6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mradujkovic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:motorola xt603

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Thanks to ccrbrian from

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

I have finally rooted my MOTO XT603 Admiral by using this script from the zip file he posted

I have windows 7 and this is the way I did it:
Run cmd command as an administrator
Type in "adb devices" to see if your device is being seen, if it's seen type exit, cmd window will close.

Now to the rooting process:
1. Unzip the file to your desktop
2. It will say Motorola Admiral Root
3. start cmd command and run it as administrator. Type "adb devices" in cmd window to make sure your phone is recognized. It should say list of devices, and your device should be listed. If is not listed than exit the cmd window and run it again.
4. Once your device is recognized navigate to the folder "Motorola Admiral Root" located on your desktop using the same cmd window: cd C:\Users\****\Desktop\Motorola Admiral Root\Motorola Admiral
5. Once you are there, type "run"

Wait for the magic to happen .Your phone will restart few times and it will be all set.
Since there is no ROM's available yet for XT603 download ROM Tool Box Lite and you will be able to play with the kernel and moving applications to you sd card.

Enjoy!

Edited by mradujkovic, 21 June 2013 - 09:12 PM.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   plastyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Motorola Admiral

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Thanks a mil, I really appreciate all involved.

#3 OFFLINE   mradujkovic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:motorola xt603

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

View Postmradujkovic, on 14 June 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Thanks to ccrbrian from

I have finally rooted my MOTO XT603 Admiral by using this script from the zip file he posted

I have windows 7 and this is the way I did it:
Run cmd command as an administrator
Type in "adb devices" to see if your device is being seen, if it's seen type exit, cmd window will close.

Now to the rooting process:
1. Unzip the file to your desktop
2. It will say Motorola Admiral Root
3. start cmd command and run it as administrator
4. Navigate to the folder "Motorola Admiral Root" on your desktop using cmd window: Desktop\Motorola Admiral Root
5. Once you are there, type "run"

Wait for the magic to happen .Your phone will restart few times and it will be all set.
Since there is no ROM's available yet for XT603 download ROM Tool Box Lite and you will be able to play with the kernel and moving applications to you sd card.

Enjoy!
I have also searched online to see if there is a way to go into recovery like you would on any cynagenmod rom, but no luck. So I had tinkered with a Rom Manager and found out that you can flash a TWRP ( Team Win Recovery Project) and be able to do that.
Once you have rooted your phone you will be able to download Rom Manager. I am not sure whether you will be able to flash a recovery in a basic mode since I purchased a Rom Manager Premium Licence.

I wish someone with more expertise in programing would take time and create a rom that would work for this phone as it's a pretty fun phone with the ability of DC Connect.

#4 OFFLINE   Jeann1eary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Bra67ndi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:google
  • Device:google

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

Thanks a mil, I really appreciate all involved.Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   M68ose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Thanks a mil, I really appreciate all involved. Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   rcentros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Motorola Admiral

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

Thank you. I was just in the act of upgrading from an XPRT and this was one of the holdups. I couldn't go back to all the unwanted bloatware even for much better WiFi and keyboard. This worked like a charm. Again, thank you.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users