#1 OFFLINE   BBCrackman

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 2,983 posts
  • Twitter:@bbcrackman
  • Device:Too many...

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:01 PM

TRANQUILITY

This is a new Rom that RETURNS the Droid 2 to a stock view. Much of the blur has been removed. I have kept things that I enjoy. This is my initial release candidate and as with these things I do not promise you the world. But you can leave any comments here in this thread.

Posted Image

Facts:

There are a few apps that were built from source, others were pulled from FRG22D, and still others are blur but have been edited in some way to make them less intrusive.

It comes with 2 Launchers, adw and the 2.2 launcher (3d Version) the 2.2 launcher does not have a functioning phone button.

changelog:

Rom has been deodexed, zipaligned, optimized, and DeBlurred (if thats a word)

2.2 stock: email, messaging, gallery, car home, navigation, news app, clock, calendar
Blur: kept phone, contacts, camera

Install instructions:

This is a new style of install for me and the Droid community in general. The update.zip format will only remove those files necessary to install itself, if your phone is odexed, it will deodex it for you and install. It has a very small footprint because it is only installing what is necessary.

1) DO NOT WIPE YOU PHONE, DO NOT FORMAT THE SYSTEM.

2) in your app drawer have bootstrap recovery restart your phone in recovery.

3) Follow these steps exactly:
i. go to mount and storage
ii. select mount system (it should say unmount /system if done correctly)
iii. press the power button
iv. select install zip from sdcard
v. select choose zip from sdcard
vi. navigate to Tranquility.zip and press the camera button
vii. restart phone

You can download here

Link one:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Update: Found and fixed the syncing with calendar issue - will issue a patch later today !!

If you like my work consider donating --------------->

If you like our site consider becoming a supporting member ----------> Supporting Members

Edited by Andrew, 05 September 2010 - 05:34 PM.

Help support MDW and become a Supporting Member

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   nelson419

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid 2

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

Installed and working fine so far. As with most new rom installs, itll take a bit to bootup the first time...but after that you are in the clear. Im showing almost 100MB more ram free than before with blur. I'll update later if I run into any issues.

UPDATE:
Keyboard and hardware button backlight do not work.
Swype spits out this error "The Swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality. Please contact Swype about this issue".

Other than those and the aforementioned calendar sync issue, everything is floating along smoothly.

UPDATE 2:
Brightness seems to have fixed itself. *shrugs
I'd personally prefer the ROM sans amazon/kindle app and with the DLNA app..but thats just me :)

Edited by nelson419, 05 September 2010 - 06:38 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   KalenXI

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

Got it loading and most everything seems to be working well.

Things I've noticed so far:
I haven't seen a swype error like above, but it appears to have lost its dictionary so it won't recognize any words.
My button and keyboard backlights appear to be working normally.
And going to Settings > Battery Manager and clicking on the battery icon results in setting force quitting.

Edit: Plugging and unplugging the phone from the charger seems to have fixed the battery manager crashing issue.

I don't know if it'll be much help but here's what the log says:

I/ActivityManager( 1239): Displayed activity com.motorola.batterymanager/.PowerProfileUi: 333 ms (total 6904 ms)
I/global  ( 2018): Default buffer size used in BufferedInputStream constructor. It would be better to be explicit if an 8k buffer is required.
D/BlrPhotoDwnldService( 2018): Writing photo data for remote photo content://com.android.contacts/data/2418?caller_is_syncadapter=true
D/GroupCache( 1543): Groups database table has changed. Refreshing the groups cache
V/GroupCache( 1543): Clearing pending group cache refresh requests
V/GroupCache( 1543): Queue group cache refresh request, delayed (ms): 3000
D/dalvikvm( 2018): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 337 objects / 339632 bytes in 66ms
D/dalvikvm( 1239): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 6151 objects / 533928 bytes in 123ms
D/dalvikvm( 2152): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 1015 objects / 65800 bytes in 31ms
D/dalvikvm( 2152): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 253 objects / 56112 bytes in 43ms
D/AndroidRuntime( 2152): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 2152): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x400208b0)

Edited by KalenXI, 05 September 2010 - 06:47 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   josh.rose0107

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Device:Motorola DROID X2

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

Does this have facebook integration like the stock droid 1 had? Also is it possible to make the blur apks downloadable so that the people that want some of the apps can install them?

#5 OFFLINE   oshigeru

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

Tried it, it's amazing. My only complaint is the haptic feedback on the touch buttons (menu/home/etc). It's too weak! Any way to turn it up/back to stock?

#6 OFFLINE   lazarus

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

i will agree with the haptic feedback being almost non existent.. i hope that can be fixed in future releases. also how would i go about installing the Blur-email app? the blur app works with my work email where the stock 2.2 android email app doesn't

#7 OFFLINE   ShftyEyedGoat

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:23 PM

Does anyone notice if this rom helps battery life? It seems to be much worse life than the Droid and if the reporting agent is right a 15min call took 15-20% of the battery life. Trying to figure out if I want to keep this model or go back to the Droid...

#8 OFFLINE   bcs296

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

...and I'm loving it so far. The phone runs 10x better than before. I do wish that the Blur contacts was removed but alas, I am not the developer so this will do just fine until some more roms start popping up. Thanks!

EDIT: One thing to note is that my phone numbers didn't survive the switch. All of the names are in the contact list but the numbers are gone and my recent calls are there but that's it.

#9 OFFLINE   darkonion

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

Sorry to threadjack. I wrote an indepth how on how to flash Epic's ROM. I'd assume that flashing Tranquility's rom would be pretty much the same if not exactly the same. Just throwing it out there for noobs like me that would need help figuring out how to install stuff!

#10 OFFLINE   Redflea

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

Did this patch the OP refers to above every happen? I can't run w/out Calendar sync...

Update: Found and fixed the syncing with calendar issue - will issue a patch later today !!

#11 OFFLINE   Redflea

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:26 PM

Tried this tonight...it's fast/smooth, very nice in that respect. Quadrants about 50 points above stock (1450-ish).

Swype keyboard won't work, same error message reported above...for that reason alone I'm going to revert, as I can't live w/out Swype at this point. Addicted.

Lazarus: A version of the 2.2 email.apk that worked w/my work email including pin lock/security requirements is available on cyanogenmod forums in a thread that mtwebster started...you might try looking there for an email.apk that will work for you, if you can't get the one from the D2 stock ROM back.

I would also like an option to keep using the stock D2 Exchange email app - there are some things I like about it better...

Edited by Redflea, 07 September 2010 - 09:07 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   camblue

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:38 AM

Awesome rom but i have a question, is there any reason why SU keeps asking for super user access every time i press an app that needs SU access? I turned off the notifications but it still asks for SU access every time?

#13 OFFLINE   KalenXI

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:53 AM

camblue said:

Awesome rom but i have a question, is there any reason why SU keeps asking for super user access every time i press an app that needs SU access? I turned off the notifications but it still asks for SU access every time?

Try updating both su and superuser and then turn notifications on and back off that fixed it for me.

#14 OFFLINE   jerseyh22accord

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Moto Droid2

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

My only complaint is to get the phone button working on the 2.2 launcher. Otherwise love it.

#15 OFFLINE   pleisner3

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:36 AM

Everything is moving so much faster after installation but 2 issues....my contacts won't transfer over and my swype won't recognize any words. Love the responsiveness and the speed with the blur out of there and I like the softer vibrate when long pressing icons and everything. Once that swype issue is fixed and I can get my contacts over....this is where its at.

Thanks

#16 OFFLINE   camblue

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

Got it thank you apparently there was a SU zip file that came with this rom that i saw in my system bin. I installed that and it updated it and now everything works great, thanks!

#17 OFFLINE   camblue

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

Can anyone provide me the apk for Verizons 3g hotspot app please?

#18 OFFLINE   Ty07allstar

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

Got my Droid 2 today and after rooting and installing recovery this is the first thing I flashed. Great work!! The only thing is the vibrate is too soft and you took away the vibrate when hitting the Home, Menu etc. buttons.

#19 OFFLINE   facelessuser

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

pleisner3 said:

Everything is moving so much faster after installation but 2 issues....my contacts won't transfer over and my swype won't recognize any words. Love the responsiveness and the speed with the blur out of there and I like the softer vibrate when long pressing icons and everything. Once that swype issue is fixed and I can get my contacts over....this is where its at.

Thanks

It appears that the swype used in this rom was not meant for the droid 2. It was probably from the droid x since this is a port from that.

I grabbed the swype from a droid 2 system dump and installed it like a normal app. Now swype works correctly.

The swype that gets bundled on a phone is hard coded to only work with that model of phone regardless of the fact the hardware may be the same.

#20 OFFLINE   walcs

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

facelessuser said:

It appears that the swype used in this rom was not meant for the droid 2. It was probably from the droid x since this is a port from that.

I grabbed the swype from a droid 2 system dump and installed it like a normal app. Now swype works correctly.

The swype that gets bundled on a phone is hard coded to only work with that model of phone regardless of the fact the hardware may be the same.

Edit, i got it to work,
Instructions:
Download the Droid 2 system dump here

Under /Apps find Swype.apk and copy it to your sd-card

Open terminal emulator

su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
rm /system/app/Swype.apk
reboot

After reboot verify its gone.
Reopen Terminal Emulator

su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/Swype.apk /system/app
exit
exit

Open a text box and verify.
Hooray!
thanks to this post, http://www.mydroidwo...pe-droid-x.html
:D enjoy the magic of SWYPE!

Edited by walcs, 11 September 2010 - 11:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users