Jump to content

Check us out:

- - - - -

Best Rom for the Charge hands down!


5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Reason

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Samsung Droid Charge

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

The Eclipse Rom is the best ROM out there for this phone. Check it out!

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

    MyDroidWorld.com



#2 OFFLINE   NattyBee

    Android Master

  • Moderators
  • 1,674 posts
  • Twitter:@NatttyBee
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

That is correct, but we try not to link to sites outside the forum....
Nitro has been invited to post his work here on MDW, and hopefully he'll get s chance yo do so soon ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

#3 OFFLINE   buhohitr

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Samsung Droid charge

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostNattyBee, on 02 February 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

That is correct, but we try not to link to sites outside the forum....
Nitro has been invited to post his work here on MDW, and hopefully he'll get s chance yo do so soon ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Have you guys compare eclipse with Tweakstock rom? IMO, tweakstock is slightly more stable and have more control features in the settings. Example I can change(remove/add/reorder) the pull down power widget (14 total) and the power menue options, I can toggle battery full/empty notification etc..Tweakstock also have 2 beautiful themes that designed just for it (ICS and Infinity MNML). Eclipse has add-on 14 widgets too but very buggie and some of my apps failed to work on eclipse. I'm sure give it more time it will be one of the best....but until then...tweakstock stills ahead.

Edited by buhohitr, 08 February 2012 - 11:00 PM.


#4 OFFLINE   minotaur19

    MDW Noob

  • VIP
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Where did you find the ICS theme for tweakstock?

#5 OFFLINE   NattyBee

    Android Master

  • Moderators
  • 1,674 posts
  • Twitter:@NatttyBee
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

View Postbuhohitr, on 08 February 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:


Have you guys compare eclipse with Tweakstock rom? IMO, tweakstock is slightly more stable and have more control features in the settings. Example I can change(remove/add/reorder) the pull down power widget (14 total) and the power menue options, I can toggle battery full/empty notification etc..Tweakstock also have 2 beautiful themes that designed just for it (ICS and Infinity MNML). Eclipse has add-on 14 widgets too but very buggie and some of my apps failed to work on eclipse. I'm sure give it more time it will be one of the best....but until then...tweakstock stills ahead.
Yes, I was using TweakStock for a bit, until Nitro got Eclipse updated...and Eclipse is definitely my favorite... Nitro always does very good, stable, smooth work with great battery life (better than TweakStock-in fact the best I've gotten on the Charge)
Btw- Nitro updated Eclipse to v1.3 a day or so ago... :)


Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#6 OFFLINE   buhohitr

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Samsung Droid charge

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostNattyBee, on 17 February 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Yes, I was using TweakStock for a bit, until Nitro got Eclipse updated...and Eclipse is definitely my favorite... Nitro always does very good, stable, smooth work with great battery life (better than TweakStock-in fact the best I've gotten on the Charge)
Btw- Nitro updated Eclipse to v1.3 a day or so ago... :)


Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Define "better than Tweakstock" ?
1. Take a look at eclipse forum - most of the posts are issue/problem posts looking for answers.
2. Speed - both about the same
3. stable - Tweakstock still more stable (refer to #1)
4. Theme - Tweakstock = ICS and MNML, Eclipse=red theme.
Basically, have 2 D.Charges, one with Tweakstock and one with Eclipse. Tweakstock, flash and forget. Eclipse, I still playing with it since some of the apps still have issue like laucher, icon, Gtalk etc..
However, I loved BOTH.

Here are just a few comments on this rom:(Dated March 5, 2012) This is the latest 1.4 eclipse version:
"Falcyn wrote:I'm having the disappearing-widgets-on-(some)-reboots issue, too. I'm absolutely certain it's not due to a bad flash and fixing permissions does not resolve the problem."

"Same here. Also not able to make short cuts & keep getting calender and market error messages. The bigger issues ive had though are the terrible battery life( I know this is a kernel iasue but if I switch to tweakstock it returns to normal) and the phone did a factory reset when I plug it in to charge it."

Edited by buhohitr, 05 March 2012 - 10:02 AM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users