Check us out:

- - - - -

[ROM] Smoked Glass ----CHARITY---- Themed Rom FRG22 Version 6.0 ! !

129 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   rickou812

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Device:MotoDroid

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

dew912 said:

thanks rick
as for a boot animation with audio, i'm not quite sure if it's possible - have you seen it done in any other ROM?

Here is a thread I started detailing what I have tried thus far. Basically running a script in the intit.rc file to play sound at the same time bootanimation is running... It should work and shoulf be possible, but I am missing something..

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#42 OFFLINE   tula

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:motorola droid

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

I just installed this new rom yesterday ... its works great, but just I reallized, that I can't send image over bluetooth, I don't know why, everytime trying to send using share bluetooth option, there is a report note ..
sorry
the application bluetooth share (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly, please try again

foroce close - report

can somebody help me ?

#43 OFFLINE   leonozug

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/BTGGTR1
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

Just installed this rom...totally awesome!! It re-installed all my apps quick, only one that didn't was Launcher pro. This rom is wicked fast!! Scored over 1400 in the quadrant with the included Chevy kernel, seems to be holding good battery life and is not geting over 102 degrees with lots of use. It is VERY smooth when going from app to app, great job!! More people need to try this one out!!

#44 OFFLINE   dew912

Android Pro

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

tula said:

I just installed this new rom yesterday ... its works great, but just I reallized, that I can't send image over bluetooth, I don't know why, everytime trying to send using share bluetooth option, there is a report note ..
sorry
the application bluetooth share (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly, please try again

foroce close - report

can somebody help me ?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, i will try and figure out what causes this and see if it works for me. I never use bluetooth and neither of my computers have it so i've never had the oppurtunity to try it. Can anyone replicate this problem?

#45 OFFLINE   dew912

Android Pro

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

Oh, and if anyone is having a battery drain issue as of yesterday, make sure to update your facebook app from the market. known (and fixed) bug on their end. new version is 1.3.1

#46 OFFLINE   droidflix

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Device:Droid 2.2

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:04 AM

dew912 said:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, i will try and figure out what causes this and see if it works for me. I never use bluetooth and neither of my computers have it so i've never had the oppurtunity to try it. Can anyone replicate this problem?

Hey Dew, I can confirm the blue tooth photo send problem.You can send A photo with Astro Bluetooth but not The Rom Bluetooth.
Everything else with the Rom bluetooth seems to be working,just not able to send photo or movies.
This may be obvious to you but It seems to be in the phone FTP side for photos but not audio.

Edited by droidflix, 07 August 2010 - 02:08 AM.

#47 OFFLINE   leonozug

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/BTGGTR1
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

I've been running this rom for a couple days now. Unbelievable battery life!! Totally amazing. While everybody is using old build sources and draining their battery with CM and SS, this rom is the best!! Installed it on my girlfriends Droid too. She had been running Bugless 4 and every night her battery was almost dead. Well, I installed this rom last night and tonight she is at 70%. How about that? This rom is a diamond in the rough!! Telling all my friends I've rooted about this one for sure!!

#48 OFFLINE   rickou812

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

Yes, this ROM is definitely a winner hands down.

#49 OFFLINE   ryonavin

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Device:droid

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

Need to see if anyone knows whats up here.. at his request I helped my bro root his phone and put smoked glass on. Oddly enough though his apps aren't synching so he's having to manually download all the various apps he had pre-root. On my phone I've flashed and re-flashed my rom and each time once I log into my account all the apps I had on the phone sync. Any ideas?

#50 OFFLINE   hellrazer1976

Droid

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Device:moto droid

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

sometimes you have to do a multiple factory reset for it to work every now and then it happens to me

#51 OFFLINE   ryonavin

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Device:droid

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:47 AM

yea he's not gonna be too keen on that hes already starting to download and install what he remembers he had, was thinking there was some sort of setting but to my knowledge its just supposed to be linked to the google account and thats that

#52 OFFLINE   freebird_78

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

So I just installed this ROM (awesome speed and battery). After installing, I noticed the baseband was C_1.03xx, even though it's supposed to be based on FRG22 which I thought was 1.43. So I flashed 1.4.01 then 1.43. I installed these two baseband updates right after the ROM itself, so I'm not sure if the problem I'm seeing is the ROM or the baseband.

Short story is that GMail messages recieve fine, but I can not send anything. Just says "sending..." indefinately. My first inclination is to just flash back to 1.4.01.

Thoughts?

Edit: just tried going back to C_1.41, and no dice. It has to be something related to this ROM.

Edit 2: OK got it. Cleared Data in App Manager and that worked. Going back to C_1.43

Edited by freebird_78, 09 August 2010 - 06:53 PM.

#53 OFFLINE   freebird_78

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

Another question: is there a way to adust the "minimum brightness hack"? I like to keep Auto Brightness, but the minimum brightness is too dim for me. Realize I'll give up some battery life, but that's OK.

#54 OFFLINE   droidflix

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Device:Droid 2.2

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

freebird_78 said:

Another question: is there a way to adust the "minimum brightness hack"? I like to keep Auto Brightness, but the minimum brightness is too dim for me. Realize I'll give up some battery life, but that's OK.

Go into widgets and add the Power control widget,the screen light control is the last one on the right.

#55 OFFLINE   smokin5s

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

I tried to update the ROM and I get an error

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot")
e:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation Aborted

Any idea?

Edited by smokin5s, 10 August 2010 - 11:58 AM.

#56 OFFLINE   rickou812

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

smokin5s said:

I tried to update the ROM and I get an error

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot")
e:Error in /sdcard/update.zom
(status 7)
Installation Aborted

Any idea?

Looks like you misspelled the update extension

#57 OFFLINE   dew912

Android Pro

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

freebird_78 said:

I'd have to send you the backup of the file I modified. I'm overseas right now. Pm me and I'll send it to you in a few days when I get back

#58 OFFLINE   dfib

Droid

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Device:droid 1

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

hellrazer1976 said:

sometimes you have to do a multiple factory reset for it to work every now and then it happens to me

If I do a factory reset, will I have to root again?

#59 OFFLINE   s3ntaur

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for this killer ROM.

#60 OFFLINE   hellrazer1976

Droid

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Device:moto droid

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

dfib said:

If I do a factory reset, will I have to root again?

if you use one of these roms they are rooted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users