Jump to content

Check us out:

- - - - -

TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader


162 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   p3droid

    Chief Of Staff

  • Administrators
  • 1,396 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

This is a series of files that will help you update different parts of your phone. These files have all been tested on Consumer phones and have worked successfully, but as with all things hacking, you are responsible for your own phone and behavior.

******** DO NOT USE ANY OF THE BELOW FILES IF YOU HAVE NOT UPDATED YOUR PHONE BEYOND 2.3.15, THESE FILES WILL NOT CREATE A FULL UPDATE FOR YOU, YOU WILL BE STUCK IN BOOTLOADER AND NEED TO USE A SBF FILE IF YOU DO ********

Install instructions for each of the files below.

1) Download
2) Restart phone with bootstap recovery
3) Select install update.zip and then select the zip you downloaded
4) Resart the phone

*** When performing the baseband update you will need to reactive using *228 ***

_____________________________________________

MBM 30.04 Updater (also known as the bootloader)

This file can be used to update your phones bootloader from any version to the current 30.04 version. Although the current files 2.3.340 and 2.3.320 both worth with 30.03 and 30.04 this will provide you with the most current MBM.

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!



_____________________________________________

2.3.340 Kernel Updater (2.6.32.9-g55626e1)

While the 2.3.320 kernel released by us will work with either the 2.3.320 or the 2.3.340 build, If you desire to have the most current build then download and install this file.

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!



_____________________________________________

BP_C_1.09.07P Baseband Updater (also known as your radio file)

Some people have found it difficult to move from the 1.09.06P baseband or have refused official Verizon updates. This file will upgrade your phones radio file to the newest 1.09.07P Baseband.

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!



_____________________________________________

2.3.340 System Updater <This file functions the same as the system only SBF file>

This file will update your phone to 2.3.340, you may want to wipe your data partition before proceeding as it can lead to a bootloop. With this file and the others above, you can completely upgrade your phone from .320 to .340 with no need for a computer.

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!


Edited by p3droid, 20 December 2010 - 04:53 PM.

Posted Image
> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!


Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

    MyDroidWorld.com



#2 OFFLINE   eulerphi8

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

p3droid you are the man! props all around!

#3 OFFLINE   gpaulu

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

Thanks TBH!

Edit: Used the Kernel updater with no problems.

Edited by gpaulu, 11 December 2010 - 12:49 AM.


#4 OFFLINE   nikon

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

I salute you good sir. On a serious note I can't put into words my gratitude for the work you and the black hat team do. Without you and other dev teams the x would be a very boring place.

#5 OFFLINE   wernotw

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

Nice work p3droid and TBH!

#6 OFFLINE   CellZealot

    Android Pro

  • Moderators
  • 414 posts
  • Device:D1,D2 dev, DX dev, D2G dev, D Pro dev, D3, Bionic

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

WOOOT!!! Nice job P3!!! :D

Folks, this is the culmination of a huge effort to deal with all of the problems encountered by many users and much consternation on our part to understand and unravel them.

Huge thanks to P3Droid for slugging through all of the hassles and confusing and contradictory results to come up with this set of files.

This represents a new level of control over the components and gives end users many options to configure their phone and recover or modify their devices safely and remain current, no matter what path they took.

We will likely package it as an all in one solution as well. which mitigates the need for full SBF files as sole means of recovery or complete loading of an entire firmware with all components.

Lots more discussion to come about how to best use all of these files in various situations to achieve best results.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for Droid and beyond

#7 OFFLINE   humungus

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:33 AM

A man of his word. Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: Coming from rubiX, kernel update led to M screen bootloop.

Reinstalled, then thought to wipe data/cache. I'd suggest wiping data/cache after kernel update.

Edited by humungus, 11 December 2010 - 12:40 AM.


#8 OFFLINE   mph122074

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

So I think this answered my question before I asked. We don't need these if we successfully updated using both sbf files, correct?

CellZealot said:

WOOOT!!! Nice job P3!!! :D

Folks, this is the culmination of a huge effort to deal with all of the problems encountered by many users and much consternation on our part to understand and unravel them.

Huge thanks to P3Droid for slugging through all of the hassles and confusing and contradictory results to come up with this set of files.

This represents a new level of control over the components and gives end users many options to configure their phone and recover or modify their devices safely and remain current, no matter what path they took.

We will likely package it as an all in one solution as well. which mitigates the need for full SBF files as sole means of recovery or complete loading of an entire firmware with all components.

Lots more discussion to come about how to best use all of these files in various situations to achieve best results.


#9 OFFLINE   eulerphi8

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:37 AM

OK applied the kernel update and am bootlooping now. I have a feeling it's the Droid Overclocker app that is causing the problem. Going to try some things and report back.

Edit: OK so somehow or another the use "Latest Module" got turned on in the Droid Overclock app. I've had this problem before and know I've turned it off and never turned it back on. Wonder if a recent update for the app turned it on or if something else did. Just something to look out for if you're bootlooping. Turning if off solves the problem.

Edited by eulerphi8, 11 December 2010 - 12:45 AM.


#10 OFFLINE   validoption

    Droid

  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

mph122074 said:

So I think this answered my question before I asked. We don't need these if we successfully updated using both sbf files, correct?

No, you do need them if you want to be current. I was on 2.3.320, used the system-only .340 sbf to get current and flashed Tranq 3.6. A quick check of About Phone reveals an older kernel and radio than the new ones posted here.

#11 OFFLINE   pitchblack86

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:http://www.twitter.com/igotadroid
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

Thanks p3droid!! Just updated my kernel. Going to assume I don't need anything else.

OT-- the TBH leak detection never let me or the other 5 droids I had with me that anything new was posted...found out from twitter. Anyway...keep up the great work.
Galaxy Nexus CDMA 4.0.4
http://www.twitter.com/igotadroid
:shots:smoke:dance:puke

#12 OFFLINE   p3droid

    Chief Of Staff

  • Administrators
  • 1,396 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

pitchblack86 said:

Thanks p3droid!! Just updated my kernel. Going to assume I don't need anything else.

OT-- the TBH leak detection never let me or the other 5 droids I had with me that anything new was posted...found out from twitter. Anyway...keep up the great work.

None of these are in the app yet, as I wanted people to actually read the directions for this first.

Posted Image
> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!


#13 OFFLINE   Ebonarm

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:14 AM

humungus said:

A man of his word. Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: Coming from rubiX, kernel update led to M screen bootloop.

Reinstalled, then thought to wipe data/cache. I'd suggest wiping data/cache after kernel update.

Same here. The kernel update made me loop, but wiping the data and cache fixed it.

#14 OFFLINE   mob87

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:30 AM

Which sbf should be used if we ever need to after applying these updates?

#15 OFFLINE   pitchblack86

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:http://www.twitter.com/igotadroid
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:31 AM

p3droid said:

None of these are in the app yet, as I wanted people to actually read the directions for this first.

Sorry I meant when the 2.3.340 sbf and Tranq 3.6 were added. I guess its my ocd but I check TBH app atleast once a day lol. Saw it was added and hopped on tweetdeck and saw it was ready to go, but never notified of the leak. No biggie. Not a complaint at all since I pretty much life by these forums and twitter/Facebook haha.
Galaxy Nexus CDMA 4.0.4
http://www.twitter.com/igotadroid
:shots:smoke:dance:puke

#16 OFFLINE   mcp770

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:17 AM

I never doubted the coolest droid nerds in the world. You just put a whole lot of folks at ease though so kudos.

#17 OFFLINE   dadsterflip

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:33 AM

you are the man! thats why you never doubt tbh! they will always come thru when they say they would.

#18 OFFLINE   je66b

    MDW Noob

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:03 AM

need a bit of help, im still new to this process and i installed everything fine up until i got to the last download files installation, installed fine according to clockwork rebooted phone and i get a black screen with some white font ill type out what it says, hopefully somebody can give me some guidance

bootloader
30.04
err:A5,69,35,00,27


battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
data cable

i dont want to thread jack or anything so if somone with some wisdom could pm me thatd be awesome, i installed all these files off of a .320 leak on droidlife (cant post the link cause i dont have 5 posts yet)

Edited by je66b, 11 December 2010 - 05:06 AM.


#19 OFFLINE   madAdam

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:51 AM

I updated my system to .340 by SBF ing with the file in the TBH app. I know I have the new bootloader. Do I need to update any of the other components (kernel, baseband or radio)?

#20 OFFLINE   CKY2K

    Junior Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Device:Droid X, G-Tab oc'ed 1.4Ghz, Asus Transformer TF101

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:02 AM

WOW!!! Thank you again p3droid and Team Black Hat :mrgreen





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users