• Moderators
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNashville, AR
  • Twitter:dhacker29
  • Device:Droid Razr, Droid Bionic

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

ICS4BIONIC ALPHA for 5.9.902

This will only work if you have updated to 5.9.902 system version

Well here it is ICS for the DROID BOINIC alpha 5.9.902 build.

A HUGE THANKS TO:

DroidTh3ory for always answering my questions and getting me excited about building ROMs to start with!!
AOSP and CyanogenMod for all the hard work on the source
Hashcode for merging the motorola code into framework base and system core, as well as sharing his progress on the DROID 3 with us and letting me hit his GTalk all the time. Without his initial work NONE of this would have been possible. Mastur Mynd for doing some testing and talking to me all night
Google for giving us our Android Desserts
ALL DEV's in forums everywhere for giving me the inspiration that I can do this too!!!
and of course HASHCODE HASHCODE HASHCODE Posted Image

All source is available at

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

DETAILS:

CM 9 ICS_MR0 and AOSP (ICS 4.0.3_r1) What works:
Graphics working smooth now (Hashcode)
Adb is working so we can track the rest (Hashcode)
Touchscreen (Hashcode) Capacitive buttons (Hashcode)
Charging indicator (Hashcode)
BlueTooth Both SDCards mounting on phone Builtin Screenshot (CM)
Reboot menu (CM)
Phone and SMS works
GPS fully functional Audio fully working (Hashcode audio wrapper based on tpruvot's Defy work)
USB Mount working for sdcard-ext (Hashcode)
Gallery recognizes both cards (Hashcode)
1x/3g/lte data working
EDIT: 2-10 fixed the constant data drops.

NOTE: New GSM only mode under Settings/Wireless & Networks/More/Mobile Networks/Network Mode/ Select GSM only wait till the screen flashes twice (or it says 4G SIM detected would you like to switch to LTE/CDMA) then switch to LTE/CDMA. Data will come up.

NOTE: OLD Method You may have to dial *#*#4636#*#* (or use Phone Info from the market) and toggle data mode between modes. For me toggling to GSM only till the screen flashes and then back to GSM/CDMA auto (prl) works perfect. It will show data for a sec then flash off and about 30 seconds it will pop up to full data.

Not working: Camera

INFORMATION: READ THIS!!!! This is an alpha build and SafeStrap for the BOINIC is the easiest way to test it as you don't loose your main rom, but it now has full support for 2nd init booting in CWR. Don't blame me if screw up your phone Posted Image

INSTALL AND DOWNLOADS

SafeStrap for BONIC:

ROMS:

Google Apps or GApps as they are called are no longer included in the ROM. Please download both packages and flash the ROM followed by the GApps then boot up.

Flash with the ROM or later no wipe.
Read the intro and changelog before asking "Why doesn't this work" Posted Image

SCREENSHOTS

Posted ImagePosted Image

CHANGE LOG

V ALPHA Preview Compiled from the latest AOSP and CM9 source Just a taste of whats to come for use on the BOINIC
V ALPHA2 Preview Fixed graphics (Hashcode)
V ALPHA5 Preview Both internal and external SD card work Most forcecloses fixed Radio turning on but no connecting to network yet
V ALPHA6 Preview Phone works but NO AUDIO Wifi works Added new GAPPS be aware the facelock won't work and Talk will crash at times because the camera doesn't work yet GPS 100%
V ALPHA7 Phone with audio and bluetooth support Audio not working with Google Music at present GPS working Wifi working (Hashcode) Still no camera so Gtalk removed.
V ALPHA8 Sound working on both speakers ringtones etc, still scratchy. Data obtains IP at times but still not connecting. V ALPHA9 Working 1x data Clear audio (Hashcode)
V ALPHA10 GAPPS fixed - market sync now works, calendar syncs with google. If it asks you to login go back and open the browser first Google Voice search fixed....again Su/Superuser issue fixed I'm sure there is something else but I don't remember lol
ALPHA12-28 Launcher force closes fixed. (CM) Init changes for stability and smoother Facebook Sync "should" work now (Hashcode_ Toggles in pull down (CM) Lots of under the hood changes
ALPHA01-04 Removed FM apps Added full IPv6 kernel module support (Hashcode_ 2nd init fully functional for booting from CWR (Hashcode_ Switched SD cards back to moto standard as some apps don't like not seeing an SDcard if the external isn't present
ALPHA01-14 Fixed USB Mass Storage SDcard now mounts on computer (Hashcode) Styled FileManager and Usb apps to ICS theme Fixed data stats to work properly in settings (Hashcode) Gallery recognizes both sdcards now (Hashcode)
ALPHA01-25 Fixes to data usage stats (Hashcode) Added Gtalk back as camera is disabled for now ALPHA02-09 First build for 5.9.902 system version working 3G/LTE data. WOOOHOOOO
ALPHA02-10 Per fix found by ShaneBionic swapped out the libims_client_jni.so to fix data drops. Toggling still required to get data up. Updated GApps to fix issues with low memory on the SafeStrap system partition. Always reflash GApps when you flash the ROM

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   DroidmanDan

MDW Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

I have this running on my bionic as we speak. Thank you for all the hard work and TIME that you have put into this. Where can I donate?

#3 OFFLINE   XRSrider29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Twitter:XRSrider29
  • Device:DROID Bionic

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

I had ICS4BIONIC installed "over" (i guess you could say) .893 and installed/booted through Safestrap, with this .902 version can I install from CWR or do i still have to install from Safestrap??

#4 OFFLINE   reminon

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostXRSrider29, on 13 February 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

I had ICS4BIONIC installed "over" (i guess you could say) .893 and installed/booted through Safestrap, with this .902 version can I install from CWR or do i still have to install from Safestrap??

safestrap is best advised just in case. And make sure you too the. 902 ota update before you run this, or you still wont have data.

#5 OFFLINE   XRSrider29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

View Postreminon, on 13 February 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

safestrap is best advised just in case. And make sure you too the. 902 ota update before you run this, or you still wont have data.

I was running the .902 ota update stock no forever root or anything like that. Rooted it using the Droid4 exploit, installed CWR then just flashed the rom and gapps. Booted up and everything works awesome. Get the camera working and this will be the perfect ICS rom for our bionics!

#6 OFFLINE   Jimmy3299

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Twitter:jimmy3299
  • Device:Charge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

I did installation as usual but this time I quickly got emergency calls only..any others with this problem?

#7 OFFLINE   XRSrider29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

@Jimmy3299 change network to GSM Only then back to GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) and you should be fine

#8 OFFLINE   Jimmy3299

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Yes I got it booted up at first but shortly after...about ten mins or so it went to a screen that said emergency calls only and I couldn't do the four corner trick to get into phone menu #* one.

#9 OFFLINE   Jimmy3299

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

I had already synced all my acts to it but after that is what I mean.

#10 OFFLINE   XRSrider29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

Oh, well I've never seen that before. Did a reboot fix it? If not I'd go back into recovery and clear everything (data, cache, dalvik) and then reinstall the ROM and gapps..

#11 OFFLINE   Jimmy3299

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

I did that before I installed originally but I had work to do I UN safe straped and reverted to factory. I plan on doing that in a couple hours.
The only thing other than normal games was voice search. I was wondering if it may have something to do with it.

#12 OFFLINE   XRSrider29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Redownload the ROM maybe? Wouldn't hurt

#13 OFFLINE   Jimmy3299

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

I redid everything and it happened again...not sure what is happening.this time theI did not install the boot animation.only the ROM then the new gaps then nova launcher. It installed fine got everything set up fine used it a few mins and set lock as usual then I put it in holster and went to use it about ten mins later and blammo.....emergency calls only again. I can receive but the phone is Lockheed to me.

#14 OFFLINE   XRSrider29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

nova launcher glitch maybe? That's the only thing I haven't installed

#15 OFFLINE   Jimmy3299

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Sorry I'm a tard.I figured out what i did wrong. One of the exchange account required a pin. When no one had the same problem I did some thinking and duhhhhh. Thanks guys

#16 OFFLINE   Jimmy3299

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Sorry I'm a tard.I figured out what i did wrong. One of the exchange account required a pin. When no one had the same problem I did some thinking and duhhhhh. Thanks guys

#17 OFFLINE   Princesation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Bionic

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

i still dont have a mic on the keyboard even with the new 2-14 gapps and ics rom. any ideas?

#18 OFFLINE   Jimmy3299

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

I downloaded Swype. Its awesome when you need to type fast. Its on that keyboard.

#19 OFFLINE   hurleyint

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

1) Why for the love of God can I not get the md5 to match the ROM zip? I have downloaded it 10 different time with no match. ALl my other md5s match everything I have downloaded.

#20 OFFLINE   bendrum30

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid Bionic

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Did you go to the market and download voice search? The voce search app is no longer included in the ROM. You have to download the app from the market.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users