162 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Fate0n3

Droid

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

r0cketman8906 said:

Im rooted and Running Rubix Focused 1.9.0 so he blocks OTA updates. So i have to SBF back to 2.3.12 but i cant get my damn X to get recognize on RSD Lite. I have the pc mode enabled, tried both on the config tabs, i start my phone at the bootloader screen, and I've tried two different laptops. I am so clueless now

When trying to flash an SBF your phone needs to be in bootloader not in PC mode. Shutdown the phone and press red camera button, vol down, and power. Screen will flash, release all the buttons and it should boot in bootloader. From there just read and follow all the instructions given
Droid X 2.3.3 Gingerbread

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#62 OFFLINE   GrandMasterB

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Device:MotoX

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

Fate0n3 said:

When trying to flash an SBF your phone needs to be in bootloader not in PC mode. Shutdown the phone and press red camera button, vol down, and power. Screen will flash, release all the buttons and it should boot in bootloader. From there just read and follow all the instructions given

Part of the SBF process is RSDlite booting the device into Bootloader for you. That is the way it was intended to work. It is just easier to manually put in bootloader yourself as you suggested.

GMB

#63 OFFLINE   Fate0n3

Droid

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

Is there any issues with installing the kernel update while already running Tranq 3.6.0? Or do I need to do a .340 system SBF then flash and go back to Tranq 3.6.0? I did the update using the from .15 to .340 using the info from the other thread you have with the .320 zip and .340 SBF but I do not have the latest kernel?

#64 OFFLINE   randroid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

TBH Please HELP!!!!

Im having a huge issue!!!
Im stuck on kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g55626e1
This Kernel as you know is an android 2.2.1 kernel however I have been informed that there is now an updated android 2.3 system floating about.
Can you please provide me with an update.zip package to update me to the most recent Android 2.3 system and kernel?
Thank you in Advance!

#65 OFFLINE   Fate0n3

Droid

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

ericsch333 said:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]970[/ATTACH]

i think I got everything update please let me know if this is right I am pretty sure I am but I wanted other to see it so they know also I just want to say that TBH showed everybody
again to calm down and enjoy your phones.

randroid said:

TBH Please HELP!!!!

This Kernel as you know is an android 2.2.1 kernel however I have been informed that there is now an updated android 2.3 system floating about.
Can you please provide me with an update.zip package to update me to the most recent Android 2.3 system and kernel?
Thank you in Advance!

Look at this users screen shot they have all the latest updates. See if your system version is 2.3.340 if not then follow the instructions posted early in this thread or browse down a few threads and P3 also has another great guide for updating from .15 to .340 and .320 to .340. Hope that helps some

Edited by Fate0n3, 11 December 2010 - 03:43 PM.

#66 OFFLINE   socomdark

Droid

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

randroid said:

TBH Please HELP!!!!

Thank you in Advance!

I think you have the system version mixed up with the android version. Gingerbread's source hasn't even been released so noone can even develop a gingerbread rom let alone manufacturers can't add their crapware to it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#67 OFFLINE   randroid

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

K sorry I should have added a :D after... I know Im joking... btw gingerbread has been released to Nexus one developer phones as has the SDK... It is currently being ported to pretty much every phone besides the DX and D2 (locked phones...) The incredible already has a somewhat functional rom built for it...

#68 OFFLINE   pitchblack86

Junior Droid

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:http://www.twitter.com/igotadroid

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

Fate0n3 said:

I never shut my phone down for rsdlite. Plug droid into computer, put in pc mode, open rsdlite, phone will show up, then select your sbf and it works. Never worked for me or 5 other droid x's with phone off. Just my experience.
Galaxy Nexus CDMA 4.0.4
http://www.twitter.com/igotadroid
:shots:smoke:dance:puke

#69 OFFLINE   frostyllama

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

Just to clear this up... There are reasons not to update the kernel, bootloader and (possibly) baseband, right? hope for future workaround open kernels etc?

Edited by frostyllama, 11 December 2010 - 05:20 PM.

#70 OFFLINE   socomdark

Droid

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

randroid said:

K sorry I should have added a :D after... I know Im joking... btw gingerbread has been released to Nexus one developer phones as has the SDK... It is currently being ported to pretty much every phone besides the DX and D2 (locked phones...) The incredible already has a somewhat functional rom built for it...

Lol yea I haven't been here long enough to know people here I guess. From what I here though, its not even worth making a rom without the source code and that the roms already made are very unstable

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#71 OFFLINE   r0cketman8906

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

Ok i plug in my phone, turn on pc mode, turn off my phone and start the bootloader, open rsd lite, and then once again nothing happens. ive tried two different laptops with the 32 bit drives and all that good stuff. completely dumbfounded

#72 OFFLINE   Orio

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Twitter:Orio_

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

Thanks TBH team. Everything went just fine. :D

I wondered why the ball was getting bigger...then it hit me.

Click on my twitter sneaker...
Posted Image...and follow me
@Orio_

#73 OFFLINE   Fate0n3

Droid

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

r0cketman8906 said:

Ok i plug in my phone, turn on pc mode, turn off my phone and start the bootloader, open rsd lite, and then once again nothing happens. ive tried two different laptops with the 32 bit drives and all that good stuff. completely dumbfounded

What version of RSD are you using? You need to be using 4.8 or 4.9..... Also you do have the Motorola drivers installed?

#74 OFFLINE   Fate0n3

Droid

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

pitchblack86 said:

I never shut my phone down for rsdlite. Plug droid into computer, put in pc mode, open rsdlite, phone will show up, then select your sbf and it works. Never worked for me or 5 other droid x's with phone off. Just my experience.

Yes from reading now I see that RSD will boot the phone into bootloader, as stated above I find it easier to just manually put it into bootloader... I dunno each there own lol I still like to use ADB to root tho lol Rather do it the old way... Gonna try just plugging in a phone in a few minutes and check out flashing that way.

#75 OFFLINE   r0cketman8906

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

I'm using 4.9. I installed the 32 bit drivers the error i am getting is Motorola ADB Interface driver and then it says says MB810 "insert disc that came with your MB810"

#76 OFFLINE   phissionkorps

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

no updated build.prop love?

#77 OFFLINE   rustyp2

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:dapeat
  • Device:Motorola Droid X

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

OK, so, my DX is in a bad way. I am now at 2.3.340. Baseband is at 1.09.07P. I had TBH TranQ on. Now, I have lost all my apps and when I go to install them it says they are installing but never any progress. So I downloaded z4root and put it on my sd card, but when I go to files and try to run it, it says installing - then kind-of reboots to the Tranquility screen and has to reconnect to the network and everything. It is good for a phone now - but that's about it. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

I did a factory reset - Good to go!

Edited by rustyp2, 11 December 2010 - 11:00 PM.
update

#78 OFFLINE   Nerdkill

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Device:Droid x

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

my baseband is already on 07p, and i'm already on 2.3.4.0 via the sbf, so all i need to do to be up to date is bootloader and kernel right?

#79 OFFLINE   Nerdkill

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:12 AM

man i made a big boo boo. i updated the bootloader and kernel at the same time being lazy and it put me into a boot loop that would end in clockwork. i had the 3.6 update on my phone so i tried to just flash that. dumber mistake. that sent me into boot loop with no clockwork. i then booted into stock recovery and performed a full system wipe. thank god that worked. got me back up and running supper quick. i even told myself "flash these one at a time so if something goes wrong you'll know what it is" somehow red wine makes you make decisions you know are wrong. anywhoooo. my question is this. i saw a picture someone posted to see if everything up was updated correctly and i have the same thing except for prl.

i googled and it seems that prl depends on what towers you're close to? is that correct? or do i have something wrong. WHY AM I SUCH A DUMMY!!! i really hope i didn't screw anything up because my phone was running so well on the newest build.

#80 OFFLINE   Nerdkill

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

great... now i get stuck in boot loop when i reboot. i'm thinking wipe data and reboot again, try and sbf using rsd lite?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users