I have windows 7 and this is the way I did it:
Run cmd command as an administrator
Type in "adb devices" to see if your device is being seen, if it's seen type exit, cmd window will close.
Now to the rooting process:
1. Unzip the file to your desktop
2. It will say Motorola Admiral Root
3. start cmd command and run it as administrator. Type "adb devices" in cmd window to make sure your phone is recognized. It should say list of devices, and your device should be listed. If is not listed than exit the cmd window and run it again.
4. Once your device is recognized navigate to the folder "Motorola Admiral Root" located on your desktop using the same cmd window: cd C:\Users\****\Desktop\Motorola Admiral Root\Motorola Admiral
5. Once you are there, type "run"
Wait for the magic to happen .Your phone will restart few times and it will be all set.
Since there is no ROM's available yet for XT603 download ROM Tool Box Lite and you will be able to play with the kernel and moving applications to you sd card.
Edited by mradujkovic, 21 June 2013 - 09:12 PM.