I have windows 7 and this is the way I did it:
Run cmd command as an administrator
Type in "adb devices" to see if your device is being seen, if it's seen type exit, cmd window will close.
Now to the rooting process:
1. Unzip the file to your desktop
2. It will say Motorola Admiral Root
3. start cmd command and run it as administrator
4. Navigate to the folder "Motorola Admiral Root" on your desktop using cmd window: Desktop\Motorola Admiral Root
5. Once you are there, type "run"
Wait for the magic to happen .Your phone will restart few times and it will be all set.
Since there is no ROM's available yet for XT603 download ROM Tool Box Lite and you will be able to play with the kernel and moving applications to you sd card.
Edited by mradujkovic, 15 June 2012 - 06:21 PM.