Bionic root 902 brick

106 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   davisul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:BIONIC

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Thank you so much for all the time and work involved in all of this.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#42 OFFLINE   kylebennett006

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:Bionic

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue after using the method described in this post. After rebooting after installing the update, my phone seems to be trying to download an update. I will randomly get a pop-up box titled "Info" that says "Download of update failed." When I go to settings>about phone>system updates, I will get the message "An update is currently being downloaded. You will be notified when the download is complete."

Obviously, this is annoying and it suggests my phone is trying to do something in the background. Any fix for this yet?

I went and deleted all the Blur update zips from my sd card and external sd card. I searched my system using ES File Explorer and couldn't find anything that would suggest prompting an update. I also cleared the data from several running apps such as Updater, Download Manager, FOTA, and Market. Nothing seems to work.

I just booted into recovery and wiped the cache...we'll see if that works.

#43 OFFLINE   kylebennett006

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

Update:
Wiping the cache did not work. I am still receiving the error message. :(

#44 OFFLINE   Boodahpimp

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

Just a quick FYI: I received this error three times when running Option 3 (Minimal):
'moto_fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Inspecting the batch file, I found that the middle three lines that called moto-fastboot had been mistyped as 'moto_fastboot' (with an underscore instead of a dash). I corrected the batch file, re-ran, and the image transfers were successful.

#45 OFFLINE   Boodahpimp

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

I successfully OTA updated to 5.9.902 after running Option 3 Minimal Restore, but had errors during rooting after the update. The root seems to have been successful, but the forever root failed (see message below). I continued on and ran Option 5 to install the OTA Rootkeeper app. It installed and ran successfully, so all seems well.

* Type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 and then press ENTER: 4
********************************************************************************
* Motofail: Universal Motorola Android Root Exploit (Windows version)
* by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
* Tested on Droid 3, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, and Droid 4
* Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
* have the latest Motorola drivers installed, and that your phone
* is connected via USB.
********************************************************************************
* Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
* Waiting for device...
* Device found.
* Deploying payload...
1595 KB/s (359392 bytes in 0.220s)
* Owning phone...
* Rebooting device...
* Waiting for phone to reboot.
* Attemping persistence...
remount succeeded
228 KB/s (22228 bytes in 0.095s)
2459 KB/s (1994516 bytes in 0.792s)
821 KB/s (843503 bytes in 1.003s)
* Cleaning up...
* Rebooting...
* Exploit complete!
* Installing Forever Root Hack...
failed to copy 'mount_ext3.sh' to '/system/bin/mount_ext3.sh': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh: Read-only file system

* Rebooting your phone now
* All done! Your phone should now be rooted, if no errors were seen!

#46 OFFLINE   lakilaulea

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

I'm unable to update to .902. I'm coming from a stock rooted .893. I've tried options 1 and 3 before option 6 and I get this error message everytime:

E:failed to seek in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Invalid Argument)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

#47 OFFLINE   hiono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

i am/was on .902 rooted flashing a rom when bad, stuck in moto duel core screen when i went into fast boot it said "flash failure" i can still get into recovery and everything just normal boot wont work. to my knowledge i just need something to flash, using this what option would i use?

edit: its working and unrooted now ps thanks dhacker and everyone else that helped put this together helping the less tech savvy of us save money :)

Edited by hiono, 19 February 2012 - 02:04 AM.

#48 OFFLINE   rfwight16

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:bionic

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Great work dhacker...thanks for the efforts. Got everything to run except for sdcard update to .902.
After copying to sd card, running recovery, ...
Got a similar error to post 21
veryfying current system
assert failed apply pathcheck ('/system/app/booksphone.apk'...lots of numbers...682")error /tmpsideload/package.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted.

Reran all options including minimal update (option 3) and still got the same response.

Phone is rooted and on .593 now. Voodoo hack installed,

Any ideas?

Edited by rfwight16, 19 February 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#49 OFFLINE   HoboFist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

for somw reason i cant seem to get the fxz zip link to work. aqnyone else having this problem?

Edit: got it to finally go thru once, but now I get this when i try tp extract with winrar:

! C:\Users\Mad Hatter\Desktop\902-Bionic_Pathsaver_WINDOWS\902-Bionic_Pathsaver_WINDOWS\VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

, cant imagine with everyone else's success it's actually bad so I'm gonna try again tomorrow

Edited by HoboFist, 19 February 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#50 OFFLINE   SamuriHL

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Bionic, Xoom

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

For those that want to use the FXZ to flash directly to 902 from any version, grab the file from the link I posted earlier in this thread. Then edit 01Double-Click-Me.bat.

Replace: VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml
With: VRZ_XT875_5.5.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml

And save it. Instead of extracting the 893 FXZ from the first post, extract the 902 FXZ that I linked to earlier and you'll now be able to restore directly to 902. moto-fail will root 902 so you're good and it'll save you a few steps. No need to run the 902 update doing it this way. Enjoy!

#51 OFFLINE   belatukadro

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Twitter:@belatukadro
  • Device:DROID Bionic

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostSamuriHL, on 19 February 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

For those that want to use the FXZ to flash directly to 902 from any version, grab the file from the link I posted earlier in this thread. Then edit 01Double-Click-Me.bat.

Replace: VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml
With: VRZ_XT875_5.5.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml

And save it. Instead of extracting the 893 FXZ from the first post, extract the 902 FXZ that I linked to earlier and you'll now be able to restore directly to 902. moto-fail will root 902 so you're good and it'll save you a few steps. No need to run the 902 update doing it this way. Enjoy!

Anyone interested is welcome to download my modified Windows version for 5.9.902 FXZ files

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

. I also fixed the flash and For3v3r root errors, for what it's worth.
Hope it helps someone!

#52 OFFLINE   lakilaulea

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postbelatukadro, on 20 February 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Anyone interested is welcome to download my modified Windows version for 5.9.902 FXZ files

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

. I also fixed the flash and For3v3r root errors, for what it's worth.
Hope it helps someone!

This link doesn't work.

#53 OFFLINE   Gatorman

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Device:Motorola Bionic

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Can this be used to roll back to .893 from .902? Is updating the cdt.bin file from .902 necessary?

Edit:

Well dumb question...are the .901 and .902 cdt.bin files the same?

Edit:

So I took my balls out of my pocket and ran option #2, after taking the .902 OTA, and I'm on .893. I shouldn't be surprised. dhacker29 you are the man.

Edited by Gatorman, 20 February 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#54 OFFLINE   SamuriHL

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Bionic, Xoom

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

As far as I understand, the CDT.BIN didn't change between 901 and 902. In fact, I just did a binary compare and they are in fact identical. So, once you do a 90x flash, you need to use the 90x CDT.BIN and you're good to go if you want to go back to 893. HOWEVER, that being said, as CellZealot just posted on another forum, 902 is really a new baseline because the FXZ gives us the full signed files to go back to 902 from any version. This is highly ideal. And since motofail works on 902, it truly is a new baseline going forward.

Edited by SamuriHL, 20 February 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#55 OFFLINE   guzmand2

Droid

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Can anyone post the direct download here.. im at work and I cannot go to data sharing sites.. i messed up my phone and I really need to use it. please let me know. I was on 902 rooted before i messed it up and I can only go to the fastboot screen nothing else... thanks

#56 OFFLINE   chefb

Android Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • Device:verizon

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

ok im on the first leaked 893. and want to use this program. but seen some people javing issues ...

also some one posted a modified version above......

my question is which is the best working for you?

thanks

#57 OFFLINE   dburger66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Ok, here is the question. Are there any ROMs that will work with 902? Eclipse had a nice one for the 901 release but I haven't seen anything out there for 902. :nono

#58 OFFLINE   brainwash1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

View Postdburger66, on 21 February 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Ok, here is the question. Are there any ROMs that will work with 902? Eclipse had a nice one for the 901 release but I haven't seen anything out there for 902.
@dhacker29 and at least 2 other devs have ICS working with 902.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#59 OFFLINE   rdefino

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

So I'm on OTA 902 running safeboot with the Eclipse rom, but I have some issues and want to wipe it all out and go back to stock .902 rooted.

Am I right that I would run option 2, then 4, and then 6 and load .902 from SD card.

Is it that easy?

Thanks

#60 OFFLINE   mhalleasley

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:motorola bionic

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I am bootlooping. Script says error can not load 893 anything. Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users