Motorola Droid X 4.5.621
Things that you should know before you update to this release......
1] You will lose root.
2] The root exploit found in 596, 602, 605 has been patched.
3] This update and/or SBF is NOT PRE-ROOTED
4]YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SBF TO AN EARLIER VERSION AFTER YOU FLASH THIS UPDATE **YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**
Backup root using Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper
>The apk and directions can be found with a quick search using google.
>Use this app before you flash to backup your SU.
>Use this app after you flash to restore root.
Droid3 & Droid4 & Razor root methods will FAIL!! There may be others ways (I have not tested any) to obtain root if Rootkeeper fails.
*There is no reports of successful rooting of this update once applied*
>The update checks the integrity of /system on the device. If you deleted ANY Files then you may receive the above error.
This is a sample of what could cause a failed Flash
any changes to /system regardless of what they are
deodexed apk's and framework-res
modified bootanimation location
installed/removed apps to /system/app
modified the bootlogo.bin
-- This is not a complete list.........
30.04 - No Change/Same
SBF_Flash - (RSDLite was not tested)
sbf_flash - 4.5.621 PASS
sbf_flash - 4.5.602 FAIL
sbf_flash - 4.5.596 FAIL
sbf_flash - 2.3.340 FAIL
sbf_flash - 2.3.320 FAIL
The Phone will be unable to charge if plugged into a wall outlet or pc if you receive an error in the bootloader.
If you try to flash ANY SBF image below 621 you will encounter the following error on reboot;
OK to Program
***FLASH/UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK***
***MYSELF NOR MDW WILL BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU CHOOSE TO PROCEED***
- YOU MUST BE ON GINGERBREAD VERSION 4.5.605 (2.3.3) and have not altered your device as listed above (besides root and installing OTA rootkeeper).
- Download & Place both files (found at the bottom of the write up) on the root of your sdcard (if you do not know what this means then do not proceed!!)
- Reboot Your device.
- Let the device bootup as normal. wait about 5 minutes, you will be prompt that and update has been found on your sdcard.
- if step#4 does not occur then manually flash this in STOCK RECOVERY ONLY!!! But step #4 is HIGHLY ADVISED, so if you can just wait longer.
- if you must flash now, and you do not have the patience to wait the proceed to stock recover and flash (no wipes needed).
File 1: Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip
File 2: Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Version.en.US.crc
MDW (NOR MYSELF) DOES NOT OFFER SUPPORT FOR THIS UPDATE
Please post back successful flashes/updates & failed updates.
Happy flashing and goodluck
4.5.621 SBF is available for those that have bricked their devices by updating and/or trying to sbf to an earlier version.
Credit for the 621: infazzdar @ XDA
1KDS for hosting the file on his site.