145 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   astraelraen

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:26 PM

My Droid X is stuck in the endless Red Eye boot loop. If I use the SBF from here does that mean I can never get OTA updates again?

edit:
Everyone probably already knows this by now but this SBF file is 2.3.13, my phone originally came with 2.3.15.

I'm just concerned I'll never get official updates anymore. If that is the case I'll just find a way to return the phone and get a stock Droid X for now.

editedit:
I'm wondering if this isn't actually 2.3.15? It clearly says 2.3.13, but I have flash 10.1 out of the box with the SBF, according to Verizon flash 10.1 was included with 2.3.15, not 2.3.13.

Edited by astraelraen, 12 October 2010 - 03:43 PM.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#122 OFFLINE   CallMeBalls

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

Not quite sure what is going on for me here... I have the OTA rooted and deodexed. Running Windows 7 x64. My phone is recognized by RSD, but when I choose the sbf file the START option is greyed out. The phone is in PC Mode with debugging turned on.

I have also tried going into bootloader mode, and the phone is recognized. But I still don't have the option to start the flash.

Also... not sure if it makes a difference but my phone shows up as two different things in RSD if I am in bootloader mode or in PC mode. Ideas? TIA

#123 OFFLINE   astraelraen

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

CallMeBalls said:

Not quite sure what is going on for me here... I have the OTA rooted and deodexed. Running Windows 7 x64. My phone is recognized by RSD, but when I choose the sbf file the START option is greyed out. The phone is in PC Mode with debugging turned on.

I have also tried going into bootloader mode, and the phone is recognized. But I still don't have the option to start the flash.

Also... not sure if it makes a difference but my phone shows up as two different things in RSD if I am in bootloader mode or in PC mode. Ideas? TIA

Mine had to download another driver to work with RSD. It wasn't even my phone, it said something like OMAP somethingsomething as the driver name/title.

#124 OFFLINE   CallMeBalls

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

astraelraen said:

Mine had to download another driver to work with RSD. It wasn't even my phone, it said something like OMAP somethingsomething as the driver name/title.

It seems that my drivers are installed correctly. The OMAP driver is installed. I tried uninstalling RSD and reinstalling, but no luck. I'll try on a different machine. Maybe it's my laptop. Anyone else have thoughts?

#125 OFFLINE   astraelraen

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

I don't completely understand the whole SBF version / baseband / kernel thing here.

But I think the issue with the above SBF is that it DID NOT include updates to the kernal & baseband, it was only the 2.3.13 system files. However that works?

So my kernel & baseband were originally the ones that came with 2.3.15. But I used the SBF and put the system version at 2.3.13

I'm still very confused though, because Flash 10.1 and a few other updates were supposed to come with the 2.3.15 update. However after flashing to 2.3.13, it appears my phone has flash 10.1 and the updates intact.

#126 OFFLINE   skram7735

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

First off, I am very familiar with Custom Roms and Never had this problem before.
I had to use the 2.3.13 SBF bc I was in a boot loop from a theme. I am rooted again using rageagainstthecage and can access the ClockworkMod recovery. I have tried multiple times to install 2.3.15 deodexed from the TBH app with no success. ClockworkMod says the install was successful but under system info it states it is 2.3.13. I know that it is 2.3.13 odexed bc Tranquility causes a boot loop. Backup and Restore work fine but not zip files. Does anyone know why it will not install?

#127 OFFLINE   Hawaiian1der

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Device:Motorola Android X

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

There are probably posts in this thread about this exact problem, but I'm too blind, def, dumb, and mute, to find it.

My situation: Stuck on Motorola "M" Logo after formatting /system because I was not paying attention. Because of this I cannot use the method stated in the first post. Insted, I can boot into the Bootloader.
Problem: RSDLite wont recognize the device, no matter what I do.

On the first page, I know there is a post about the Bootloader and then someone Quote'ing the original post, saying that they just used the "First-Come-First-Served" Option. This does not work for me either.

#128 OFFLINE   kizer8

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

pc747 said:

Im guessing that those wanting 2.3.15 can use the sbf 2.3.13 to fix your device and just install the 2.3.15 update.zip that is posted by TBH.

Hello, I used this SBF and RSD to fix my Droid X stuck at the M logo screen. Now my phone is working great again, but my system version is version.2.3.13.MB810.Verizon.en.US. With this version for some reason I am unable to see certain apps on the market. Ex: TV.com. How can I get an update.zip to upgrade me to version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US? How do I upgrade?

Thanks for listening.

#129 OFFLINE   dandroid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Device:droid,eris,hero,droid x, now INCREDIBLE!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

chinton said:

For anyone coming after me with the same problem.. This did work. I pushed the 2.2 system files and rebooted into Froyo. All my apps were still in place but I had re-root and clear the cache on my bootstrapper. Once that was done I restored from my working backup.

Dude you should compile a tutorial on this subject. oNe worthy of a sticky I think.
Just bricked my x with 2.1 accidently. farg!!!

#130 OFFLINE   chinton

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

dandroid said:

Dude you should compile a tutorial on this subject. oNe worthy of a sticky I think.
Just bricked my x with 2.1 accidently. farg!!!

I just followed the directions on the first post of this thread. Downloaded RSD and the 2.2 system only SBF. The second part of my statement was in reference to the bootstrapper not working after the phone started working. It would just bypass and boot normally. After clearing the cache it started interupting the boot sequence again so I could run from clockwork.

To clear the cache on a program press settings -> applications -> manage applications and select the application you want to clear. Click the "clear cache" option.

I havent tried yet, but if you are bricked by trying to reload 2.1 over 2.2 then maybe you can use the 2.2 full sbf that was released the other day to get up and running again.

#131 OFFLINE   kizer8

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:53 AM

kizer8 said:

Hello, I used this SBF and RSD to fix my Droid X stuck at the M logo screen. Now my phone is working great again, but my system version is version.2.3.13.MB810.Verizon.en.US. With this version for some reason I am unable to see certain apps on the market. Ex: TV.com. How can I get an update.zip to upgrade me to version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US? How do I upgrade?

Thanks for listening.

Anyone have detailed instructions how I upgrade to version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US?

#132 OFFLINE   Dreas

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:17 AM

Followed instructions and now my phone says:
Bootloader
err: A5,70,70,00,1f

battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mode:
USB

What do I do now??

#133 OFFLINE   estanenmi

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

Hi people of this great forum....

i need help o maybe we all need help....

Iusacell celular operator bring november 16 motoroix aka droidX

with this softawe preload....

botloader 30.04

System version

Version.3.0.15.MB810.Iusacel.en.MX

Kernel Version

2.6.32.9-g6a7e50e
dbretzm1 il93lnxdroid22#1

and

Baseband Radio

BP_C_02.02.00P

im current only root whit z4root

and flash bootstrap

any change to flash whit some rom from yours???

any one needs my update.zip??

Posted Image

Edited by estanenmi, 30 November 2010 - 03:50 PM.

#134 OFFLINE   tillithz

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

ok maybe a stupid question BUT, if one is stuck at the M logo on boot up, how in the world do you

"If you are not familiar on how to use RSDLite here is a brief overview

Switch your device to PC mode
Turn on debugging mode (settings>applications>development>debugging mode)

Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF
Start"

thanks

#135 OFFLINE   alcor34

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

It's really great that people try to help, but it really is a mishap then the solution comes after a newer problem occurs.

System versions are many lol. I've had three DX's now two Froyo and one had 2.3.15 and 2.3.151 - messed up 2.3.151 cause bootloader was 30.04, anyone have an sbf fix for that. cause i believe 2.3.13 won't work neither 2.3.15. Oh wait how can i get an sbf of 2.3.340 - that should be 30.04 right?

#136 OFFLINE   Aixelsyd

Android Master

• Administrators
  • 984 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

alcor34 said:

It's really great that people try to help, but it really is a mishap then the solution comes after a newer problem occurs.

System versions are many lol. I've had three DX's now two Froyo and one had 2.3.15 and 2.3.151 - messed up 2.3.151 cause bootloader was 30.04, anyone have an sbf fix for that. cause i believe 2.3.13 won't work neither 2.3.15. Oh wait how can i get an sbf of 2.3.340 - that should be 30.04 right?

There is no SBF of the 2.3.3.40 build and the word is there iwll not be one released. However you can still get updated to it seeing as you have the 30.04 bootloader. To do so you will need to flash the device with the 2.3.320 FULL SBF first. Once you do that then you can use the new files P3 & TBH just posted the other day. Here are the links

http://www.mydroidwo...2-full-sbf.html
http://www.mydroidwo...bootloader.html

#137 OFFLINE   alcor34

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

Thanks 10 million times

#138 OFFLINE   crthorne

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Device:Gingerbread / Dark Slide X

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

avlfive said:

I just ran it and got bootloops, but I'm trying again right meow.

EDIT: After running it again and getting bootloops again, I decided to try to wipe data and cache and all went well this time.

Thanks a bunch p3droid!!!

Thanks a bunch Team Black Hat!!!

did you say meow :)

#139 OFFLINE   vikingkid3

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'm still somewhat confused about this. My X has the 2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US system version with the 2.2 android version. After initially receiving the Official OTA update when it first came out I rooted the phone and got rid of a bunch of bloatware. When the latest update was released, I was still rooted and could not update. I have been lazy and haven't done anything about it until now. If I use this can I unroot my X while keeping all of my apps and data and be able to install the official OTA update?
Thank you.

#140 OFFLINE   Kh5ali1la8h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

If you are not familiar on how to use RSDLite here is a brief overview
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users