Check us out:

- - - - -

Droid Incredible ROOT - Driver install WIN 7 64 - TRY THIS if your having trouble.

25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   R1Lover

Android Master

• Members
  • 1,874 posts
  • Device:Thunderbolt

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:21 AM

I need someone who is running a win 7 64 bit to try this method of getting the drivers installed please. My machines are already setup and working, but I'm trying to help those of you still having trouble.

download and unzip

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

into your c:/windows/system32/drivers/ folder

download and unzip

into your c:/windows/system32/

download and unzip

into your adk/tools/ directory

Boot the device into recovery mode, and connect the device to your machine over USB.
  • Navigate to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Observe that the ADB device is listed as a USB Mass Storage Device.
  • Right-click USB Mass Storage Device and select Uninstall. Windows then prompts you with a "New Hardware Found Wizard" message. If Windows doesn't prompt you, you can manually re-detect devices by selecting Action > Scan for hardware changes.
  • Install the USB driver included in usb-drivers.zip that you put into your adk/tools directory.

Restart your machine and then put the phone into recovery mode and see if it's working.

There should be a device at the top of device manager called Android USB Device, under it (expand tree) there should be HTC Bootloader

See the screen shots for more info.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by R1Lover, 13 June 2010 - 12:00 PM.

Forum/Server Guru & Extreme Hosting Provider
Exactservers | Sutter Solutions LLC

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   dmchenry35

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:incredible

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

Im the man for your job!

Win 7 x64

I see your a mod, if you want you can e-mail me instructions to my registered email address, or send PM.

#3 OFFLINE   R1Lover

Android Master

• Members
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:58 AM

I just posted them.... please let me know if this works...... :)

#4 OFFLINE   imandroid

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 823 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus, OG Droid, Galaxy Tab, Palm Pre+, i4s VZW,

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

will this work on a win 7 pro 32 ?? please say yes

#5 OFFLINE   R1Lover

Android Master

• Members
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

Give it a try.... they are 32 bit drivers so it should....

#6 OFFLINE   shamus

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

Hey I found this post from DroidForums.
I tried this method and I'm going to paste my findings from the thread over there....

I'm trying this tip right now. So far, no luck.
What I'm noticing is that I have the ADB Interface>HTC Bootloader listed in my decive manager upon boot (main recovery menu, just after volume down/power).
Then as soon as I hit bootloader, in device manager, the ADB goes away and I get a 'Android 1.0' listed under 'Other Devices' which does not have a driver.
Then I click down/hit power to get into 'recovery' and my Device Manger lists nothing.

Windows7 64bit

Going to try to loop.bat method now.

Loop.bat method did the same thing. It seems like once I enter recovery my phone loses all communication with my laptop.

#7 OFFLINE   ineff

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Device:droid/ droid inc

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

I'm a bit confused, what do i need to do if i don't see HTC Bootloader?

#8 OFFLINE   Randytho

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Incredible

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Ok R1Lover I did as you said and I get this when I try to install the driver I downloaded from you and put in sdk/tools folder "the folder you specified does not contain a driver for your device. If it does contain a driver make sure it is designed to work with windows 64 bit based systems". In other words it won't let me use the 32 bit driver.

Randy T.

#9 OFFLINE   R1Lover

Android Master

• Members
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

@ Randy - I pulled those files from my 64 bit machine... so I'm not sure what's up...

@ Shamus - Are you using the fastboot method? where you hold down the optical button in the bottom middle of the phone in order to get to recovery?

You also have to follow the instructions on my other how too thread in order to try this. When your in recovery and after you have tried to install the update.zip.... then this should work (I'm hoping)

#10 OFFLINE   Randytho

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Incredible

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

R1Lover said:

@ Randy - I pulled those files from my 64 bit machine... so I'm not sure what's up...

@ Shamus - Are you using the fastboot method? where you hold down the optical button in the bottom middle of the phone in order to get to recovery?

You also have to follow the instructions on my other how too thread in order to try this. When your in recovery and after you have tried to install the update.zip.... then this should work (I'm hoping)

Very odd that those drivers work on some 64 bit and not others....once again MS bites us in the butt ;) Thanks for giving it a try for us though!

Randy T.

#11 OFFLINE   shamus

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

R1Lover said:

The recovery method I'm using is the one on the 'How to root in 10 minutes video'.
Optical button+power/power button for fastboot/wait until it errors out/recovery.

#12 OFFLINE   R1Lover

Android Master

• Members
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

ya that's the one...

try this maybe?

1. Load up the fastboot menu by holding down power and the optical trackpad.
2. Plug in the USB cable
3. Press power again to select fastboot.
4. Click the SD card out, highlight recovery, and then press power to select recovery.
5. As the first white HTC screen is loading, you will hear a "detach" sound if you are on a windows computer. Immediately click the SD card in at this time.
6. Try to get into shell.
7. If you did not get into recovery, reboot into the OS by holding down power and volume up and clicking power again. Do a battery pull and repeat steps 1-6.

#13 OFFLINE   dmchenry35

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Can you double check to ensure the correct drivers are in the zips.

I've followed the instructions to the T on 2 different computers, each time I get "Android Bootloader Interface" and not "HTC Bootloader"

Also when viewing driver details, I don't get the same details as you. I have 3 listed, and the file info from your screenshots don't match up to what I'm getting.

#14 OFFLINE   R1Lover

Android Master

• Members
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

Is it using the files I attached for the driver? if not manually assign them and see if it changes to HTC bootloader?

#15 OFFLINE   R1Lover

Android Master

• Members
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

p.s. they are the correct files as you can see the names of them in my screen shot...

#16 OFFLINE   dmchenry35

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

I think I've almost got it. I've deleted every trace of HTC stuff from my PC and am starting from scratch.

Now after I load into boot loader, I get the "Android 1.0" unknown device showing up. Any clue how to fix that one, I probably over looked it >.<

#17 OFFLINE   R1Lover

Android Master

• Members
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

That is correct and normal.... once you follow the next steps though... (going into recovery) (trying to install the update.zip that will fail) then you shoudl see android 1.0 go away and android USB device > HTC bootloader show up at the very top.. at least I do when I keep device manager open and watch it through the whole process.

A driver for android 1.0 is not needed or installed in my system either.

#18 OFFLINE   dmchenry35

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

Mine went away, but switched to Mass Storage Device and for the life of me I can't get it out of that.

I'm gonna try a new mini-SD card tomorrow or tonight for it and see what happens.

#19 OFFLINE   R1Lover

Android Master

• Members
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

ok, when it changes to a mass storage device.... Update that driver manually.... and point to the USD driver folder in your sdk/tools... the one I have in the third download.

#20 OFFLINE   dmchenry35

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

R1Lover said:

ok, when it changes to a mass storage device.... Update that driver manually.... and point to the USD driver folder in your sdk/tools... the one I have in the third download.

Any tips on how to accomplish this.

Apparently I'm not as computer savy as I thought I was, and I can't get it to load the driver no matter what I try.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users