169 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

AGreen BHM's Droid RootKit v0.8.2

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Join #mydroidworld on the FreeNode IRC network for instant support!

*In Vista/7, the DRK MUST be RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR!!! (you should automatically be prompted for elevation)*

If this helped you, please

. I'm trying to get enough to buy a Droid X or a Droid 2 so I can continue to make DRKs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Change Log

v0.8.2
Fixed bug preventing shortcuts from being created.

v0.8.1
Added instructions to SBF flashing process to clarify procedure.

v0.8.0
Added options to create backup, restore backup, install update file, install ROM, wipe data & cache before installing ROM

v0.7.1

Added missing ADB DLL files. Without them users are unable to run ADB.

v0.7
Bug fixes.
Added boot animation updater.
Changed recovery mode from SPRecovery to ClockWorkMod 2.0.1.3.

v0.6
Added option to install ADB icon on desktop.

v0.5
Initial release.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is the Droid RootKit?

The goal of the RootKit was to be a simple tool that would allow n00bs (and pros alike) to easily perform a number of common tasks on their Droid phone. The terms "drivers" and "flashing" might be totally foreign for some people. The goal of this tool is to take the learning curve away from rooting and customizing the Moto Droid.

The application will install the RSDLite and ADB drivers on the users' PC for them. Also, it consolidates all of the needed files into this one application. No longer does a n00b need to scour the internet looking for the SBF file, the root update.zip file, baseband, etc. They're all included in the package.

The only requirement this program has is that you know if you're running a 32bit or 64 bit PC. Once you know that, you're good to go.

Usage: Copy the droidrootkit folder from the .zip file to the root of your C: drive. Then right-click the RootKit.bat file within the droidrootkit folder and select "Run As Administrator" if you're on Vista/7, or just double-click it if you're using XP.

If your phone is totally stock (running 2.1) start with step 1 and work your way down. If you're running 2.0.1 (or 2.0) skip steps 1 and 2.

Currently, the included features are:

1. Install RSDLite Drivers.
2. Flash 2.0.1 SBF file
3. Install ADB drivers
4. Root your phone
5. Install custom recovery mode
6. Update to latest baseband
7. Install ADB icon on desktop (icon to open command prompt in ADB directory)
8. Install custom boot animation (user provides file)
9 . Install Update/Patch file (user provides file)
10. Backup Phone to SD Card
11. Restore Phone from Backup
12. Install ROM

As always, please proceed with caution when flashing SBF files. Other than that, it's pretty hard to screw up your phone. Everything that can be automated is. Steps that require user intervention have easy step by step instructions.

Please give it a go if you need to root your phone or if you have some time and want to test and provide feedback.

Thanks,

AGreen BHM
(Drew)

Edited by agreenbhm, 23 July 2010 - 12:31 PM.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

I'm making great progress so far!

As of now, my RootKit will install the RSD drivers, flash SBF to 2.0.1, install ADB drivers, copy root update.zip to the SD card, reboot into recovery, and guide the user through installing the root patch. Next up, installing a custom recovery image. I've test every step on my phone, and it's working great! However, I have only tested using an x64 Windows 7 machine. I'll need help from others testing it in different scenarios. More to come!

#3 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

Ok, I've finished what I'm calling v0.5 of my Droid RootKit. It works perfectly on my Droid using my Windows 7 x64 machine. I hope others will test it in different setups (especially on x86 machines). It's uploading to a mirror as we speak.

#4 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

Ok, v0.5 of the RootKit has been uploaded and is available in the OP. Here's a link as well:

#5 OFFLINE   carpenter_22

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Device:droid

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

if i get a chance this weekend i will give your kit a try i just got my replacement phone and was going to root it again.

#6 OFFLINE   johndoe3344

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

If I take a brand new phone, and follow your guide step by step, what exactly is the end result?

#7 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

johndoe3344 said:

If I take a brand new phone, and follow your guide step by step, what exactly is the end result?

The end result will be a phone running Android 2.0.1, rooted, with a custom recovery mode and an upgraded baseband (radio) file (which will improve reception). From there, you can install any custom ROM you want. You will also have the ADB drivers installed on your machine so you can install applications on your phone from the command line and copy files to and from your phone.

Each one of the steps is independent (although some assume you've completed other steps). What I mean is it isn't one long thing that you press enter and it does everything. You choose what you want to do. If you have a phone you need to return to the store, you can run steps 1 and 2 (or only step 2, if you've previously run step 1), and it will turn your phone back to completely stock, allowing the phone to be undetected that it was ever rooted. If you just want to update your baseband file, you can run option 6. There's lots of possibilities and this is a work in progress, so it will be getting even better soon.

#8 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

Wow, this is awesome!!!! Should help out greatly with people struggling with RSD...ok...bookmarked and added to support thread. ;)

> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

#9 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

Ok, I've made some modifications to the RootKit. For starters, I changed the language referring to the drivers (I realized that x86 and x64 might be confusing to n00bs. I changed that to "32-bit and 64-bit"). Also, I added an 7th menu option, which will set up an icon on the users desktop that when clicked will open a command prompt in the ADB directory, allowing ADB to be used without having to install the SDK separately or without CD'ing to the file. I'm uploading the new RootKit right now. This will be v0.6.

#10 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

Ok, links to v0.6 have been posted. The ReadMe file states that it is version 0.5, but that's only b/c I forgot to update that :P

#11 OFFLINE   RANDYRKELLY

Android Master

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/rrkmdw
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:24 AM

Hey bud. This is a great build for our noobs. And I can see big things coming with this.

Sent from a Froyo running Droid threw TapaTalk Pro.

Posted Image

:confusedIf Your Ever In A Bind And Can't Fix Your Droid, Just Gtalk Or Email Me RANDYRKELLY@GMAIL.COM:fire

#12 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:52 PM

DRK has been updated to v0.7. Changelog is included in the OP.

#13 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

Ummmm...how about something like this for Incredible users? :p

> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

#14 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

olta777 said:

Ummmm...how about something like this for Incredible users? :p

See the link in my signature... :)

#15 OFFLINE   kvb1085

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

so i'm following these steps VERBATIM, but it keeps telling me it can't install the drivers once i get to step 2 and hit "enter"

#16 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

So ur trying to install the rsd drivers right? R u running as an administrator and selecting the right bit drivers?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#17 OFFLINE   kvb1085

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

... Problem solved... idk why, but i started from step one again and now it's working.. but YES, i was doing exactly as was stated.. THANKS for the quick response! *stay tuned as i will probably be asking more questions!!* lol.. thanks again.

#18 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

kvb1085 said:

... Problem solved... idk why, but i started from step one again and now it's working.. but YES, i was doing exactly as was stated.. THANKS for the quick response! *stay tuned as i will probably be asking more questions!!* lol.. thanks again.

step one is installing the rsd drivers. Step 2 is using rsd. U need to have ur phone unplugged when u install any drivers (with my program) and then plug the phone in once finished. Did u do that?

I'm glad u got it to work but I just wanna make sure there aren't ne bugs as well.

#19 OFFLINE   kvb1085

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

No bugs. The phone was unplugged... i believe it was my error.. after unzipping i placed the extracted folder "droidrootkit7.0" on the root of c, but did not pay attn to the second folder "droidrootkit" needing to be moved. so the first go around the drivers did not install (i'm assuming because the droidrootkit folder was not on the root of c.)

#20 OFFLINE   agreenbhm

Android Pro

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

Ok. Yea, it is kinda a pain that the folder name and locatiaon is important but that's how it is for now. Hopefully a later build will fix this.

The main folder MUST be c:\droidrootkit or else it won't work.

Glad u figured it out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users