4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   connor3485

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Device:Droid 2

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hello, i am trying to update my Droid2 to the official OTA update. I am unable to activate this phone as i have my new phone on my line. if i try to activate it, i need to get a new sim card. Is there anyone here kind enough to post the update.zip for it?

Kindly,
Connor

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   mr_brady

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

connor3485 said:

Hello, i am trying to update my Droid2 to the official OTA update. I am unable to activate this phone as i have my new phone on my line. if i try to activate it, i need to get a new sim card. Is there anyone here kind enough to post the update.zip for it?

Kindly,
Connor

I'd be interested in this as well. Picked up a D2 that is stuck in a bootloop and won't accept SBFs (verification errors). I want to try a (signed) update.zip method.

#3 OFFLINE   connor3485

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

is there anyone willing to sbf back to froyo, download the update via about phone> software update , NOT INSTALL IT, then pull the update.zip from the /cache partition? It would make me a very happy cowboy!

#4 OFFLINE   connor3485

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

I've found a way to catch the update without an activated phone: accept the moto terms by first going into system update, then connect to a wifi network and wait a while (for it connect w moto update servers to tell them you need the update). Then put the phone in airplane mode. This will trigger an update is ready notification--hit install. now connect to your wireless network again and it should start downloading. when it finishes, it wont ask to install. instead restart your phone, and put it back into airplane mode. the update will ask to install, hit okay and it will install!

here's the Blur_Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US.zip that i pulled straight from the /cache folder where the update was downloaded.

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Hope this helps! :)

#5 OFFLINE   heat408

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Postconnor3485, on 10 January 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

I've found a way to catch the update without an activated phone: accept the moto terms by first going into system update, then connect to a wifi network and wait a while (for it connect w moto update servers to tell them you need the update). Then put the phone in airplane mode. This will trigger an update is ready notification--hit install. now connect to your wireless network again and it should start downloading. when it finishes, it wont ask to install. instead restart your phone, and put it back into airplane mode. the update will ask to install, hit okay and it will install!

here's the Blur_Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US.zip that i pulled straight from the /cache folder where the update was downloaded.

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Hope this helps! :)

Any way you could post this again the file is deleted thanks in advance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users