News Team

• Developer
  • 629 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/Mobile_Sensei
  • Device:Droid X, Nexus S 4G

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

How To Root The Samsung Double Time GSM

Posted Image

At the time of this writing, there is no custom recovery available for this device, which means no themes or custom ROMs. The device can be easily Rooted though. Follow the steps below carefully, & you should have no problems, however proceed at your own risk. I will be trying to build a recovery for this device, but won't be anytime soon. The Rooting Guide below is for Windows Users.

ROOTING Your GSM Samsung Double Time

1.) Download & Install The USB Drivers For The SCH-I857, or you can use PDA-Net (Recommended)

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

2.) Download SuperOneClick Root App & extract to a folder on your desktop.

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

3.) Make Sure Your Phone Is Fully Charged. You don't want the phone to die in the middle of rooting the system.

4.) Attach Your Phone To The PC WITH THE FACTORY SUPPLIED DATA CABLE

5.) Right Click On The SuperOneClick.exe File In The Folder You Created Earlier, Then Choose Run As Administrator

6.) Click Root. If Prompted To Force Install ADB Driver, Choose YES

7.) Let The Program Run, & Finish. Do Not Unplug The Phone Yet.

8.) When The Process Finishes, You Will Be Prompted To Test Root, Choose Yes

9.) Once Root Is Verified, Unplug The Phone From PC & Reboot

10.) Once The Phone Reboots, Open The SuperUser App, Scroll To Bottom, & Update Binaries.

11.) Enjoy Your Rooted Device :yes

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   daemonwolph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

I can't get this to work. When I run SuperOneClick it gets to shell root #2 changemode and freezes.I have tried several times, and the program just locks up and quits responding. I've left it at the point it freezes for hours, and come back, and it is still frozen, and says not responding in the titlebar. Help!

Nevermind! Anyone else having this problem, you have to select Use Alternate ADB Parser under the advanced tab!!!!

Edited by daemonwolph, 19 July 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   celaine77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:froyo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

I am very new at this but i do know that i really need to root this phone and figure this stuff out i cant move hardly anything to the sd card i only have about 6 to 9 apps mosta came with the phone and i cant download anything else, I am having a problem with superoneclick, when i right click on the icon it says "unable to find the version of runtime to run this application, i am running net framework 4..on windows xp home edition sp3, i really dont know what i need to get this going on my computer i have all the back up and superuser and uninstall apps on my phone..can anybody give me any advice at all???

#4 OFFLINE   MzLady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

This is NOT working for me at all!!!

#5 OFFLINE   celaine77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:froyo

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostMzLady, on 18 September 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

This is NOT working for me at all!!!
just get this program called unlock root it worked fine for my double time.. Just get pda net on your computer and phone set your phone to usb debugging then just click root.. That simple:)

#6 OFFLINE   norite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Quick question, I have a doubletime that I wantto root, do you have to have the phone turned on or off when you root it? Also if it has to be turned on, do you have to tap the usb connection so it's listed as a drive?

Thanks

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users