Check us out:

- - - - -

Check this out... HTC Incredible to be discontinued?

45 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

Posted Image

Well, if it's true...it's really a bummer...why would VZW do that? Have HTC make a device, then call it closeout? That's not good...Can anyone clarify this?

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   imandroid

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 823 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus, OG Droid, Galaxy Tab, Palm Pre+, i4s VZW,

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

Wow unreal guess the nexus 1 might just come to vzw after all???

#3 OFFLINE   d_1000

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Device:Incredible...rooted!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

Mine is on back order.... Could it be the Droid X?

#4 OFFLINE   AltonAndroid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Device:HTC Incredible &amp; HTC Evo &amp; HTC TP2

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

I dunno....it could be a lot of things and i dont think that they would be so quick to cut their investment into this Device.....
I think that honestly it is more than likely name change....from HTC Incredible to Droid Incredible.....
And I doubt that we will ever see a CDMA nexus one....not with the new droids coming to Verizon this summer...
My 2 Cents...lol

#5 OFFLINE   rsmiff

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

There are some pretty major hardware delays. Maybe there's a contract loophole where they can drop it for manufacturer performance issues? Regardless the devices coming out soon are exciting!

#6 OFFLINE   AltonAndroid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

rsmiff said:

There are some pretty major hardware delays. Maybe there's a contract loophole where they can drop it for manufacturer performance issues? Regardless the devices coming out soon are exciting!

Very True.
I am such a diehard HTC guy though....and even if they were to discontinue the Incredible, I would still be happy i have it :)

#7 OFFLINE   MiXoLoGiSt

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Device:HTC Incredible

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

rsmiff said:

Yeah but them dropping the phone is pretty much saying "Screw You" to all of us who bought it unless they offer us a free Droid X or something.

#8 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

MiXoLoGiSt said:

Yeah but them dropping the phone is pretty much saying "Screw You" to all of us who bought it unless they offer us a free Droid X or something.

Knowing VZW, they will deny everything, even when it happens. :(

"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

#9 OFFLINE   AltonAndroid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

olta777 said:

Knowing VZW, they will deny everything, even when it happens. :(

LOL...still its better than AT&T :)
And seriously though, it makes no sense for them to discontinue it.
They are having Stocking issues, that's all.
They wouldn't blow advertising money and the investment they already have to then just cancel it all out, makes 0 business sense.
Plus HTC has already stated that 2.2 Froyo will be coming to the Incredible, and they wouldn't do that if they were just scraping the device.

#10 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

AltonAndroid said:

LOL...still its better than AT&T :)
And seriously though, it makes no sense for them to discontinue it.
They are having Stocking issues, that's all.
They wouldn't blow advertising money and the investment they already have to then just cancel it all out, makes 0 business sense.
Plus HTC has already stated that 2.2 Froyo will be coming to the Incredible, and they wouldn't do that if they were just scraping the device.

I agree...it could be looked at from a few perspectives...ie, VZW did spend money on advertising, but they spend more on Motorola products....at same time, I think they may just keep the Incredible stock they have and/or what they will get and leave it at that??? I am not sure what they are planning....they sure won't tell us the truth. It could have been HTC that dropped the ball on this one big time. :)

#11 OFFLINE   AltonAndroid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

olta777 said:

I agree...it could be looked at from a few perspectives...ie, VZW did spend money on advertising, but they spend more on Motorola products....at same time, I think they may just keep the Incredible stock they have and/or what they will get and leave it at that??? I am not sure what they are planning....they sure won't tell us the truth. It could have been HTC that dropped the ball on this one big time. :)

All very true.....guess we will all just wait and see :)

#12 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:38 PM

AltonAndroid said:

All very true.....guess we will all just wait and see :)

...and I wish I had more info...so the wait could be a little better...lol...I am just really impatient. :D

#13 OFFLINE   jlevy73

Android Master

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Device:Nexus One/Nexus S

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

Wow that would be pretty surprising even for VZW. Last I heard sales numbers were excellent so it wouldn't make much sense. But for all of us ex-Blackberry users think back to the Tour, so I guess with VZW anything is possible

#14 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe it's just a typo and is really supposed to be the Droid? The Incredible has been around for only a couple months. The original Droid has been around for almost 8 months. Not a very long time, but still much longer than the Incredible. Bottom line is I'll believe it when I see it. What I'm curious about is if the phone IS dropped, would it become a hot commodity and skyrocket in price for 2nd hand Incredibles or would they drop in price.

#15 OFFLINE   DA6

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Device:Incredible

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

agreenbhm said:

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe it's just a typo and is really supposed to be the Droid? The Incredible has been around for only a couple months. The original Droid has been around for almost 8 months. Not a very long time, but still much longer than the Incredible. Bottom line is I'll believe it when I see it. What I'm curious about is if the phone IS dropped, would it become a hot commodity and skyrocket in price for 2nd hand Incredibles or would they drop in price.

Bingo. Thats what I was also thinking. ;)

#16 OFFLINE   AltonAndroid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

DA6 said:

Bingo. Thats what I was also thinking. ;)

Yeah its not the Incredible...shouldn't worry anyone at all.

#17 OFFLINE   andr0id

Droid

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Device:HTC Incredible. Motorola Droid. Motorola Droid 2. Motorola Droid X.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

I remember when there was the same info going around about the Droid Eris. A supposed leaked internal document showing the Eris being cut in may. I talked to VZW who said it was false. Who knows tho. I'm just saying 1) It's easy to fake these documents and 2) It's even easier to misinterpret them if you aren't a VZW insider. We don't really know what the language they use actually means. Or that could just be from one specific store, etc. I sure don't wanna see the Incredible go, I love mine! Corporate America does some pretty strange stuff sometimes, however.

#18 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

andr0id said:

I remember when there was the same info going around about the Droid Eris. A supposed leaked internal document showing the Eris being cut in may. I talked to VZW who said it was false. Who knows tho. I'm just saying 1) It's easy to fake these documents and 2) It's even easier to misinterpret them if you aren't a VZW insider. We don't really know what the language they use actually means. Or that could just be from one specific store, etc. I sure don't wanna see the Incredible go, I love mine! Corporate America does some pretty strange stuff sometimes, however.

Yeah, but Eris will be discontinued...just slowly...it is still being supported... Eh, I don't know anymore with VZW. :rofl

#19 OFFLINE   10roller

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

or maybe moto building rep with verizon... getting ready for droid x... and possibly the 2G chipped phone later this year

#20 OFFLINE   Rellims

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

So this really throws a wrench into my plans. Just yesterday I got my upgrade date moved to July 1st and was planning on ditching my S2 and going Incredible but I don't want to waist an upgrade on yesterdays device. My wife has one and I know I like the device but I would not want to be stuck with something like the tour users got done to them.

What do you think, go Incredible as soon as I can to get away from my berry or wait till the next devices come out?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users