Team Black Hat brings you R2D2 for the Motorola Droid2, this is available only for rooted users right now. To get R2D2 on your D2 jump into to forum and follow the downloading and install directions.
Please Read Directions Before Proceeding:
Hello, we know that other sites will post this thread on their site. We respectfully request that you link back here, if you do not honor that request we would ask that you include both posts 1 and 2. BUT PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST LINKS TO DOWNLOADS OR MIRRORS
This is a leaked ROM in the update.zip format. This is not a Custom ROM or a port. This will upgrade only your system.
Download file Link 1
Download file Link 2
This link contains 5 links
Download file Link 3
You will now install R2D2 for the Droid2
1) Restart phone via Koush bootstrap into Recovery Mode
2) Wipe Data
3) Wipe Cache
4) Select Mounts and Storage
5) Select Format System (ONLY DO THIS IF IT FAILS TO INSTALL THE FIRST TIME)
6) Select Mount System
7) Back out by pressing Power button
8) Select Install zip from sdcard
9) Select choose zip from sdcard
10) find and select this zip file
11) First Boot may take up to 5 minutes
10) Go into Koush Bootstrap (if you have it) and re do the bootstrap. (must be rooted)
STOP: IF YOU LOOSE ROOT YOU CAN USE THIS METHOD AS FOUND ON XDA. It takes only 3 - 5 minutes to root your phone. Root Instructions
Your phone will now be running 2.4.0 (R2D2)
Thanks goes out to:
Team Black Hat
We all would like to thank MyDroidWorld for being home to so many leaks, and MyDroidWrold would like to thank the members for their support. If you would like to become a supporting member of the MyDroidWorld website follow this link here. Support MyDroidWorld
You can get leaks faster by downloading the TeamBlackHat app from the marketplace.
Edited by Andrew, 01 October 2010 - 08:15 PM.