Check us out:

- - - - -

[ROM] Kanged Senseless ~ ICS 4.0.3 (Release 2/28/2012)

28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Twitter:xJacobSRx
  • Device:Rezound and Transformer

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

I have been working on some MODs for NewToRoot's Senseless ICS ROM (

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

). Since Newt hasn't been working on maintaining his ROM as he has moved on to an Endevour Port, i decided i would update the Google Apps, add in fixes we have found in the threads, and add in my MODs. This way i do not have to continue to port my mods to other ROMs and I will be able to keep the Idea of Senseless ICS for the Rezound alive.

This is based on the second version of Newt's Senseless 4.0.3 ROM at the very least, go hit the thanks button on XDA or use the link above.

Credits:
Newtoroot - ROM base
Andybones - guide for decomiling ICS (more below)
Xtreme Outcast - Help with kernel and pointers
More in the MODs list

Features
  • Senseless (only htc apps required for the phone to work remain)
  • Debloated
  • Based on Android 4.0.3
  • ROM Control (from AOKP)
  • Enabled Navbar (tweakable via ROM Control)
  • 5 Point ICS unlock (Ported from the Nexus by Me, Original work done by GatesJunior )
  • Wake on Volume (thanks andybones)
  • Softkey Backlight disabled (thanks freeza/Team Xposed/j4n87)
  • full 360 degree rotation in apps that allow rotation
  • nova launcher
  • other small things...
Issues
  • Blue Flicker - very Minimal
  • SystemUI force close on first boot and after phone calls - is fixable need help from Newt (but he's very busy haha)
  • navbar buttons - background is glitchy i think it has to do with the blue flicker and other visual glitches
  • Work around = open different app and rotate the screen, then lock the screen, when it comes back up it'll be back to normal
  • Settings force-close when opening about phone (not sure what's causing this)
  • MMS will not send for me - work around is download gosms
  • Face Unlock FC's Setting and will not work after that. I'm working on a fix.
  • Post any issues you find and i'll be adding them to the Bug Report on post 3
Install Instructions
  • Download kernel - Credit to Xtreme Outcast
  • Download ROM
  • Place ROM and Kernel on SD Card
  • Boot Into Recovery - if you have adb type: adb reboot recovery
  • wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cashe and dalvik cashe
  • flash the ROM
  • Reboot
  • ROM should boot up fine on any 4.0.3 kernel but to get full experience you will need to install the Kernel above
  • Boot to Bootloader (Power + Vol Down) or ADB Reboot Bootloader
  • It will install the Kernel from there and reboot the phone
  • after reboot delete the PH98IMG.zip from your SD Card
  • OR you can extract the boot.img from the kernel zip and install via fastboot
Downloads:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ROM
~Kanged Senseless v1

~MIRROR:

Thanks BBC!
Kernel
~Kernel from Xtreme Outcast

IF you would like to use a different ICS 4.0.3 kernel, they will most likely work fine, if you want the softkey lights disabled check out this thread

the kernel above from Xtreme has init.d support, so that script will run on boot to disable the lights, most of the other kernels do not have this functionality at this time so you will have to run the script through ADB shell or the Terminal Emulator app on every boot (i'm looking for a work around)
MODs
~Disable Navbar installable zip:

**(wipe cashe and dalvik, flash in recovery)**

See Post 2 for more information about installing the Kernel, screen shots, and Changelog.

Hope you enjoy running it as much as i have enjoyed creating it. Still alot more i want to do and a lot more to learn.

xJacobx at JMS Designs

Edited by xjacobx, 01 March 2012 - 10:35 PM.

Creator of BlueBread for the Droid X

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York

Screen Shots:

Attached File  KangedSenselessScreenCluster.jpg   983.75K   52 downloads

Changelog:

2-28-2012
-Initial Release

FAQ
How do i flash the Kernel?
With a Computer?
- Download the kernel and extract the boot.img
- boot phone in to fastboot (adb reboot fastboot)
-plug phone into computer
-open command line and cd to the extracted boot.img folder
-then type the following
fastboot flash boot boot.img
The phone flash the update and will prompt you to reboot, follow the directions on screen
Without a Computer?
- Place the PH98IMG.zip on your sdcard
- boot into the bootloader (power down phone and hold Power + Vol Down)
- it will automatically ask you if you want to install the update, press up for yes
when its done press up again to reboot
MAKE SURE TO REMOVE THE ZIP FROM YOUR SD AFTER WARDS TO SAVE HEADACHES LATER ON!

Edited by xjacobx, 28 February 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York

Reserved for Bug Report

#4 OFFLINE   Jeuriburr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:Jeuriburr
  • Device:htc Rezound

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

It looks great, glad to finally see some Rezound love. Thinking about flashing this when I get off work. Is there anyway to open up the beats audio to work with something other than the htc music player? That's really the only downfall of this handset. :T

#5 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

Jeuriburr, on 29 February 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

It looks great, glad to finally see some Rezound love. Thinking about flashing this when I get off work. Is there anyway to open up the beats audio to work with something other than the htc music player? That's really the only downfall of this handset. :T

I'm sure there is away considering they just ported it to a different phone. this ROM is meant to be senseless so no HTC specific apps unless they are needed. If you download an equalizer app in the market, you can get the same or better effect off beats. the power amp runs regardless for the headphones, you just wont get the equalizer effect

#6 OFFLINE   Jeuriburr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

xjacobx, on 29 February 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

I'm sure there is away considering they just ported it to a different phone. this ROM is meant to be senseless so no HTC specific apps unless they are needed. If you download an equalizer app in the market, you can get the same or better effect off beats. the power amp runs regardless for the headphones, you just wont get the equalizer effect

Yeahhh, I know. On my droid x I had before this phone I was using Power Amp player and absolutely loved it. I just like the beats audio enhancer cause it does make a noticeable difference in sound haha. And im all for senseless, never really been to huge a fan tbh.

#7 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

Jeuriburr, on 29 February 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Yeahhh, I know. On my droid x I had before this phone I was using Power Amp player and absolutely loved it. I just like the beats audio enhancer cause it does make a noticeable difference in sound haha. And im all for senseless, never really been to huge a fan tbh.

When i get some time after i get the main issue in the OP fixed, i'll see if i can get the enhancer working in the ROM :)

#8 OFFLINE   Jeuriburr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

xjacobx, on 29 February 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

When i get some time after i get the main issue in the OP fixed, i'll see if i can get the enhancer working in the ROM :)

I'll definitely be looking forward to it! Keep up the good work man c:

#9 OFFLINE   Zetsumei

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Is there an ability to disable the nav bar? Thanks.

#10 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Zetsumei, on 29 February 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Is there an ability to disable the nav bar? Thanks.

No I can make a zip to take turn it off for people that don't want it.

I'm going towards making like the nexus so that's why its enabled.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

#11 OFFLINE   Zetsumei

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

I do like the soft keys and all, but having them + the physical hardware keys is odd. The zip to remove them would be great! Thanks!

#12 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Zetsumei, on 01 March 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

I do like the soft keys and all, but having them + the physical hardware keys is odd. The zip to remove them would be great! Thanks!
Uploading the zip now, i'll post in the OP in like.... 10 min :)

#13 OFFLINE   Zetsumei

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

xjacobx, on 01 March 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Uploading the zip now, i'll post in the OP in like.... 10 min :)

Cool thanks! Appreciate it!

Edited by Zetsumei, 01 March 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

Is anyone still running this? i have been thinking about updating the included google apps and what not in a small update, but if no one is really following/running this then i wont bother.
i have been working on desensing the new newest ICS leak.. just haven't had time to get it up and running correctly.

#15 OFFLINE   scotty85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@scotty1223
  • Device:rezound/sensation/thunderbolt/inc1 2/eris/flyer

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

im not running it currently,but im certainly planning on it. i think alot of folks would enjoy your rom if you put it up on xda as well. nothing against your site,but i have limited time to check alot of sites,lol. i just dont make it over here to follow or post on your forum. but your hard work is certainly appreciated. (scotty1223 on xda)

you can link it to here,but consider putting a thread on xda that you can update the OP to let useres know of changes :)

#16 OFFLINE   Herithegreat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Rezound

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Great Rom, just waiting for update, keep up the good work

#17 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

scotty85, on 15 March 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

im not running it currently,but im certainly planning on it. i think alot of folks would enjoy your rom if you put it up on xda as well. nothing against your site,but i have limited time to check alot of sites,lol. i just dont make it over here to follow or post on your forum. but your hard work is certainly appreciated. (scotty1223 on xda)

you can link it to here,but consider putting a thread on xda that you can update the OP to let useres know of changes :)

Yes i know, i have been meaning to do it, but i haven't had time to put it up and i wanted to add an update in when i make the new thread as this is kinda a beta release for me. i'm working on desensing the newest leak (possible OTA) but it won't have all the features i have worked into this one at first, but this will be 100% my own work as i'm not basing it on anyone else's ROM (i know its technically Googles ROM but you get what i mean :P )
Thanks for the support guys, i'll try and work something up for you guys to flash soon!

#18 OFFLINE   scotty85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

awsome! looking fwd to it. i often "desense" my own roms with titanium,but thats alot of work,lol. its cool to have a nice,small footprint,desnesed htc framework rom until we get some real aosp :)

#19 OFFLINE   xjacobx

Android Pro

• Developer
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hey guys i worked on desensing the newest leak a bit tonight, was un-able to get it to boot. I'm still new to all of this, i'll work on it more this week. no one is noticing any issues (that aren't in the OP) with it right now tho? if there are some small tweaks i can do to the current version i will try to get that up so you guys can have an update haha. i'll try to have the new leak de-sensed and booting, might not have the tweaks and mods in yet, but this i think is the OTA so all the work should go into this build.
Thanks for all the support guys, it means alot!

#20 OFFLINE   scotty85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

what firmware are you choising to use for your new build? apparently the ics fimrware isnt compatible with the older roms,and several "fixes" have been made to the leaks to get them booting and working with the old firmware.it wouldnt surprise me if this is at least partially responsible for the occasional blue flickers. :eek:

i noticed that scrossler has went ahead and updated cleanrom ics to use the new firmware,you may want consider the same so your rom isnt "obsoltete" after the OTA finally hits bringing everyone up to speed with the newest firmware. i know alot of folks are nor sure about running the leak ruu in order to get the new firmware,but in the long run the hard work you put into it wont have to be redone to use the newer stuff when it happens.

just a thot :) thanks again for your continued rezound support!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users