- - - - -

can't get out of 5.5.886

7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   acromion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

So I've managed to totally derp my phone, and seek the guidance of a professional.

I have tried to follow the hullabaloo of threads, links, and link updates occuring later in the thread, and I think I know what it is I did, but everything I have tried doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure what I did was mix two different methods, i.e., dhackers and the FXZ rsdlite flashing, by covering up one flash mistake with another flash. Originally, I believe I used dhackers and something went wrong, so I tried other things (fxz flashing) and ended up bricking it. I've discovered that the "flashme.zip" fxz is the only thing that rezurrects my phone.

-I've managed to completely get rid of root (at one time I was half rooted with a superuser Icon and no superuser access). This has all been fixed, but I cannot come out of 5.5.886.

-I've tried to flash the ".892 fxz" but it fails at flashing 6/22. The 892 ota update is a no go, as well.
-I've tried to revert back to stock and start fresh by flashing "bionic_minimal_fxz.tar" but that fails at 3/4.
-Whenever I get a cdt error "fix cdt" works, and I can flash the "flash me" to get my phone back, otherwise nothing else works.
-I've tried "R3L3AS3DRoot" to revert, but that fails. Should I be using "R3L3AS3DRootMine"?

Any ideas? I can push files with cmd, as long as you can lead me to the step-by-step guide.

Edited by acromion, 17 February 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   dhacker29

ICS Doctor

• Moderators
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNashville, AR
  • Twitter:dhacker29
  • Device:Droid Razr, Droid Bionic

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

View Postacromion, on 17 February 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

So I've managed to totally derp my phone, and seek the guidance of a professional.

I have tried to follow the hullabaloo of threads, links, and link updates occuring later in the thread, and I think I know what it is I did, but everything I have tried doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure what I did was mix two different methods, i.e., dhackers and the FXZ rsdlite flashing, by covering up one flash mistake with another flash. Originally, I believe I used dhackers and something went wrong, so I tried other things (fxz flashing) and ended up bricking it. I've discovered that the "flashme.zip" fxz is the only thing that rezurrects my phone.

-I've managed to completely get rid of root (at one time I was half rooted with a superuser Icon and no superuser access). This has all been fixed, but I cannot come out of 5.5.886.

-I've tried to flash the ".892 fxz" but it fails at flashing 6/22. The 892 ota update is a no go, as well.
-I've tried to revert back to stock and start fresh by flashing "bionic_minimal_fxz.tar" but that fails at 3/4.
-Whenever I get a cdt error "fix cdt" works, and I can flash the "flash me" to get my phone back, otherwise nothing else works.
-I've tried "R3L3AS3DRoot" to revert, but that fails. Should I be using "R3L3AS3DRootMine"?

Any ideas? I can push files with cmd, as long as you can lead me to the step-by-step guide.

Try flashing the the 5.9.902 FXZ in rsd lite. it will wipe internal sd though so back it up

Sent from my AXI0M [R]AZR using Tapatalk

#3 OFFLINE   sonicjoe

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

The reason you are failing at 6/22 is because that is the cdt.bin. You must've been running .901 or .902 at some point. Either do what dhacker said, or extract the .893 fxz and replace the cdt.bin with the one included with the fixcdt.bat (it may have been renamed to cdt.901 or something, there are several fixes out there and I'm not sure exactly which one you are using.)

#4 OFFLINE   acromion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

I'm giving the 902 a go now. Thanks for the replys, I'll keep you informed on how this goes.

#5 OFFLINE   acromion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

The .902 did it. Thanks for the help. For some reason I thought I had tried that one, but I must have overlooked it.

#6 OFFLINE   ikmf2569

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

i have almost the same problem...

i rooted my phone on 5.5.886... and couldn't update to 5.5.893
so i unrooted my phone and still couldnt do it..

now im just stuck and trying to solve how to go to 893... than to 902 or 905 so i can put ICS on it...

I need help... can anyone help me? and if this 902 fxz works.. how would i do it?

#7 OFFLINE   ikmf2569

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

nvm! got it to work!! that 902 fxz worked and than updated right to 905 OTA!!

THANK ICE CREAM!!!

#8 OFFLINE   MaHong5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:sss
  • Device:asd

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:44 AM

hi

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image