The following tutorial will guide you through how to convert DJI Mavic Pro 4K files to GoPro Studio friendly format for easy editing.
DJI is perhaps the current leader in the consumer drone market and with good reason. Among all the DJI consumer drones, the Mavic Pro has got to be our favorite. This cool, insectile looking little drone can stay aloft for more than 25 minutes, offer a flight range of several miles and comes with some excellent 4K shootings. However, there are some issues like crashing, unsupported file type when getting DJI Mavic Pro video to work in GoPro Studio, especially in 4K. So, how to import DJI Mavic Pro 4K video to GoPro Studio beautifully?
According to GoPro Studio official statement, GoPro Studio supports importing the following files in "Step 1: Import & Convert":
MP4 video files from the original HD Hero Original, HD Hero 2, HERO3, and HERO3+.
MOV video files from Canon and Nikon DSLRs (except in Windows 8).
JPG files from GoPro HD Hero, Hero 2 and Hero 3 cameras (.jpgs from other sources may work, but have not been tested nor are they officially supported).
And GoPro Studio supports importing the following file formats directly for editing in "Step 2: Edit": GoPro CineForm AVI or MOV files (MOV only on Mac). Audio formats: MP3, WAV, AIFF, M4A and CAF
While DJI Mavic Pro records:
MP4, MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
Video Recording Modes:
C4K: 4096 x 2160 24p
4K: 3840 x 2160 24/25/30p
2.7K: 2720 x 1530 24/25/30p
FHD: 1920 x1080 24/25/30/48/50/60/96p
HD: 1280 x720 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p
However, GoPro Studio supports not all kinds of MP4/MOV formats, like some 4K MP4/MOV files with unacceptable high bitrate/resolution or big size from Mavic Pro. To be able to work with Mavic Pro 4K video files in GoPro Studio flawlessly, we would recommend transcoding them to a format that is well compatible with GoPro Studio.
Solution 1: Use GoPro Studio
To use GoPro Studio, you need to import the files, either .MP4 or .MOV, into Studio and then convert them to .AVI files, this is the normal process for Studio. Once converted, they can be edited as easily as GoPro files. At the conclusion, you can export the edited cut to a number of formats, including files intended for YouTube, Facebook and such. If you try to cut the original files, you get that message saying they are unsupported.
Solution 2: Use s a powerful alternative tool to GoPro Studio
Dimo Video Converter for Ultimate/Videomate is just suitable to your needs, which is an all-in-one video converter, player and editor. Overall, the program is the best Video Converter for DJI 4K footage. With this DJI 4K video converter, you can effortlessly transcode DJI Mavic Pro 4k MP4/MOV to AVI/H.264 MP4, which will create an GoPro Studio friendly file format keeping the DJI original quality.
Besides GoPro Studio, this software can also export DNxHD for Avid MC, MPEG-2 for Sony Vegas, Premiere Pro/Element, WMV for Windows Movie Maker and more NLE systems for native editing, even MP4 for iPhone/iPad/VLC/Kodi/QuickTime for playback smoothly. What's more, this video app allows you to trim clips, crop videos, add effects, insert watermark, etc as GoPro Studio does. For Mac(OS Sierra) users, Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is the alternative choice. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate (Win/Mac):
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-co...ate.soft32.com/
- Findmysoft Download: http://dimo-video-co...findmysoft.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4downl...e/nsyrihrb.html
- Softpedia Download: http://www.softpedia...-Ultimate.shtml
- Raritysoft Download: http://dimo-video-co...oft.com/windows
- Windows8downloads Download: https://www.windows8...imate-fyqxbkug/
- Stahuj Download: http://www.stahuj.ce...erter-ultimate/
- OKD Download: http://www.owlkingdo...corders&det=550
- OKD Download: http://www.owlkingdo...corders&det=550
- HTML.it Download: http://download.html...erter-ultimate/
- Instaluj Download: http://www.instaluj....verter-ultimate
- Windows7download: http://www.windows7d...e/bpphgnww.html
How to Convert DJI Mavic Pro 4K H.264 MP4/MOV for Editing in GoPro Studio
Step 1: Install and run Dimo Video Converter Ultimate, and then click the "Add File" button to load the Mavic Pro 4k videos.
Step 2: Click "Select Format" bar and choose AVI or MP4 from "Format > Video" or "Format > HD Video" as output format on the drop-down menu.
Tip: Click the Settings icon to adjust video and audio parameters on the Profile Setting as you need to get the best quality video. To down-convert ultra HD 4K to 1080p, do remember adjusting video size to 1920*1080. That is the exact 1080p.
Step 3: Simply click the "Start" button to start converting and everything else will be automated. If you have added quite a bunch of video files, it would take some time to convert. You're done. Now your DJI Mavic Pro 4K H.264 MP4/MOV files will be converted into AVI/MP4 files ready to be imported to GoPro Studio perfectly.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate:
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Ways to Use MP4 in VirtualDub
- Convert MKV to LG TV for Watching
- Lossless to Rip DVD to USB Type C/3.1/ Flash Drive on Mac/PC
- Import XC15 4K MXF video in Premiere Pro on macos Sierra
- Can Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 import MTS recordings?-Solved!
- Import MTS recordings to Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 for Editing Easily
- Converting 4K video files to use in Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6
- Best Workflow for Editing MP4 in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13
- Enable Corel VideoStudio Pro Work with MTS files
- WLMP to AVI converter - Convert WLMP file to AVI easily