root droidx problem urgent MIUI

11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tkddroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

hi, i recently flashed the MIUI rom for droid x, when i rebooted i didnt have my root access to restore my apps from a previous rom and everytime i reboot the rom wipes itself and i start the rom from scratch. im pretty much stuck on this rom and i cant reroot because the rebooting required erases the first processes taken. i really need help, and as soon as possible.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 ONLINE   maddog0331

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, Droid X2, Xoom Wifi

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Just go into the root app or super user can't remember and enable root access again.... And you will have root access again!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995 "

#3 OFFLINE   #27265

Android Pro

• Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Device:HTC Rezound

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Miui has a built in superuser app. You still have root, you just need to enabled it. No need to use the one from the market, they will conflict with each other.

There should be a settings folder on one of the homescreens, open it and find the Su app, enable it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

#4 OFFLINE   tkddroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

okay, but i did all that, i turned it on in settings but when i open titanium backup it says root access failed, and if i try to boot to clockwork mode then it just brings me back to the settings screen and its always checked on

#5 OFFLINE   tkddroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

Would it work if i find a signed update.zip for droid x and install update through the stock android recovery mode, would that bring me back to stock?

#6 ONLINE   stryker

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Posttkddroid, on 09 March 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

okay, but i did all that, i turned it on in settings but when i open titanium backup it says root access failed, and if i try to boot to clockwork mode then it just brings me back to the settings screen and its always checked on

Miui roms you have to open the super user app and turn root permissions on, its off by default. So just turn on super user permissions, uninstall titanium backup, and reinstall it. I do that all the time when i first flash a miui update. I will forget to turn super user permissions back on and install titanium and it will say it needs root permissions. You have to un install titanium, turn root permissions on, then re install titanium back up and the pro key. Done problem solved. If you installed all your apps that need root permissions before you enabled root permissions, you will have to uninstall and re install them all to fix it. Just the apps that need root access.

«=(.stryker.originals.miui.)=»

Edited by stryker, 10 March 2012 - 03:54 PM.

-*[.stryk3.apeX.]*-

#7 OFFLINE   tkddroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Poststryker, on 10 March 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

Miui roms you have to open the super user app and turn root permissions on, its off by default. So just turn on super user permissions, uninstall titanium backup, and reinstall it. I do that all the time when i first flash a miui update. I will forget to turn super user permissions back on and install titanium and it will say it needs root permissions. You have to un install titanium, turn root permissions on, then re install titanium back up and the pro key. Done problem solved. If you installed all your apps that need root permissions before you enabled root permissions, you will have to uninstall and re install them all to fix it. Just the apps that need root access.

I have done this, but it still hasent worked and im still convinced that i have fully lost root access and stuck on this rom that half works unless i can update.zip a stock droid x rom in the original android recovery

#8 OFFLINE   #27265

Android Pro

• Guests
  • 572 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Device:HTC Rezound

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Just SBF and start fresh.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using TT

#9 ONLINE   stryker

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

View Posttkddroid, on 10 March 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

I have done this, but it still hasent worked and im still convinced that i have fully lost root access and stuck on this rom that half works unless i can update.zip a stock droid x rom in the original android recovery

Download root checker from the market and check if you have root. But if it was me i would have all ready sbf'd and fixed my problems. By the time you Figure out what the problem is, you could if sbf'd and set your phone back up multiple times. Sbf and start fresh. I do it before every ROM i install. Make sure the md5 sum match too. If they don't you need to re download the file. And you are not stuck anywhere. learn to sbf if your are going to be flashing. I have done it so many times. I can sbf, re root, install a ROM, restore my apps in like 30 to 45 minutes. In that time includes restoring about 190 apps or so with titanium. So it doesn't take that long.

Edited by stryker, 10 March 2012 - 10:21 PM.

-*[.stryk3.apeX.]*-

#10 OFFLINE   tkddroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

Thank you so much, i kinda new to flashing roms and stuff and i remember watching a video about SBFing but i completly forgot about it!

#11 ONLINE   stryker

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Posttkddroid, on 11 March 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

Thank you so much, i kinda new to flashing roms and stuff and i remember watching a video about SBFing but i completly forgot about it!
Its not as hard to do as it may sound, its a couple extra steps that's all. Once u sbf one time you will be good. Plus you willl know that anything you mess up a sbf will fix it.

-*[.stryk3.apeX.]*-

#12 OFFLINE   Lucille89Hall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Glad to find this post!Thanks a lot for the info!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users