Check us out:

- - - - -

How to downgrade back to 1.00 radio and .77 HBOOT for the OTA (S-OFF ONLY!!!)

6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

-Thanks to

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Note: You *MUST* be s-OFF for this to work properly. If you're not, it won't work.

1. Download this zip file:

2. Rename it to PB31IMG.zip (uppercase name and lowercase extension matters, make sure it's not .zip.zip also) and push it to the root of your sdcard, so it's /sdcard/PB31IMG.zip

2 1/2. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP (in case you ever want to go back)

3. Reboot into HBOOT by holding vol down while booting up, or by typing "adb reboot oem-42"

4. Hit vol-up when it asks if you want to apply the zip.

5. Wait for it to finish, then reboot when it asks you to.

Congrats, now you're back to stock 2.1-update1 with the original 1.00 radio.

Thanks to aiccucs for his work in compiling the stock zip!

> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   inessi

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Incredible

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:00 AM

im almost positive i love you for compiling all this together and making this short and sweet little guide. I literally spent atleast 4 hours just trying to get back to stock and with the help of rdmerck at xda and this post i finally achieved my goal thank you VERY much

#3 OFFLINE   xwera43

Android Pro

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:19 AM

That's why she's the "Incredible Administrator". ;)

X

#4 OFFLINE   imandroid

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 823 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus, OG Droid, Galaxy Tab, Palm Pre+, i4s VZW,

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:20 AM

Cool i was waiting for this to arrive now the Incredible is in for a serious treat of roms and flashes and stuff :rofl

#5 OFFLINE   dandroid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Device:droid,eris,hero,droid x, now INCREDIBLE!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

everytime I download this file my laptop tells me that it is corrupted and will not install on my phone. I have tried changing the name as well to no avail. Help? I am s-off at the bootloader on my dinc.,

#6 OFFLINE   dandroid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Device:droid,eris,hero,droid x, now INCREDIBLE!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:08 AM

dandroid said:

everytime I download this file my laptop tells me that it is corrupted and will not install on my phone. I have tried changing the name as well to no avail. Help? I am s-off at the bootloader on my dinc.,

I have gotten back to 2.1 root but with out this file. It took 12 hours and some crazy ingenuity but I was able to re-enable nandroid backups by replacing the stock recovery with a saved clockwork 2.5.0.1 flash off of my sd card backup. I then rezipped the PB31.img and sent it in and at first my dinc acted a little crazy and I thought for sure I bricked it suddenly that little android popped up with the arrow out of the box. First go round, it acted funny so I wiped everything thrice in P3droid's advice (You rock bro!)
then I mounted usb to enable my sd card and sent in several 2.2 rooted roms and none of them loaded all the way, so i copied my nandroid backup file from my external on my x86 ported to android 2.1 and was able to load an old backup of 2.1 rooted with busybox installed and everything done just right. I was astonished it worked. I read that somewhere in a forum I believe it was Pete, I honestly cant remember that was four devices ago doing research rooting my first eris. He said that it was possible to unzip and remove portions of this roms that are compatible and put together a rom that way though it wouldn't be as clean as a rom made from source, it does work sometimes. Did on my dinc. I was stuck for a day and a half without root, jonesing like crazy to flash a rom.
thanks P3droid, you are a genius. I have unrevoked forever installed, every time I tried to update.zip from the stock recovery it would say, E: aborted install on my screen. I followed the directions and I have s off in bootloader. Where did i go wrong?
Dandroid
ps can I provide a file and a nandroid from this experience? Never had something so serious to submit before. Might help someone not brick their handset.

#7 OFFLINE   KerrAvon

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

How do I do this if I am not rooted?

olta777 said:

-Thanks to

Note: You *MUST* be s-OFF for this to work properly. If you're not, it won't work.

1. Download this zip file:

2. Rename it to PB31IMG.zip (uppercase name and lowercase extension matters, make sure it's not .zip.zip also) and push it to the root of your sdcard, so it's /sdcard/PB31IMG.zip

2 1/2. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP (in case you ever want to go back)

3. Reboot into HBOOT by holding vol down while booting up, or by typing "adb reboot oem-42"

4. Hit vol-up when it asks if you want to apply the zip.

5. Wait for it to finish, then reboot when it asks you to.

Congrats, now you're back to stock 2.1-update1 with the original 1.00 radio.

Thanks to aiccucs for his work in compiling the stock zip!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users