Check us out:

- - - - -

What's the best custom ROM for the Droid X?

22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tkddroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

In your opinion, what do you think the best custom ROM is and why?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   stryker

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

Miui. Has the most options for customizing your look and feel through the theme manger app. Its fast as hell, and its not motto blur lol. Plus its funner for me to theme. I can do more design wise with miui then i can theming a stockish ROM. and its as far away from stock ass you will get. I don't care about battery, if my phone needs charged i plug it in. I'm not into that let's see how many hours i can go on one charge game. If it needs charged plug it in. But yes miui imo is the best for the Droid x right now. That's my opinion though, and plus i build themes for it so i will always say miui lol. If you're into changing the look of your phone with themes then miui is a no brainer. The only ROM close in themes is cm7. personally miui themes destroy all others. I have a spot in my heart for apex too. That ROM is clean and fast. No bells and whistles, just performance and killer battery life. Each person will say a different ROM is there fav, it all depends on what you want in a ROM. There is no right answer to what one is the best. Imo, if its not stock its good. I actually don't like stock gb, wish miui was stock. people think its an ios clone, its not even close, it just doesn't have an app drawer. Ios has no launcher options what so ever, none. Its bunk as hell.

«=(.stryker.originals.miui.)=»

Edited by stryker, 12 March 2012 - 10:49 AM.

-*[.stryk3.apeX.]*-

#3 OFFLINE   searay27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

My favorite one that I am using is Simply Stunning 2.2.
Device - Droid X / ICS 4.0.3

#4 OFFLINE   tkddroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Postsearay27, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Nice, im also currently on SSX 2.2, ive tried MIUI but it nerver really worked out for me. I find SSX a just a tad laggy but i don't really mind all that much.

#5 OFFLINE   searay27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

If you set the scrolling and transition to 0, ther's no lag in it. My X flies. I also like a whole lot is Liquid Smooth 3.2.
Device - Droid X / ICS 4.0.3

#6 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC
  • Twitter:moosc
  • Device:DroidX on CM7, XOOM WITH HAMMERHEAD, DROID BIONIC ON STEROIDS 893..

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Can't stand miou I don't want my phone to b a iPhone clone. I'm running stock but looking at cm9. Just sucks there's a lack of support for it. I'd love if aokp could b on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

#7 ONLINE   maddog0331

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, Droid X2, Xoom Wifi

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

View Postmoosc, on 12 March 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

Can't stand miou I don't want my phone to b a iPhone clone. I'm running stock but looking at cm9. Just sucks there's a lack of support for it. I'd love if aokp could b on it.

You still have liquid, Chevy, liberty, CM7, cm9 alpha stage, steel droid, and last I heard rubix was supposed to be back as well!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995 "

#8 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts
  • Twitter:@NatttyBee
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

View Postsearay27, on 11 March 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Is Chevy still supporting his roms?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#9 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

What roms are available for the newest update.

#10 ONLINE   maddog0331

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostNattyBee, on 12 March 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

Is Chevy still supporting his roms?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Nope last I heard Chevy took a leave of absence from development... :(

"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.

#11 ONLINE   maddog0331

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

View Postmoosc, on 12 March 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

What roms are available for the newest update.

I haven't seen any roms out yet for the newest update!!!... I don't think that they have been able to root it yet...So I'll be awhile...Also you know that they're not that many developers still working on it....:(....I ended up selling my DX the other day with most of the accessories....

#12 OFFLINE   moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

What did u get for it

View Postmaddog0331, on 12 March 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

I haven't seen any roms out yet for the newest update!!!... I don't think that they have been able to root it yet...So I'll be awhile...Also you know that they're not that many developers still working on it........I ended up selling my DX the other day with most of the accessories....

#13 ONLINE   maddog0331

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

View Postmoosc, on 12 March 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

What did u get for it

$150.00....I would just rather someone else use it than me having too many toys and my wife yelling at me for not putting them down.. lol...

#14 OFFLINE   tkddroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

View Postsearay27, on 12 March 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

If you set the scrolling and transition to 0, ther's no lag in it. My X flies. I also like a whole lot is Liquid Smooth 3.2.
Where do you find the scrolling and transition to set it to 0, i havent found anything in the settings

#15 OFFLINE   snowboardwcu

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:snowboardwcu
  • Device:droid 1, droid X

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

i've been through just about every ROM for DX, none of them are perfect. most of them are just meh. seems not many are still on froyo builds, so i'll speak in terms of GB based roms...in my findings, liberty and ssx 2.2 are tops. stability, speed, customization and just general workings, i find the others dont compare. never been a fan of miui, always been a fan of chevy's work. ssx was just ok until 2.2, his changes increased battery life substantially. 2.2 still drains the battery pretty quickly, but you have more power to change things (like backlight screen, which almost doubled my life). only issue i run into is that ssx starts to S the bed after about a month. i re-flash every month and no problems.

interestingly, the cm9 alpha, ICS encounter, is rock solid. had very few problems with it, minus the known items that dont work (camera is a biggie). wish we were getting official ics from moto, but to be honest i dont care since we will never get unlocked.

i really disliked vortex, looks great at face value, but was immediately buggy upon install. forces closes on things like 'android.system' lol.

i would stick with ssx 2.2 imho. i'm ready to throw my DX out and never buy moto again. this phone has been plagued by bugs and moto takes months to even fix keyboard issues. its unacceptable, imho, that a company release SW in this state, let alone when you're trying to compete with the ipwn.

#16 OFFLINE   snowboardwcu

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

PS also found, on ssx 2.2, that increasing dalvik vm heap to 48m and scrolling events to something huge, like 150, works well. very snappy after that.

#17 OFFLINE   foosball

Droid

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

VorteX is a very good rom. And I have tried them all.

#18 OFFLINE   snowboardwcu

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

View Postfoosball, on 12 March 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

VorteX is a very good rom. And I have tried them all.
yeah i wouldn't take my word on my rating of vortex. ppl seem to like it, i'm betting my install was botched up some how. but its still moto sw based, and i clearly have issues w moto SW. hate hate hate.

#19 OFFLINE   ZeroOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCentral America
  • Device:Galaxy Nexus (Apex v1.0.2) Droid X SS DX 2.2

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

I like S.S. DX 2.2 update the best for my phone its the smoothest for my daily processes and MIUI ics is good i just like it to switch it up a bit now that then. I pick S.S. DX 2.2. the most, everything works wifi,camera,toggles and its the fastest speed,battery wise for my phone that is.

#20 OFFLINE   tkddroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

View Postsnowboardwcu, on 12 March 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

PS also found, on ssx 2.2, that increasing dalvik vm heap to 48m and scrolling events to something huge, like 150, works well. very snappy after that.
how would you increase the dalvik vm?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users