GSM SIM Unlock Rooting USA Domestic GSM Network

4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ojelola Ifasakin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid 2 Global

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Has anybody come up with a way to successfully (without bricking the phone) root a D2G (Mot A956) which is already at System Version 4.5.629 with Gingerbread Android OS?

Is rooting even necessary, since this version of the OS provides a way to set administrative user access?

Another question: Is there a way to get an already unlocked D2G to recognize USA domestic GSM networks?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   Knoweyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

#3 OFFLINE   Ojelola Ifasakin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostOjelola Ifasakin, on 11 June 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Another question: Is there a way to get an already unlocked D2G to recognize USA domestic GSM networks?

My phone is now SIM unlocked and rooted, with System Version 4.5.629 and Android Version 2.3.4 (Gingerbread). I am looking for a band unlock method that does not require downgrading or bricking my phone in the process. Does such a method exist yet?

#4 OFFLINE   Ojelola Ifasakin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostKnoweyes, on 03 August 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Thanks, Knoweyes:

I have read that blog already. The process seems outdated. Also, there is one point the author makes, that really does not sit well with me -

"Never update the firmware – that breaks the hack and you’ll need to do all this over again."

I am not at all enthusiastic about a modification that requires never updating the firmware. I understand the hack may have to be applied again. But it seems that would downgrade the firmware again. This does not seem like a truly viable option.

#5 OFFLINE   blackman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Device:galaxy ace

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

Hi,
You can unlock your D2G using unlock code.You can get the unlock code from the site

.By providing the information about your phone like the country and the network which is curently locked .By providing the information you will get the unlock code via mail,using the unlock code you can unlock your mobile and use it with any GSM network.

Edited by blackman, 12 April 2013 - 12:43 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users