Jump to content

Check us out:

- - - - -

How To Enable / Disable JIT (Just in Time) for Droid


16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   olta777

    Android Master

  • VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

**Thanks to Redflea**


Instructions
JIT (Just In Time)

JIT Enable:

abd pull /system/build.prop build.prop
Open in WordPad and add
Add as the last line:
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
SAVE

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtd/mtdblock4 /system
adb push dalvikvm /system/bin/
adb push libdvm.so /system/lib/
adb push libnativehelper.so /system/lib/
adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/dalvikvm
adb push build.prop /system/
adb shell reboot


JIT Disable:

Change:

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

To:

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast


The attached file is a mod by t3hSteve. :)

[ATTACH]146[/ATTACH]


Here is an update.zip file by P3Droid....


So, place on root of sd
Rename to update.zip
Go into SPrecovery
Install
Allow update.zip
Install update.zip
Reboot and enjoy!

http://www.mydroidwo...ed-updater.html

Attached Files


Edited by p3droid, 08 March 2010 - 06:58 PM.


> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel


Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

    MyDroidWorld.com



#2 OFFLINE   sshumaker79

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:motorola droid

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

I just tried this on Koush's latest ESE53 Cyanogenmod 1.0.2 ROM. Everything pushed fine and build.prop edited but forced into random reboot. any suggestions?

#3 OFFLINE   olta777

    Android Master

  • VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

JIT update.zip by P3Droid added ;)

Edited by p3droid, 08 March 2010 - 06:59 PM.


> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel


#4 OFFLINE   sshumaker79

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:motorola droid

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

olta777 said:

JIT update.zip by P3Droid added ;)

Has anyone been able to get this to work on koushs cyanogenmod 1.0.2? No luck for me.

#5 OFFLINE   Xander

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Device:Nexus One

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

sshumaker79 said:

Has anyone been able to get this to work on koushs cyanogenmod 1.0.2? No luck for me.

I could be mistaken but I believe Koush already has jit enabled on his ROMS

#6 OFFLINE   olta777

    Android Master

  • VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

Xander said:

I could be mistaken but I believe Koush already has jit enabled on his ROMS

Yes he sure does. ;)


> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel


#7 OFFLINE   Bots

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

No Koush does not enable JIT on his roms, He released one version with JIT enabled. He did supply some JIT files made specifically for his roms.He does not support JIT so if you are having problems with his rom and you are using JIT don't bother asking him for help. You can ask one of us in his IRC channel on freenode (#koush) and we'll be glad to help you out. These ffiles were made SPECIFICALLY for Koush's rom. I wouldn't try them on any other roms, you will probably get a bootloop. Here ya go:

Attached Files



#8 OFFLINE   olta777

    Android Master

  • VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

Bots said:

No Koush does not enable JIT on his roms, He released one version with JIT enabled. He did supply some JIT files made specifically for his roms.He does not support JIT so if you are having problems with his rom and you are using JIT don't bother asking him for help. You can ask one of us in his IRC channel on freenode (#koush) and we'll be glad to help you out. These ffiles were made SPECIFICALLY for Koush's rom. I wouldn't try them on any other roms, you will probably get a bootloop. Here ya go:

Thanks! You are right...I saw that one enabled, but then it was disabled in next version. :)


> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel


#9 OFFLINE   jlevy73

    Android Master

  • Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Device:Nexus One/Nexus S

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

Jit is broken and along with Koush, Cyanogen long removed that from his ROM's as well. The topic was recently revisited at another forum where someone try to stabilize it with no luck. I tried it on my Nexus One and will I was seeing MFLOPS of 20.5 (normal is around 7.7) my phone crashed about 10 times in an hour. It would be nice to have a stable version of JIT but it doesn't look like anything is being done to fix it.

#10 OFFLINE   olta777

    Android Master

  • VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

jlevy73 said:

Jit is broken and along with Koush, Cyanogen long removed that from his ROM's as well. The topic was recently revisited at another forum where someone try to stabilize it with no luck. I tried it on my Nexus One and will I was seeing MFLOPS of 20.5 (normal is around 7.7) my phone crashed about 10 times in an hour. It would be nice to have a stable version of JIT but it doesn't look like anything is being done to fix it.

I have had it acting weird on other ROMs as well...so I am real hesitant to try it again. My phone runs beautiful without it enabled. :)


> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel


#11 OFFLINE   NepperZ

    Droid

  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:39 AM

While it may suck care to explain what in the world it does/did?
Farts are funny.
Farts as a ringtone are even funnier.
Trying to pick up a chic as your phone is ringing....Priceless

#12 OFFLINE   jlevy73

    Android Master

  • Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Device:Nexus One/Nexus S

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

Basically JIT is like a massive turbo booster strapped to your phone. Ok that really wasn't such a good explanation but here is an article that goes into more detail:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!



#13 OFFLINE   NepperZ

    Droid

  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

jlevy73 said:

Basically JIT is like a massive turbo booster strapped to your phone. Ok that really wasn't such a good explanation but here is an article that goes into more detail:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!


Thank you! Now what is the benchmark they speak of in that article? or how do you check, see?
Farts are funny.
Farts as a ringtone are even funnier.
Trying to pick up a chic as your phone is ringing....Priceless

#14 OFFLINE   jlevy73

    Android Master

  • Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Device:Nexus One/Nexus S

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:23 AM

NepperZ said:

Thank you! Now what is the benchmark they speak of in that article? or how do you check, see?

The benchmark they are referring to is called Linpack (which is available in the market). Typical Linpack without JIT on the Nexus One is about 7, with JIT I was getting around 20.

#15 OFFLINE   NepperZ

    Droid

  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

jlevy73 said:

The benchmark they are referring to is called Linpack (which is available in the market). Typical Linpack without JIT on the Nexus One is about 7, with JIT I was getting around 20.

Thanks J.. I got a 7 on my droid(or if i read it right I did lol)
Farts are funny.
Farts as a ringtone are even funnier.
Trying to pick up a chic as your phone is ringing....Priceless

#16 OFFLINE   jlevy73

    Android Master

  • Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Device:Nexus One/Nexus S

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

NepperZ said:

Thanks J.. I got a 7 on my droid(or if i read it right I did lol)

Yeah Josh that sounds about right. Are you overclocking?

#17 OFFLINE   NepperZ

    Droid

  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:58 AM

jlevy73 said:

Yeah Josh that sounds about right. Are you overclocking?

yes. Ultimate Droid V9 running 800, I was running 900 but the cpu was getting around 110-113 idle
Farts are funny.
Farts as a ringtone are even funnier.
Trying to pick up a chic as your phone is ringing....Priceless





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users