Jump to content

Check us out:

- - - - -

Themes on the way! Success in pushing Framework-res.apk!


10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DRUKAN

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Device:Droid Incredible

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

Just a heads up, Now that we have NAND, and backups are all the rage!! I took the plunge and pushed a modded Framework-res.apk.... Success... all i did was change the battery icon pngs, but its just a start. With this i will be attempting my FULLY themed framework next. If all goes well Ill post them for all who wish to utilize it.
Attached is a drocap showing the Blue battery meter!! [IMG][URL=http://img696.imageshack.us/i/cap201006231801.jpg/][IMG]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/513/cap201006231801.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Uploaded with

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

[/IMG]

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

    MyDroidWorld.com



#2 OFFLINE   olta777

    Android Master

  • VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

That is so nice!!! Thanks DRUKAN!!! Can't wait to see your work. :)


> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel


#3 OFFLINE   AltonAndroid

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Device:HTC Incredible &amp; HTC Evo &amp; HTC TP2

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

Yep :) Things can get started now!

#4 OFFLINE   olta777

    Android Master

  • VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

Actually, I forgot...WHERE IS MY FROYO? :rofl


> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel


#5 OFFLINE   SerialKilla

    Droid

  • Members
  • 218 posts
  • Device:ThunderNut!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

Yes! The Froyo! lol... Awesome work Drukan! I'll take a nice Red and Black fully themed framework-res please! Lol

DAMN! 107 degrees?!?!? Where is Queen Creek? LOL...

Edited by SerialKilla, 24 June 2010 - 08:11 PM.


#6 OFFLINE   R1Lover

    Android Master

  • Members
  • 1,874 posts
  • Device:Thunderbolt

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

Can you tell us how you pushed the framework? did you have to go through the root process again?

Because I can't get mine to stick after a reboot.

Forum/Server Guru & Extreme Hosting Provider
Exactservers | Sutter Solutions LLC


#7 OFFLINE   DRUKAN

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Device:Droid Incredible

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

SerialKilla said:

Yes! The Froyo! lol... Awesome work Drukan! I'll take a nice Red and Black fully themed framework-res please! Lol

DAMN! 107 degrees?!?!? Where is Queen Creek? LOL...

HAH QC.. most south eastern part of Metro PHOENIX AZ!!! and i Love the heat!!!

But, you sir are in luck... i will be making one BLUE... and one RED... The red one will take some extra time though. I havta RE-draw9patch all the .9.png files A SECOND time. And im barely half way through the Blue ones.. Its VERY time consuming!

#8 OFFLINE   DRUKAN

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Device:Droid Incredible

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

R1Lover said:

Can you tell us how you pushed the framework? did you have to go through the root process again?

Because I can't get mine to stick after a reboot.

FYI, you may also want to pull /system/framework/com.htc.resources.apk
That apk has ALOT of the common pngs in it.. Unlike vanilla Android, HTC adds thier own twist to everything. That file holds the signal status bars, the 3g/1x icons and a few other things.

Instructions to Push these files to your phone:(must have root and new recovery)
Reboot recovery
Mount /system (under partitions menu)
open CMD Promt (ensure your in SDK tools folder if you dont have adb in PATH)
Type: adb push X:\framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
(replace "x:\" with file path. ie c:\android)
Unmount /system (in partitions menu)
power button (return to main menu)
Reboot phone

#9 OFFLINE   R1Lover

    Android Master

  • Members
  • 1,874 posts
  • Device:Thunderbolt

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:00 PM

hmmm strange... that's what I was doing... but I just started with the battery as you did... didn't take. I didn't do the htc file though? did you just push the framework-res for the battery only?

thanks in advance.

Forum/Server Guru & Extreme Hosting Provider
Exactservers | Sutter Solutions LLC


#10 OFFLINE   SerialKilla

    Droid

  • Members
  • 218 posts
  • Device:ThunderNut!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

DRUKAN said:

HAH QC.. most south eastern part of Metro PHOENIX AZ!!! and i Love the heat!!!

But, you sir are in luck... i will be making one BLUE... and one RED... The red one will take some extra time though. I havta RE-draw9patch all the .9.png files A SECOND time. And im barely half way through the Blue ones.. Its VERY time consuming!

HAHA! I don't mind the heat,but 107 - I'll pass! lol... Awesome news with the themes,and if ya throw up a donate button for the red theme,for all your hard work and time, I will gladly send you some appreciation!

#11 OFFLINE   DRUKAN

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Device:Droid Incredible

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

SerialKilla said:

HAHA! I don't mind the heat,but 107 - I'll pass! lol... Awesome news with the themes,and if ya throw up a donate button for the red theme,for all your hard work and time, I will gladly send you some appreciation!

I doubt ill bother with a donate button, i made the blue FOR ME... recent info helped me figure out that all the .9.pngs can be HUED after the draw9 patch. So i just havta push em through eclipse( which takes a whole 2 min) So the RED version will be just a by-product i guess. Not really a whole lot more to it than the work i did on my blue version.

FYI, Ill be posting the FULLY themed 'Framework-res.apk' tnite, aswell as a mostly themed 'com.htc.resources.apk' (havent edited the .9.pngs for either color yet)





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users