How to Watch DVD in Google Cardboard via iPhone/Android
This tutorial guides you through how to rip DVD to Google Cardboard supported SBS MP4 so you can watch DVD in VR player with portable devices.
Google Cardboard, another excellent virtual reality headset followed with Samsung Gear VR, Zeiss VR One, has gained widespread reputations amongest 3D lovers, not only because of its lower price, but also its powerful compatibility with nearly any smartphones including Android and iPhone. If you happen to have a bunch of DVD collections at home, it's a pity for you can not get them on your Andorid/iOS devices through Google Cardboard with 3D Effects. In this article, I'll glad to share some useful tips to help you move your DVD medias into Google Cardboard for viewing freely on your smartphone.
As a matter of fact, Google Cardboard lacks ability to play DVD movies but it can play Side-by-Side MP4 videos. So in order to watch DVD in Google Cardboard, firstly you'll rip and convert DVDs to SBS MP4 videos. To do this, you can use Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac. With it, you can convert 2D DVD as well as 2D/3D Blu-ray to Google Cardboard supported side-by-side video files with lossless quality. In addition, it offers other 3D videos as MKV Top-bottom 3D video, MP4 top-bottom 3D video, MKV side-by-side 3D video, which can play on Gear VR, VR One, Oculus Rift DK2, PS VR, Google DayDream View etc. perfectly.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Mac Download Windows Download
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet...4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-co...mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4downl...c/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarch...te-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetrans...t.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes...oad-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directory...timate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.n...te_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz....te_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.file...h.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedow...-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownloa...te-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire....-for_46665.html
Ripping DVD for viewing in Google Cardboard is simple as ABC. After downloading, follow the wizard to install and run the program. Then follow the steps below to convert DVD to MP4/MKV SBS video. The below guide takes DVD Ripper for Windows (macos Sierra compatible) screenshots for example. If you're using a Windows PC, simply turn to Dimo Video Converter Ultimate, which has the same function as the Mac version. Keep in mind that you have download the rght version, Mac OS .dmg files cannot be installed on Windows platform – and vice versa.
Simple Steps to Rip DVD for watching on Google Cardboard
a: Load DVD movies
Insert your DVD disc into your DVD-ROM, run Dimo DVD to VR video converter and click "Add DVD" icon to load DVD movies.
b: Choose output format
Click the format bar to follow "Format > Video" and choose the MP4 or MOV format which can fit your Google Cardboard or mobile phone perfectly.
Tip: If you like, you can click "Settings" which is next to "Format", free change your target video size, bitrate, frame rate and 3D depth. If you want to get best video quality, pls switch them to "original".
c: Select 3D effects
Click on "Edit" > 3D and choose 3D effect (Red-Blue, Left-Right, Top-Bottom three modes) from the option. Here "Left-Right" can be set to get a side-by-side video. You are able to get immediate preview of 3D effect within the built-in player.
d: Start DVD ripping
Click the "Start" button, and the DVD ripper will start the conversion from DVD movies to 3D SBS video for Google Cardboard. After conversion, open output file destination, locate the created SBS 3D MP4 video and you could view the ripped DVD movies in Google Cardboard via iPhone/Android as you want. You can adjust your phone left or right in your Cardboard holder to help to maximize the 3D depth as well as focus the viewing area as closely to the center of the screen as possible.
Note: You'll have to download the compatible iOS or Android VR player apps that are capable of projecting stereoscopic content. Learn more and get your own Cardboard viewer at http://g.co/cardboard.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 Macs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
8K Player (Mac/Win)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Playing Blu Ray with Kodi
- Convert 3D Blu-ray With VR ONE(Plus)
- Rip 3D Blu-ray to view on Google Cardboard
- Add Bluray Movies to Kodi (XBMC) Movie?
- Experience Blu-ray on your iPhone with Google Cardboard
- Guide to save MKVCinemas downloaded MKV Movies into MP4
- Downsize Yuneec Typhoon H 4K to 1080p for working
- Rip Blu-Ray in Windows 10 with Blu-ray Ripper for Windows 10
- How to rip or transfer Blu-Ray to Windows 10 PC or Mac
- Rip Video From a Blu-Ray on Windows 10 for Playback