Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

TRANQUILITY

Posted Image

Facts:

There are a few apps that were built from source, and still others are blur but have been edited in some way to make them less intrusive.

Change Log:

* Gmail removed from install (download from market is current)
* Install now simplified (only need to install, no need to mount system)
* Base system files from 2.3.15
* New Laucher built from source
[INDENT]* 3D app drawer (cube)
* removed wallpapers[/INDENT]
* New Wallpaper app (based on CM)
[INDENT] * now you can uninstall the wallpapers or move them to SDCARD[/INDENT]
* Added a few apps built in source
* Calendar fixed (all day events are slightly cut off)
* Removed ADW
* NFL Wallpaper app added to sdcard as bonus

*** To install DroidX and NFL wallpapers you need to use the file app and navigate to your sdcard. Then find folder TranQ and install the two apps inside. ***

Change Log - 2.3.5rc:

• Music and lock controls added back in
  • Using base files from 2.3.13
  • Adw Lancher added, Launcher 2 removed
  • Msg App from Cyanogen source
  • * removed a lot of stuff that was for gsm phone
  • * removed more blur items
  • Free Space now at 117.29 from 99.78

Change Log 1.5rc:

Original Launcher 2 fixed (phone button and orientation sensor)
Developement app fixed (Terminal now included and fixed)
Calculater from source, (Just because I like source, the other worked fine)
Calendar updated (now it syncs with google calendars)

Install instructions:

This is a new style of install for me and the Droid community in general. The update.zip format will only remove those files necessary to install itself, if your phone is odexed, it will deodex it for you and install. It has a very small footprint because it is only installing what is necessary.

1) DO NOT WIPE YOU PHONE, DO NOT FORMAT THE SYSTEM.

2) in your app drawer have bootstrap recovery restart your phone in recovery.

3) Follow these steps exactly:
i. select install zip from sdcard
ii. select choose zip from sdcard
iii. navigate to Tranquility.zip and press the camera button
iv. restart phone

You can download here

Link one:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Link two:

INFORMATION BULLETIN
Do NOT wipe your system, you will get stuck at the M.

If you like my work consider donating --------------->

If you like our site consider becoming a supporting member ----------> Supporting Members

Edited by p3droid, 03 October 2010 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image
> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

reserved

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   spazzxb

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Device:droid x, eris, Galaxy Nexus

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

how would one get dlna working properly with this rom? do i just reinstall the dlna app? where do i get the apk?

#4 OFFLINE   Jinxt

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

A few questions before I install this (mainly because I'm getting tired of jumping back and forth between ROMs as they come out because of small little things that add up to me not liking the experience).

-Which version of 2.3.15 is this built off of? OTA or leaked? I ask because in my experience there is a difference in some of the system files (easiest one to point out is the leaked version's contact pics have the same outer grey crap look to them as the rest of the leaks and the OTA's looks much better IMHO).

- Is this a custom-built launcher or just a different launcher than ADW? I personally like LauncherPro, is LauncherPro going to cause issue with this ROM?

- What's the messaging app like? I didn't like the one supplied with rubiX at all and was one of the reasons I went back to stock OTA. I prefer the simplicity of the stock messaging app (If I wanted 20 different protocols I would use something like Meebo, but I prefer the simplicity and stability of the stock one) but am open to trying something new if it is minimalistic, easy to use and doesn't get in the way.

-How is the contact sync set up? Is Backup Assistant still intact or is that part of blur which has been removed? This was the headline deal-breaker for me with rubiX as I wasn't able to retrieve 70% of my contacts due to them only being synced through BA (truth be told this was an issue caused by my choice of contact management but since I didn't know about it I didn't properly prep for the install). Can you recommend a 3rd party app or a better way to save and retrieve my current contacts so this isn't an issue?

-Is there a more meaty explanation of what was done, taken out and replaced available for viewing? I like to know what I'm working with and what won't be there so I can better prep for moving to a different ROM.

#5 OFFLINE   Tohsh

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/KyleDimmick

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

Great ROM, been running it for a short time, about an hour, but seems very stable and love all the UI tweaks that are included. Props to P3.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#6 OFFLINE   ByTheNumbers

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Driod X 2.3.13

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:53 PM

Painless install, so far so good and loving this rom. Great job P3.

#7 OFFLINE   gunkle

Droid

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

so far so good. only about 2 hrs on it though. installing ontop of rubix v.3 had a few FC's but kinda thought something probably would happen. restored a backup of 2.3.5rc from a few days ago and installed again and all is well so far.

@Jinxt for what its worth I have all my contacts saved in my gmail account and synced to my phone. as soon as i set up the account on the phone it gets all my contacts so no need for backup assistant. Backup assist is not present.
I use LP as well and it runs just fine on this version of tranquility. The one that comes with it is similar but not quit the same.
as far as the messaging app it seems to be the same one in other tranq versions

Edited by gunkle, 03 October 2010 - 04:08 PM.

Body Crusher Enterprises

#8 OFFLINE   tomnationwide

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

Stuck in bootloop on the Tranquility logo and followed all instructions

#9 OFFLINE   gunkle

Droid

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

tomnationwide said:

Stuck in bootloop on the Tranquility logo and followed all instructions

what were you on before? 2.1? 2.2 leak? OTA?
Body Crusher Enterprises

#10 OFFLINE   gunkle

Droid

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

can we put in the OP that you need to be on some form of 2.2 to do this. might head off some off the issues that have come up with previous releases.
Body Crusher Enterprises

#11 OFFLINE   Cosmo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

OK to install this if running OTA Froyo update and rooted? I anticipate a yes, but wanted to make absolutely sure. Thanks guys!

#12 OFFLINE   gunkle

Droid

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

yes. not sure what will happen if you have removed anything or changed file names on any stock apps. I dont do that stuff so cant comment on that. if its just OTA rooted your good to go.
Body Crusher Enterprises

#13 OFFLINE   Cosmo

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the quick reply gunkle! I have a nandroid of stock rooted & bootstrapped OTA to restore from and will do that first.

#14 OFFLINE   gunkle

Droid

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

might not be necisarry. it should work i think if things have been removed. I can see issues with renamed if not fixed but again im only guessing. its a good habit to only change the .apk on files to .bak or something so that its easy to change back if you need to. really shouldn't remove stock stuff unless you know how to put it back. My 2 cents.
Body Crusher Enterprises

#15 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

Yes, this will not do anything to files renamed to .bak but those don't show up in the app tray, though they do use up space.

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   AlliesBass

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for the awesome work... quick question though... can this be installed on top flyx without losing root? I tried with the last version of tranquility and lost tmroot.

#17 OFFLINE   gunkle

Droid

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

I have not lost root with any rom yet even fly to tranquility. When you rooted did you copy to the /system/bin or /system/xbin . Kinda curious to know if it really makes a difference. i saw it posted somewhere to use xbin cause it was more secure and less likely to lose root so thats what i did. When the first leak came out people said to move su and busybox from bin to xbin. I didn't and that was the only time i've lost root (except when i've had to use the .sbf but theres no way around that)
Body Crusher Enterprises

#18 OFFLINE   gregtard

Droid

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Twitter:http://bit.ly/floQYf
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

Jinxt said:

- Is this a custom-built launcher or just a different launcher than ADW? I personally like LauncherPro, is LauncherPro going to cause issue with this ROM?

- What's the messaging app like? I didn't like the one supplied with rubiX at all and was one of the reasons I went back to stock OTA. I prefer the simplicity of the stock messaging app (If I wanted 20 different protocols I would use something like Meebo, but I prefer the simplicity and stability of the stock one) but am open to trying something new if it is minimalistic, easy to use and doesn't get in the way.

-How is the contact sync set up? Is Backup Assistant still intact or is that part of blur which has been removed? This was the headline deal-breaker for me with rubiX as I wasn't able to retrieve 70% of my contacts due to them only being synced through BA (truth be told this was an issue caused by my choice of contact management but since I didn't know about it I didn't properly prep for the install). Can you recommend a 3rd party app or a better way to save and retrieve my current contacts so this isn't an issue?

I can try to help some.
I assume by "* New Laucher built from source" he used the stock launcher source and built one with maybe a few changes to make it better. I use Launcher Pro as well and have had no problems as of yet with it and have not in previous releases.

If the messaging app is the same as the last one, it is the stock Android app, not the stock Motorola app.

You can backup your contacts to Gmail and Titanium Backup is excellent for backing up everything as well.

#19 OFFLINE   gunkle

Droid

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:58 PM

its the stock android launcher i believe and not the stock moto one
Body Crusher Enterprises

#20 OFFLINE   AlliesBass

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

gunkle said:

I have not lost root with any rom yet even fly to tranquility. When you rooted did you copy to the /system/bin or /system/xbin . Kinda curious to know if it really makes a difference. i saw it posted somewhere to use xbin cause it was more secure and less likely to lose root so thats what i did. When the first leak came out people said to move su and busybox from bin to xbin. I didn't and that was the only time i've lost root (except when i've had to use the .sbf but theres no way around that)

That might be where I went wrong. I didn't realize I needed to move root to xbin.... when I rooted I used universal androot. Should I copy from bin to xbin before updating?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users