This is based on the second version of Newt's Senseless 4.0.3 ROM at the very least, go hit the thanks button on XDA or use the link above.
Newtoroot - ROM base
Andybones - guide for decomiling ICS (more below)
Xtreme Outcast - Help with kernel and pointers
More in the MODs list
- Senseless (only htc apps required for the phone to work remain)
- Based on Android 4.0.3
- ROM Control (from AOKP)
- Enabled Navbar (tweakable via ROM Control)
- 5 Point ICS unlock (Ported from the Nexus by Me, Original work done by GatesJunior )
- Wake on Volume (thanks andybones)
- Softkey Backlight disabled (thanks freeza/Team Xposed/j4n87)
- full 360 degree rotation in apps that allow rotation
- nova launcher
- other small things...
- Blue Flicker - very Minimal
- SystemUI force close on first boot and after phone calls - is fixable need help from Newt (but he's very busy haha)
- navbar buttons - background is glitchy i think it has to do with the blue flicker and other visual glitches
- Work around = open different app and rotate the screen, then lock the screen, when it comes back up it'll be back to normal
- Settings force-close when opening about phone (not sure what's causing this)
- MMS will not send for me - work around is download gosms
- Face Unlock FC's Setting and will not work after that. I'm working on a fix.
- Post any issues you find and i'll be adding them to the Bug Report on post 3
- Download kernel - Credit to Xtreme Outcast
- Download ROM
- Place ROM and Kernel on SD Card
- Boot Into Recovery - if you have adb type: adb reboot recovery
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cashe and dalvik cashe
- flash the ROM
- ROM should boot up fine on any 4.0.3 kernel but to get full experience you will need to install the Kernel above
- Boot to Bootloader (Power + Vol Down) or ADB Reboot Bootloader
- It will install the Kernel from there and reboot the phone
- after reboot delete the PH98IMG.zip from your SD Card
- OR you can extract the boot.img from the kernel zip and install via fastboot
~Kanged Senseless v1 ROM
~MIRROR: ROM Thanks BBC!
~Kernel from Xtreme Outcast PH98IMG.zip
IF you would like to use a different ICS 4.0.3 kernel, they will most likely work fine, if you want the softkey lights disabled check out this thread
the kernel above from Xtreme has init.d support, so that script will run on boot to disable the lights, most of the other kernels do not have this functionality at this time so you will have to run the script through ADB shell or the Terminal Emulator app on every boot (i'm looking for a work around)
~Disable Navbar installable zip: LINK
**(wipe cashe and dalvik, flash in recovery)**
See Post 2 for more information about installing the Kernel, screen shots, and Changelog.
Hope you enjoy running it as much as i have enjoyed creating it. Still alot more i want to do and a lot more to learn.
xJacobx at JMS Designs
Edited by xjacobx, 01 March 2012 - 10:35 PM.