Check us out:

- - - - -

VZW RC 2.1 ESE53 SBF, Rooted and Overclocked!!!

84 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   haxzamatic

Developer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/HaXzAmaTiC
  • Device:Nexus One - Droid

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:24 AM

I tried the nandroid before and I can't get it to boot, trust me I tried. I have ADB installed I'm not a noob...I don't think ADB would of helped install nandroid backups lol. It says failed flashing progress: Interface AP-OS Error Verifying... I hit the show device button, and must of flashed the sbf 4 times. Maybe my phone don't like that 1100mhz kernel..Not sure?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#22 OFFLINE   Texanmike

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:27 AM

haxzamatic said:

I tried the nandroid before and I can't get it to boot, trust me I tried. I have ADB installed I'm not a noob...I don't think ADB would of helped install nandroid backups lol. It says failed flashing progress: Interface AP-OS Error Verifying... I hit the show device button, and must of flashed the sbf 4 times. Maybe my phone don't like that 1100mhz kernel..Not sure?

I wasn't trying to imply you were a noob ftr. I'm prob, no I'm def... the newb here. Did you try the reboot phone thing? Safe mode? (power button and menu button)? just asking.. i'm sure you did try those.

Mike

Edited by Texanmike, 06 March 2010 - 02:35 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   je2345

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid X-soon to be Samsung Fascinate

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:39 AM

olta777 said:

Just wanted to let all know that this ROM works well with 24k theme. :)

The HTC Desire Theme also works with this ROM! It Looks awesome too! If I can get wireless tethering without losing anything i got right now then I will stick with it no matter what another Dev comes out with cuz I got it to perfection and dont want to lose what I have loaded and metamorphed!

#24 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

je2345 said:

The HTC Desire Theme also works with this ROM! It Looks awesome too! If I can get wireless tethering without losing anything i got right now then I will stick with it no matter what another Dev comes out with cuz I got it to perfection and dont want to lose what I have loaded and metamorphed!

Tethering should be worked on tomorrow (technically today) :p But..I do agree that this ROM is outstanding. :)

> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

#25 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:51 AM

@ haxzmatic I suggest you re flash the 2.1 ERE25 sbf and then relash this one to see if this solves your problem.

Posted Image

#26 OFFLINE   haxzamatic

Developer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:59 AM

Sorry Mike not trying to be a dick it's late I'm tired, love this site definitely will be back! I tried to install 2.0.1 sbf not 2.1 I'll try in the morning Wireless Tethering and all the goodies will probably be done when I get up anyway, I need sleep. Anyway thanks mike and p3 for trying to help!

#27 OFFLINE   Texanmike

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:07 AM

haxzamatic said:

Sorry Mike not trying to be a dick it's late I'm tired, love this site definitely will be back! I tried to install 2.0.1 sbf not 2.1 I'll try in the morning Wireless Tethering and all the goodies will probably be done when I get up anyway, I need sleep. Anyway thanks mike and p3 for trying to help!

Hmm.. can you get into the recovery console at all? And no you're not being a dick.. i was just saying that I am a noob. I ran linux boxes for years but i'm a complete noob on android devices. I was a WM fan for a long time... but they get progressivley farther and farther behind the curve so I jumped ship. I'm just thinking of things that could interrupt whatever cycyle you're in long enough for you to drop your clock speed way down...

Mike

#28 OFFLINE   dpeco

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:35 AM

Hi all.
I am def the new number one Noob here. I have my Droid flashed with Smoked Glass 5.0.1 which I believe is a 2.0.1 based ROM.
Is there anyone here that would want to take the time to let me know how to flash this ROM here. I have been reading posts for weeks now, trying to absorb all (this is hard enough for a non Techie, let alone with the things changing so fast and furious) and sometimes it just does not sink in?
I was rooted by using the DM Updater. Any one want o help a poor noob out. If this was posted in detail somewhere I am very sorry. I noticed the 1st post, however was a bit confusing to me.
Thanks in advance to anyone willing.

#29 OFFLINE   SoCalMiles

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

I couldn't get this to boot either...How high is the voltage on this kernal? I Loaded it by flashing, then flashing

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

kernal over it. I don't know why I couldn't boot your 1.1 ghz but I can tell you I was in the 5 - 10% that couldn't handle Chevy's 1.2 or 1.25 kernals because of the voltage change.

#30 OFFLINE   RANDYRKELLY

Android Master

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/rrkmdw
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

Ok do y'all have a link for the dark theme like on ultimate droid 5.8?

Posted Image

:confusedIf Your Ever In A Bind And Can't Fix Your Droid, Just Gtalk Or Email Me RANDYRKELLY@GMAIL.COM:fire

#31 OFFLINE   MyDroidWorld

Owner

• Administrators
  • 890 posts
  • Twitter:@MyDroidWorld and @bbcrackman
  • Device:Droid X, Nexus One, Droid Incredible, Thunderbolt, Xoom

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

je2345 said:

yes yes yes...hopefully is the keyword! Thanks a lot Mydroidworld! So mad at myself that I never knew about this forum!

You're here now though! Welcome to MyDroidWorld! We look forward to seeing you in the forums..

#32 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

dpeco said:

Hi all.
I am def the new number one Noob here. I have my Droid flashed with Smoked Glass 5.0.1 which I believe is a 2.0.1 based ROM.
Is there anyone here that would want to take the time to let me know how to flash this ROM here. I have been reading posts for weeks now, trying to absorb all (this is hard enough for a non Techie, let alone with the things changing so fast and furious) and sometimes it just does not sink in?
I was rooted by using the DM Updater. Any one want o help a poor noob out. If this was posted in detail somewhere I am very sorry. I noticed the 1st post, however was a bit confusing to me.
Thanks in advance to anyone willing.

Welcome to MyDroidWorld!!!! I would suggest updating the nandroid way...give me a little bit and I will get you all necessary links. :)

"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

#33 OFFLINE   je2345

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid X-soon to be Samsung Fascinate

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

My google maps doesnt work. Even why i uninstall it and then try and reinstall thru market it says imcompatible and wont install. So my navigation doesnt work either! All i need is that and wireless tethering working and i will b happy as can be.

#34 OFFLINE   Aixelsyd

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 984 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:52 PM

Heya all new to the forum so wanted to say hi first quick, and thanks for the site, and posted ROM.

Long time phone hacker myself going all the way back to the days of the Razr's and so forth. Be that as it may have had plenty of Exp using RSD Lite and many other pieces of phone software so I have no problem doing this process using the *.sbf file as I much prefer clean installs from the get go.

anywhoo my couple of questions are this. First off should we just power the device on to use RSD Lite to flash it, or would we be better off forcing the device into flash mode when power it on prior to doing the flash of the *.sbf file.
Second question is relative to the fixes after the flash process. What state or mode should we have the device in? I obviously already have SPRecovery .99.3b installed is why I'm asking. SO I didn't know if I should fire the unit up and do it or just boot into SPRecovery and mount there to push the files to get things done.

Any input/advise is greatly appreciated. TIA

#35 OFFLINE   dpeco

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:46 PM

olta777 said:

Welcome to MyDroidWorld!!!! I would suggest updating the nandroid way...give me a little bit and I will get you all necessary links. :)

Thank you very much.

I woudl love to try this, not sure how to start, to go to the 2.1 ROM from a 2.0.1 based ROM?

#36 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

dpeco said:

Thank you very much.

I woudl love to try this, not sure how to start, to go to the 2.1 ROM from a 2.0.1 based ROM?

Ok, so to start...

1. http://www.mydroidwo...ernels-etc.html
2. Download Nandroid file here

3. http://www.mydroidwo...noob-guide.html - for backup
4. http://www.mydroidwo...g-nandroid.html

Let us know if you get questions along the way...#3 and #4 go over same...but #3 is what tells you how to do the full backup and #4 is strictly loading the ROM.

Note that this ROM will reset your phone to factory, so you would need to set up your emails again, apps and etc. I would definitely recommend running sync for contacts/calendar/mail, then using Astro File Manager to back up your apps. :)

#37 OFFLINE   haxzamatic

Developer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

I made a quick video showing the Droid's 2.1 release with Exclusive Droid Live Wallpaper YouTube - Moto Droid 2.1 ESE53 -

#38 OFFLINE   dpeco

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

olta777 said:

Ok, so to start...

1. http://www.mydroidwo...ernels-etc.html
2. Download Nandroid file here

3. http://www.mydroidwo...noob-guide.html - for backup
4. http://www.mydroidwo...g-nandroid.html

Let us know if you get questions along the way...#3 and #4 go over same...but #3 is what tells you how to do the full backup and #4 is strictly loading the ROM.

Note that this ROM will reset your phone to factory, so you would need to set up your emails again, apps and etc. I would definitely recommend running sync for contacts/calendar/mail, then using Astro File Manager to back up your apps. :)

Thank you very much olta777.
I read ever page and link, I understand it somewhat better as well.
One question I do have is the Extract the Files part with WinRar or similar program. Do I extract the file I downloaded (Rom) on the computer 1st or in the Root of the SD Card?

#39 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

dpeco said:

Thank you very much olta777.
I read ever page and link, I understand it somewhat better as well.
One question I do have is the Extract the Files part with WinRar or similar program. Do I extract the file I downloaded (Rom) on the computer 1st or in the Root of the SD Card?

You can do either way...but the final extracted ROM folder that contains boot, system, data, etc should be copied to nandroid folder on SD card. :)

#40 OFFLINE   dpeco

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

Do I need to download 32 or 64 bit WinRar sorry for got to ask that.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users