Check us out:

* * * * * 8 votes

TranQuil Ice v7.xx - Bringing heat to the ice.

nexus galaxy nexus ice cream sandwich ics aosp rom toolbox powerwidget

1218 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   DroidJunk

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 587 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Texas
  • Twitter:@DroidJunk
  • Device:GNex

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

View PostBringTheRain403, on 23 January 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

Video Camera force closes and chomp SMS force closes. Love it otherwise but I can't stand the stock SMS program so I gotta go back to 4.0.2. I'll try again on the next build...

I tried my camer/vid after reading this. Mine works, but I did a "cache wipe" last night working on stuff.

What about the Mms app would you change. I heavily modded the old cm7 Mms and have plans for the future.

D r o i d J u n k

If your in the mood... DONATE A BIT HERE.

It makes me feel better.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#42 OFFLINE   htowngtr

MDW Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Device:Thunderbolt

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostDroidJunk, on 24 January 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

I tried my camer/vid after reading this. Mine works, but I did a "cache wipe" last night working on stuff.

What about the Mms app would you change. I heavily modded the old cm7 Mms and have plans for the future.

were you having a yellow camera issue? my hue is yellow and video FC's all the time

#43 OFFLINE   DroidJunk

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

View Posthtowngtr, on 24 January 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

were you having a yellow camera issue? my hue is yellow and video FC's all the time

Mine looked good.

D r o i d J u n k

It makes me feel better.

#44 OFFLINE   unobtrusivetones

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus, Droid X

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

View PostDroidJunk, on 24 January 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

#1 has been fixed, but we have not updated the rom. We have a couple of other items to fix first.

#2 I did that on purpose. I thought it would look better, but I think you may be right. The idea is the offset ones are children of the ones not.

#3 You didnt give a number 3. Here are other things I know I need to fix. Email ringtone not playing right sound (fixed not updated). Toggles on bottom will sometimes cause pulldown to hange. Hit the back button until fixed.

Actually my stock email ringtone works just fine, I can select any ringtone and it sticks. Does this issue only affect exchange email?
I haven't had the pulldown hang for me yet with the toggles on the bottom and my camera and video work just fine and I get no FC's.
Updates to the ROM are always nice though.

#45 OFFLINE   crpeck

MDW Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Device:Bionic

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

I just tried the camera - when I switch camera's from back to front, or vice versa, it FCs.
logcat here:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Edited by crpeck, 24 January 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#46 OFFLINE   Blazinss

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

My Facebook is now giving me updates!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

#47 OFFLINE   vbads

MDW Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Device:X

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostPymoRyu, on 23 January 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

When switching camera into video mode I get an error message that Camera has stopped.

I'm having the same issue, other that that phenomenal!

#48 OFFLINE   BringTheRain403

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Device:DROID X

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

View PostDroidJunk, on 24 January 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

I completely started from scratch with this. I wiped data and cache. Completely clean install.

As far as the SMS program goes I like being able to apply custom themes and make it look the way I want it to. Chomp allows me to do this. I just don't like the look of the stock SMS app. I can't speak for the functionality of it because I didn't try it out cause I'm not a fan of the way it looks.

View Posthtowngtr, on 24 January 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

Mine was like that too...

View Postcrpeck, on 24 January 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

I just tried the camera - when I switch camera's from back to front, or vice versa, it FCs.
logcat here:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Yep mine did that too...

View PostBlazinss, on 24 January 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

My Facebook is now giving me updates!

Wish mine did...

Edited by BringTheRain403, 24 January 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#49 OFFLINE   jasonwomack

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Device:LTE Galaxy Nexus

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Anyone else notice a problem with music not pausing when the bluetooth connection over which it was playing is dropped? This isn't unique to Tranq (any version, but I thought I'd mention it here.)

When i turn off my car after playing music over bluetooth the music keeps playing over the speaker phone instead of pausing and it used to. I am able to press the power button to pause it.

#50 OFFLINE   htowngtr

MDW Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Device:Thunderbolt

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

I absolutely love the ROM in everything except the camera problems. I have a 2 year old so no camera or video is a show stopper for me. Once those get fixed I'm back on this ROM.

#51 OFFLINE   JRFAN

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Anyone else lose root when they flashed a BigDX theme?

#52 OFFLINE   Sloath

Junior Droid

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDa UP Eh!
  • Twitter:@SL0ATH
  • Device:Galaxy nexus

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

Not seeing any of the Camera issues here (FC or Yellow). Installed 7.c directly over 7.0. Can't comment to the Facebook updating, don't use it..

#53 OFFLINE   DroidJunk

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

Those with G+ & Google Music issues.
In the past I had G+ issues. Using rootexplorer I removed the app from /system/app and then installed from the market. You may try this.

Those with Camera issues.
I realize that there have been several people with the same issue, but we are not seeing it. Remember we may have the same phone, but our setups are going to be different. Think about other apps that you may have installed that could cause a problem and try uninstalling them. I would reboot after an unistall just to be sure. If your using Titanium Backup... well we don't and I have seen people have problems when using it. Worst comes to worst you can do a factory reset and full wipe with the install and see if the camera works. If it works then stops after you install apps, then you will have an idea of where the culprit is.

Those with the Statusbar Pulldown "hanging"
If you have the toggles set to be at the bottom of the pulldown the pulldown will at times hang when closing. I have been able to duplicate this. The problem is that it is not really a problem. It is working correctly. I have tested it and for me until I figured out why it was hard to make it happen. We have live buttons down there when there were none before. It appears to me as you are bringing the pulldown up with your finger you are actually trying to either push a button or scroll the view. That is when it stops. It might be more of when someone is trying to close it with one hand. Make sure your finger is on the closehandle and not partially on the toggles. I can "fling" it and use the back button all day long and it won't hang.

Things that I worked on and have fixed, but not yet updated :
Email notification sounds
Missing 4G toggle when toggles are at the bottom.

We are trying guys. We both work on this while at work and when we get off of work.

Thanks,
DroidJunk

D r o i d J u n k

It makes me feel better.

#54 OFFLINE   bliu

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostDroidJunk, on 24 January 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

If your using Titanium Backup... well we don't and I have seen people have problems when using it.

Thanks for the great ROM! I actually haven't experienced any of the camera problems, but was wondering what you use instead of Titanium Backup.

#55 OFFLINE   techjpc

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

My Camera also FC's when switching to Video.

#56 OFFLINE   Sloath

Junior Droid

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDa UP Eh!
  • Twitter:@SL0ATH
  • Device:Galaxy nexus

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Are those seeing issues with Google apps possibly seeing carryover (by way of restore from backup) of the "special gaaps" P3 released back in earlier versions? I know those versions wouldn't update from the market.. removing from system/app and reinstall should clean that up right?

#57 OFFLINE   crpeck

MDW Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

I'll do a full wipe & reinstall and see if I can track the Camera FC's down.

#58 OFFLINE   DroidJunk

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Postbliu, on 24 January 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Thanks for the great ROM! I actually haven't experienced any of the camera problems, but was wondering what you use instead of Titanium Backup.

I use Clockwork for backups and restoring. I try to never restore data and when I do I expect that I might have problems. I dont freeze apps, but delete them instead.

D r o i d J u n k

It makes me feel better.

#59 OFFLINE   crpeck

MDW Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

Try 1:
I wiped everything, and flashed v70d.zip on it - After doing the Setup I ran Camera swapped back to front and it FC'd.

Try 2:
Wipe, flashed sms-v60h.zip, booted, went through setup, ran Camera, swapped back to front - all is well. Let the phone settle a bit...
Reboot, flash v70d.zip (no wipey), ran Camera, swapped front to back - all is well.
I also noticed that the minor green tint I had before is gone.

As far as restoring - I only restore one app & data using Ultimate Backup Pro - Google Authenticator (cause I want the data back in it). I just did that, and, Camera is still find. Otherwise, I either re-install from Market, or, from the apk file stashed on my sdcard.

Edited by crpeck, 24 January 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#60 OFFLINE   Callerholler

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

I Have v7c on my SD but I think I'll stick to v6h cuz of it's stability.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users