483 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   wjchisholm86

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

BBCrackman I saw your post about the Froyo being overclocked to 1.1Ghz when will this be available to all?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#42 OFFLINE   mnorris12706

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

whoops, tried a different kernel and got a boot loop. Can't boot into CLockwork either. (And yes, I re-flashed Clockwork after installing 2.2).

#43 OFFLINE   wjchisholm86

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

I know I am posting alot but I think others will have the same questions. Is there a way to mount your system read-write with the terminal emulator with 2.2? I want to remove trash apps like Facebook and amazon!

#44 OFFLINE   54lzy

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

So to clarify, is this rooted? If not can it be with additional files? Where would those be found?

#45 OFFLINE   spy890

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

54lzy said:

So to clarify, is this rooted? If not can it be with additional files? Where would those be found?

Yes it's rooted and includes Superuser App as stated in the first post.

#46 OFFLINE   pe7er

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

hey,
i just wanted to ask if there's any possibility to port this for milestone?! our bottloader seems to be hacked and we need a suitable rom. any chance someone could do this?

#47 OFFLINE   Bbpsword

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

The nandroid backup completely broke root for me....dammit

#48 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:27 AM

Bpsword, there is a root.update zip posted in the original post.

Posted Image
> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!

#49 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:28 AM

wjchisholm86 said:

I know I am posting alot but I think others will have the same questions. Is there a way to mount your system read-write with the terminal emulator with 2.2? I want to remove trash apps like Facebook and amazon!

Just download terminal emulator from the marketplace.

Posted Image
> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!

#50 OFFLINE   neverhavemoney

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hey everyone,
Kind of a noob here with rooting and ROMS and all that stuff, but i am a computer major, so i do know my terms and what not. I downloaded the update.zip from the first post and I tried to install it, but nothing happened, and it said that it failed because system verification failed on E:

Does anyone know why?
Thanks,
Ben

Edited by neverhavemoney, 05 June 2010 - 11:40 AM.

#51 OFFLINE   wjchisholm86

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

p3droid said:

Sorry my fault I worded that wrong. I have terminal emulator but for some reason it will not mount my system read-write. Is the process the same for 2.2?

#52 OFFLINE   jjimenez09

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:44 AM

this is ok. nothing overly special. and not having wifi surely effects the use of flash. because eventhough the browser is fast, videos and whatnot are going to play choppy. cant wait for the original kernel to be put onto this. going to play around with this for a day or two and then probably flash my backup back on and wait for wifi.

#53 OFFLINE   ManOnTheMoon

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

Is the kernel included with this download set to stock speeds or can it be set to something like 800mhz for example?

#54 OFFLINE   wjchisholm86

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

ManOnTheMoon said:

Is the kernel included with this download set to stock speeds or can it be set to something like 800mhz for example?

Download setcpu and you can set it to 800Mhz as of right now. Hopefully new kernals will be coming soon!

#55 OFFLINE   Tony

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

Ok, I don't know where any of the files are like the /sdcard/clockwork/backup folder or the nandroid, select restore, select the above folder and press the camera button. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

#56 OFFLINE   talkdj

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

Out of curiosity where are the settings for marketplace to do automatic downloads?

#57 OFFLINE   edaw104

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

djg08642 said:

What options do we choose once we select the backup in SPR? I just selected BOOT, DATA, and SYSTEM, and it got stuck at the boot screen with the creepy eye thing. Do we really have to wipe everything?

Yep same thing here I did a recover using the supplied image with sp recovery seemed to go ok untill it got stuck on the flooting eye then just kept rebooting. Hopefull someone smarter then me will find a solution. Thanks for the attempt thoug can't wait to put it on my phone

#58 OFFLINE   ncdub

Droid

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Twitter:@_eFuse_
  • Device:DROIDX DarkSlide v4 &amp; Moto DROID CM6

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

p3droid said:

I am getting a FC on terminal emulator. Now my market doesn't seem to love me either! D@MIT! Can't even get online and I have 4 bars! Please OH Please give me some WiFi goodness P3! :)

#59 OFFLINE   wjchisholm86

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:07 PM

Tony said:

Ok, I don't know where any of the files are like the /sdcard/clockwork/backup folder or the nandroid, select restore, select the above folder and press the camera button. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Root your phone first if not already. Download Rom Manager from the market and run it. On the main screen Click Flash clockwordmod recovery. After you flash the recovery you should download the appropriate file that you want to flash (in this case the 2.2) and make sure to extract the file. Connect your phone to your computer and there should be a clockworkmod folder inside that there is a backup folder this is where you want to place your extracted folder. After your file is in the directory run the rom manager again and click reboot into recovery option and your phone will restart. When your phone turns back on it will be on the clockworkmod recovery from there you should click the wipe data command using your volume toggle and then use the camera button to select it. When the wipe is complete select the nandroid option using your volume toggle and then use the camera button to select it, next click restore option then u should see your extracted file click on this and the file will begin to install. Hope this helps if you have anymore questions instead of chewing up this forum space you can email me at wjchisholm86@gmail.com.

#60 OFFLINE   ManOnTheMoon

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

Thanks! Just got done downloading all my apps and i set the cpu to 800mhz. Running real good now. it was very slow at first but once everything was done updating it picked up.
800mhz is perfect. I usually run this speed with all the other roms i try. Oh and the Flash Player seems to be working so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users