Check us out:

- - - - -

[ROM ]--CHARITY--Smoked Glass Theme V11!! Froyo 2.2.1 FRG83D Gr8 Battery&Performance

103 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   arcsum68

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

Phone totally crapped out the night before last, could not even unlock it at all. It would only let me get to 1 or 2 of the dots on the unlock pattern. I am now running this latest rom, had to wipe and reset everything. This prompted me to do some cleanup, and the phone is running much better than previously, over the last few weeks it had gotten very slow despite doing cleanup and what not.

Anyone else have issues with apps that are moved to the SD card not showing up in the menu? It was happening on the previous build and continues to occur on this one, sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. Lots of threads out in the ether when I did some googling, but nothing very helpful other than dont do it.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#62 OFFLINE   blumonkey

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

I have had that problem too... think that happened mostly when I had to wipe the phone though. I haven't wiped the phone with the latest builds, and haven't had any issues.

#63 OFFLINE   arcsum68

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

Odd, I had been running that build for quite some time without any issues until it started to get slow over the last few weeks.

#64 OFFLINE   blumonkey

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

arcsum68 said:

Odd, I had been running that build for quite some time without any issues until it started to get slow over the last few weeks.

Come to think of it, mine has gotten very slow on occasion, this last week... have restarted it a couple of times, something that helped for a day or so...maybe I should do a wipe and see what happens... then again, I might wait for another version of this great ROM to come out :)

#65 OFFLINE   arcsum68

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

blumonkey said:

Come to think of it, mine has gotten very slow on occasion, this last week... have restarted it a couple of times, something that helped for a day or so...maybe I should do a wipe and see what happens... then again, I might wait for another version of this great ROM to come out :)

To be honest that was my intention, but there has not been much activity as of late.

#66 OFFLINE   leonozug

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/BTGGTR1
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

If it's getting slow on you, go into clockwork, select advanced, and select wipe devlik cache. When reboot, it'll take longer than usual to reboot, but after that it should feel a little bit more snappy, like you just loaded it in. I do this like once a week.

Dew, you always seem to be ahead of the curve releasing Roms....when we gonna see Charity Rom 2.3.1 GRH78 build?? : )

#67 OFFLINE   simmons

Junior Droid

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Device:motorola droid 1

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

I just experienced the Google maps crash, I was just typing in a destination then it just goes to my home screen. I'm on the Droid 1.

#68 OFFLINE   simmons

Junior Droid

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Device:motorola droid 1

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

I have my CPU set at 550.

#69 OFFLINE   tortus

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

Is there anyway to update to the new market with this ROM? I have been using it since it was released by Dew. I tried taking it from another ROM and installing it, replacing it and everything but i cant get it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks

#70 OFFLINE   evander

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Droid uno

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

arcsum68 said:

Phone totally crapped out the night before last, could not even unlock it at all. It would only let me get to 1 or 2 of the dots on the unlock pattern. I am now running this latest rom, had to wipe and reset everything. This prompted me to do some cleanup, and the phone is running much better than previously, over the last few weeks it had gotten very slow despite doing cleanup and what not.

Anyone else have issues with apps that are moved to the SD card not showing up in the menu? It was happening on the previous build and continues to occur on this one, sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. Lots of threads out in the ether when I did some googling, but nothing very helpful other than dont do it.

Yea i just started experiencing this a few days ago as well. Before apps that were on sd would always take a little longer to load, no longer than 30 seconds but now they take minutes to load. Also when i try to update or install apps my they get stuck in the "installing" mode and i have to reboot to clear it! Any thoughts anyone???

#71 OFFLINE   dfib

Droid

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Device:droid 1

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

Yes. Here is a link to the new market in various colors.

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

You install it like a rom. Download the one you want to your sd card. With rom manager choose install rom from sd card and then the file you downloaded. from sprecovery rename to update and install.

Edited by dfib, 26 January 2011 - 01:52 PM.

#72 OFFLINE   tortus

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

Thank you very much, I tried looking for it on my own but couldn't find it!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#73 OFFLINE   arcsum68

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

I stopped moving apps to sd, honestly I barely notice a difference anyway. I move a 20mb app and it only frees up a few mb on my sd card when I see how much free space is available.

#74 OFFLINE   mbdub64

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Droid (rooted)

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

having problems with battery life..i got a new battery thinking my old one didnt hold its charge anymore only to find out that its happening on my new battery now, which is wierd...maybe its the phone or the rom doing this to the battery???? anyone else have this problem????

#75 OFFLINE   arcsum68

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

Let your battery drain to almost completely dead (I then reboot) then charge it. Leave it on the charger for awhile, not just until it says its full.

I have to do that every time I upgrade the rom.

#76 OFFLINE   tortus

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Also once you fully charge it go to clockwork and advanced and wipe your battery stats

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#77 OFFLINE   valk_17

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Device:moto droid smoked glass v. 11.0

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

hi all, couple of noob questions. Bought a used droid at a metropcs store when my old phone crapped out,had it flashed for metros network, later found out it was rooted by the previous owner and running smoked glass 6.0. Been wondering if I could update to 2.2 and since I like everything about the version of smoked glass I'm running now, thinking about giving this one a shot. Question is, does this have everything (firmware, baseband, kernel) included or will I have to update those first/seperately? Also, I'm going to assume the metropcs flash will have to be redone, will the instructions I've found elsewhere work the same way with this rom? Thanks in advanve for any and all help.

#78 OFFLINE   tortus

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

Go into setting and about phone and list what the baseband and kernel and rom version are. The baseband is not included in this but i believe everything else along with the kernel is. You shouldn't have to do anything since its already rooted you just download --> rename to update.zip --> turn off phone --> turn on phone while holding x on the keyboard and hold it until the recovery starts (clockwork or SP) ---> wipe data/cache --> and then install from zip --> apply update.zip

you can try doing it without wiping data/cache but it could cause problems later, safest is to wipe them both and then just start with a fresh phone. This doesnt wipe your coverage or anything.

Hope this helps~

#79 OFFLINE   dfib

Droid

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Device:droid 1

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

valk_17 said:

hi all, couple of noob questions. Bought a used droid at a metropcs store when my old phone crapped out,had it flashed for metros network, later found out it was rooted by the previous owner and running smoked glass 6.0. Been wondering if I could update to 2.2 and since I like everything about the version of smoked glass I'm running now, thinking about giving this one a shot. Question is, does this have everything (firmware, baseband, kernel) included or will I have to update those first/seperately? Also, I'm going to assume the metropcs flash will have to be redone, will the instructions I've found elsewhere work the same way with this rom? Thanks in advanve for any and all help.

I am not sure about the metropcs flash, but you should be able to flash this rom. I would wipe data and cache before I do anything.

#80 OFFLINE   hellrazer1976

Droid

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Device:moto droid

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

if you are up to beta testing the new rom

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

p.s. remember this is a beta dew has released for testing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users