34 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hello all,

It has been quite the ride for all of us here in Team Black Hat. We never began our little venture in the hopes of making money or turning this into a business. We got together to pool our unique resources and talents to try and break the Motorola Droid X bootloader. During the course of this we learned a great deal and had the opportunity to gain access to files that others were not able to. We enjoyed our ability to help the community and provide necessary files and support as we could.

Fast forward 18 months, yes 18 months. We have decided to change the direction of Team Black Hat. We had been discussing this change for some time and due to a culmination of many events we decided that we really wanted to take this in another direction. As such Team Black Hat will not be in the leaking firmware business any longer. Therefor the application has been changed to meet the new direction of Team Black Hat.

1) No files will be removed, all files that are currently found in the application will remain.
2) New files will be added but we can not guarantess that they will be released in the application first nor that we have leaked them.
3) The application will feature Tranquility early access builds (just beta testing)
4) We may add at our discretion valuable files to the community that are posted publicly. (Think of it as a repository which makes it easier to find files)

For those who already purchased the application before 12/15, we are sorry but we can not restore your ability to download the application nor can I verify and get you a new link at this time. I am working on a method to allow you to download again so please save those emails with order information.

We thank you for the support you have shown us over these months and we hope to continue to be beneficial to the community.

Team Black Hat.
Keeping your Motorola Rooted since 2010

Posted Image
> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   andrewp3481

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Ahhhh! You mean I have to buy it again! Lol. I will gladly support you and buy it again. Thank you for all of the work you guys have shared.

#3 OFFLINE   odiej34

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

Thanks bro.waited patiently.:)

#4 ONLINE   maddog0331

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, Droid X2, Xoom Wifi

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

I hope that this message will clear things up for a lot of users. I bought your app because I like to support developers...... Looking forward to all your hard work :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995 "

#5 OFFLINE   Caveman419

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Device:GNex - Unlocked &amp; Rooted

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Does anyone know what the newest version number is? Original (moving from DX) was 1.2.3 and the newer one in the app itself is 1.2.5.

#6 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC
  • Twitter:moosc
  • Device:DroidX on CM7, XOOM WITH HAMMERHEAD, DROID BIONIC ON STEROIDS 893..

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

So reading on twitter if u where one of the original buyers if tbh you are sol and need to buy again. Guess 1.2.5 will get turned of. That's just crazy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

#7 OFFLINE   Caveman419

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Device:GNex - Unlocked &amp; Rooted

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

P3 does say above:

p3droid said:

I am working on a method to allow you to download again so please save those emails with order information.

But what is a couple of dollars more for all he (and his team) has done for us?

#8 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

Team_Black_Hat

If you bought the app before 11/30/2011 you will need to repurchase from shop.teamblackhat.info

0:00 AM Jan 16th via TweetDeck

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

I don't mind but others might

Caveman419 said:

P3 does say above:

But what is a couple of dollars more for all he (and his team) has done for us?

#9 ONLINE   maddog0331

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, Droid X2, Xoom Wifi

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

moosc said:

Team_Black_Hat

If you bought the app before 11/30/2011 you will need to repurchase from shop.teamblackhat.info

I guess I will have to rebuy it too..Which I don't mind. Just my two cents since they won't be according to them into the leaking software/updates anymore they should make it available in the market again..... It'll be more easy for a lot of users.... :banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995 "

#10 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

moosc said:

Team_Black_Hat

Moosc,

The current application you have will continue to work as it always has, therefore there is no need to repurchase the application. Just save yourself a backup.

Posted Image
> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!

#11 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Ok thanks for clearing it up

p3droid said:

Moosc,

The current application you have will continue to work as it always has, therefore there is no need to repurchase the application. Just save yourself a backup.

#12 OFFLINE   chaaaad

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:DROID 2

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

I bought the app after 11/30. How do I upgrade?

#13 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

If u have the app just open it and it should get a notification to update. If u lost the app then you will need to repurchase the app

chaaaad said:

I bought the app after 11/30. How do I upgrade?

#14 OFFLINE   joshjuniorr

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

I've tried repeatedly over the past few days to dl the app after buying it and won't install at all..anyone else having issues
?

#15 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

Dl it to your PC then transfer it your phone. U may be getting a bad dl or u can try opera browser

joshjuniorr said:

I've tried repeatedly over the past few days to dl the app after buying it and won't install at all..anyone else having issues
?

#16 OFFLINE   chaaaad

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

moosc said:

If u have the app just open it and it should get a notification to update. If u lost the app then you will need to repurchase the app

I still have the app installed, however I don't get any prompt to update... just a black screen with a Paypal donate link.

#17 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

What phone r u using? It only supports certain phones. If u have certain phone maybe u have a modified build prop. I know there's s nexus rom that the developer missed spelled galaxy nexus. And that has screwed some folks

#18 OFFLINE   chaaaad

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

Galaxy Nexus running Codename Android 1.1.1-- maybe I should update to 1.1.4?

#19 OFFLINE   jaguarxt

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Thank you, TBH, for providing a more stabilized rooted user experience with my Droid X. I am happy to support Team Black Hat. Verizon should of hired you instead of giving you trouble. But like the movie, TV and music industry, the Cellular industry doesn't understand technology and the user experience with technology as some of the technology industry does. In fact those industries don't understand lots of things that will hurt both the consumers and their industries alike. But enough of my ranting.

Question: What do you mean by saying "will not be in the leaking firmware business any longer"? Do you mean that you are not going to create custom ROMs anymore? Do you mean that you are not going to create ways around Verizon's bootstrapper on devices anymore? Sorry for not keeping up with the "politics". Just that after using your ROMs I never had any troubles or any other reason to look into ROMs any further. I only just began to look at ROMs again after ICS is out now and love to have ICS on my Droid X. I hope to see an ICS ROM for my Droid X in the near future. I just don't understand what you are stepping away from and what will be your business in the future for Team Black Hat.

JaguarXT

Device: Motorola Droid X
Android Version: 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Build: 4.5.1_57_DX5-35 (Rooted) (from TeamBlackHat)
System Version: 4.5.605.Accurate_Battery

Edited by jaguarxt, 21 January 2012 - 12:32 AM.

#20 OFFLINE   #27265

Android Pro

• Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Device:HTC Rezound

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

jaguarxt, on 20 January 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

Question: What do you mean by saying "will not be in the leaking firmware business any longer"?
This means by the powers of persuasion that they have that they will no longer seek official unreleased, pre-released, alpha, beta, rc, test and soak builds of any OTA firmware. As far as still being able to get a hold of special files.....i do not know. Files seem to be leaked all of the time ;)

Do you mean that you are not going to create custom ROMs anymore?
No, read the post again. It clearly states: "3) The application will feature Tranquility early access builds (just beta testing)" meaning that Tranquility a "custon rom" will still be developed and released through the THB app first, for beta testing purposes before its final release.

Do you mean that you are not going to create ways around Verizon's bootstrapper on devices anymore?
TBH never create the bootstrap app, Koush did, i also think cvpcs had his hand init as well for the 2nd_init cwm recovery.

TheBootstrap app for the Droid X has not been further developed since version D2/DX version 1.00.5. Plus you do not need it with the 2int.d roms (cm7, miui). It currently works for all froyo and gb roms/firmware not based on 2init.d.

As far as bootstrap apps for other devices....i am sure they already exist or are being developed. I do not know by who.

I hope to see an ICS ROM for my Droid X in the near future.
Currently FirstEncounter has a rom released for the DX called EncounterX ICS. It is the ONLY true ICS rom for the Droid X based off the CM9 base, also the only CM9 available for the device. It is still only based off the GB kernel because of the locked and encrypted bootloader. He is having to rewrite the whole rom for compatibility for the DX kernel. so far the camera is the only thing that does NOT work. It is still in its early stages. Beta3 for its release is the most current.

I just don't understand what you are stepping away from and what will be your business in the future for Team Black Hat
The team has just decided to take a different approach. Times have changed since the initial release of the Droid X. They do not need to explain themselves. Their future endeavors will be this site, their rom and the app. simple. We have Great Devs and great support for many devices.

I hope that this answers your many questions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users