Check us out:

- - - - -

[ROM] Smoked Glass ----CHARITY---- Themed Rom FRG22 Version 6.0 ! !

129 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   hellrazer1976

Droid

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Device:moto droid

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:45 AM

Go here

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

its the old slow way but its what I did to get root back

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#82 OFFLINE   04CiviCon20s

Android Pro

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • Twitter:@23jrv
  • Device:ICS,1.4Ghz DC GNeXu$

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:51 AM

dew912 said:

Reserved for updates...

Current Download Link:

Link is dead.Help please

#83 OFFLINE   dew912

Android Pro

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

I'm back! Did I miss anything? Requests for next version?

#84 OFFLINE   04CiviCon20s

Android Pro

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • Twitter:@23jrv
  • Device:ICS,1.4Ghz DC GNeXu$

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

dew912 said:

The d/l failed after 20 minutes of trying to d/l. Something pertaining to server. Any other mirrors for d/l?

#85 OFFLINE   doomer4life

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid (Froyo)

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

I was trying to d/l last night and it took about 45 mins b4 any connection was made and when it was made it was a very slow connection. Said it would take 9hrs to d/l so I just let it run as I went to bed and when I woke up this morning it said complete but I looked at the file size and it was only 30mb. And it stated last night 76 some mbs. So I think the link is gone or their servers are messed up

#86 OFFLINE   dew912

Android Pro

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

doomer4life said:

I was trying to d/l last night and it took about 45 mins b4 any connection was made and when it was made it was a very slow connection. Said it would take 9hrs to d/l so I just let it run as I went to bed and when I woke up this morning it said complete but I looked at the file size and it was only 30mb. And it stated last night 76 some mbs. So I think the link is gone or their servers are messed up

It should be working fine now...

#87 OFFLINE   SGTCap

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

hellrazer1976 said:

Go here

Will thius work with 2.2 froyo?

#88 OFFLINE   doomer4life

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid (Froyo)

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

Still getting a no servers available is that cause only so many ppl can download or what?

#89 OFFLINE   hellrazer1976

Droid

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

Its what I did after ota 2.2 installed over smoked glass and restored the sprecover to stock

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#90 OFFLINE   hellrazer1976

Droid

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

Ddos attack on system they can kill all connection

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#91 OFFLINE   SGTCap

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

hellrazer1976 said:

Go here

theres two meathods listed, which one did you use? I tried #1 and it wouldnt run the update and #2 confuses me. I dont understand what they mean by "extract them all into C:\Android"

#92 OFFLINE   hellrazer1976

Droid

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:42 PM

try this and follow exactly as it reads (you can skip the rooting process if you want to install a new rom you just need sprecovery)

Edited by hellrazer1976, 20 August 2010 - 05:45 PM.

#93 OFFLINE   hellrazer1976

Droid

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

dew912 said:

yeah dew's off his sabbatical ..... yes there's a bunch of droid 2 coolness that needs to be ported to us

#94 OFFLINE   Kelex

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

I really dislike the minimum brightness hack because I use auto brightness all the time now. Whenever I leave on auto it stays at the minimum and never actually changes. Is there a way to get auto to work as it did before, or is that something you have to change dew? If you have to change it can you provide a ROM without the brightness mod on it?

Currently I am using manual brightness, but that gets annoying to change all the time.

Also the vibrate time for text messages is too long. It always feels like I am getting a phone call but then it ends up being a text or another alert. Can you change that or maybe give us the option to customize it?

There is also some places where the smoked glass black background makes some darker text almost unreadable. I'd tell you where but I forgot where I saw it.

Thanks for the great ROM, my battery life and performance is great!

#95 OFFLINE   hellrazer1976

Droid

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Kelex said:

I really dislike the minimum brightness hack because I use auto brightness all the time now. Whenever I leave on auto it stays at the minimum and never actually changes. Is there a way to get auto to work as it did before, or is that something you have to change dew? If you have to change it can you provide a ROM without the brightness mod on it?

Currently I am using manual brightness, but that gets annoying to change all the time.

Also the vibrate time for text messages is too long. It always feels like I am getting a phone call but then it ends up being a text or another alert. Can you change that or maybe give us the option to customize it?

There is also some places where the smoked glass black background makes some darker text almost unreadable. I'd tell you where but I forgot where I saw it.

Thanks for the great ROM, my battery life and performance is great!

Quote Originally Posted by freebird_78 View Post
Another question: is there a way to adust the "minimum brightness hack"? I like to keep Auto Brightness, but the minimum brightness is too dim for me. Realize I'll give up some battery life, but that's OK.
I'd have to send you the backup of the file I modified. I'm overseas right now. Pm me and I'll send it to you in a few days when I get back

dew is back he should be able to help you

#96 OFFLINE   droidflix

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Device:Droid 2.2

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

Hey Dew, glad to see your back,hell I was getting ready to have A wake for Smoked.
I'm looking forward to the new stuff,but right now I'm having 0 problems and running
at warp speed.Oh yeah I got A couple more Droid"s to start smoking.Hell if this keeps up
I need to become A salesman.I wonder if Goggle is hiring:lmao Anyway,glad your back.

#97 OFFLINE   droidflix

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Device:Droid 2.2

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:51 AM

SGTCap said:

theres two meathods listed, which one did you use? I tried #1 and it wouldnt run the update and #2 confuses me. I dont understand what they mean by "extract them all into C:\Android"

And if you have problems with that post,goto this one. It is basically the same but with links to everything. Good Luck

http://www.mydroidwo...ide-thread.html

#98 OFFLINE   dew912

Android Pro

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:20 AM

droidflix said:

Hey Dew, glad to see your back,hell I was getting ready to have A wake for Smoked.
I'm looking forward to the new stuff,but right now I'm having 0 problems and running
at warp speed.Oh yeah I got A couple more Droid"s to start smoking.Hell if this keeps up
I need to become A salesman.I wonder if Goggle is hiring:lmao Anyway,glad your back.

Thanks man!

#99 OFFLINE   dfib

Droid

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Device:droid 1

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:58 AM

Can we expect a new rom anytime soon, I would like to see what else you can come up with. Smoking glass is great, and what I am running but I am always wanting more.

#100 OFFLINE   SGTCap

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

hellrazer1976 said:

try this and follow exactly as it reads (you can skip the rooting process if you want to install a new rom you just need sprecovery)

I am going to try this. One question though, Do I need to choose 32 or 64 bit?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users