Check us out:

- - - - -

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (3.0.0)

30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SVIZ

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:DROID 2

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

cdmta said:

I'm sure you can go back to a previous backup as usual. Haven't tried this rom yet. It replaces the baseband though. Not sure if you can flash without baseband. Also, there is no sbf for 3.0, so if it goes bad, i think it can go very bad-correct me if I'm wrong someone.

It is a blur rom and being so, it is slower than some custom roms that are out. That is why i haven't tried it. Pretty spoiled with the other that are out now.

I haven't tried restoring my backup over this, but it did a kernel update. I also haven't tried the latest .sbf. Sadly P3Droid posted on twitter that the days of full phone .sbf's is probably coming to and end. I'd suspect motorola is to thank for that. That being said id imagine you can sbf with the existing leak since it's the same system just a newer blur and kernel. I dunno, I haven't really gotten into this Droid 2 much since the devs favor the X. Kinda waiting it out on this phone staying mostly stock until I see what the next gen has to offer. I'll probably follow the devs that time.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#22 OFFLINE   luckyj

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid 2

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

SVIZ said:

I haven't tried profiles yet but this allows you to select additional exchange folders aside from inbox to sync in the background. So flipping amazing! Why it's taken this long I don't know, but if I want to rape my battery I'm glad motorola now let's me.

Wow, this is a MAJOR issue I've always had and seems to finally be addressed - sync'ing folders in Exchange. I actually got rid of my corporate activesync because that feature wasn't there. I just added it back, and was able to set each folder to sync automatically in the background via Settings->Data Manager->Data Delivery->Email and Corporate Sync->Folder Sync. I haven't received e-mail yet to know if it's working correctly, but this seems promising...

Update 12/29 at 11AM EST: Doesn't seem like I'm getting notifications for new e-mail in folders other than the Inbox. Sigh... :(

Edited by luckyj, 29 December 2010 - 08:59 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   SVIZ

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

Sadly I have a few issues to report.

Bluetooth music streaming A2DP volume levels are too low to be useable.
WiFi tethering with MyNet (including NVRAM patch) does not work.

Otherwise its pretty nice. Sadly I use these two features quite a bit so I may try to sbf back.

#24 OFFLINE   lazarus

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

danman1010 said:

Just installed, everything looks good except the camera app opens to a black screen and then returns to the home screen. 3rd party apps that use the camera work fine. Anyone else having this problem?

I am having the same problem so unless there is some fix for this I am going back to the version i was on before oh well..

#25 OFFLINE   SVIZ

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:57 PM

lazarus said:

I am having the same problem so unless there is some fix for this I am going back to the version i was on before oh well..

Can you test the two osseous I posted above my chance? I don't have the camera bug so I'm curious if you have the ones I have.

#26 OFFLINE   lazarus

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

SVIZ said:

Can you test the two osseous I posted above my chance? I don't have the camera bug so I'm curious if you have the ones I have.

i don't use mynet but wireless tether for root users works fine for me and the bluetooth stereo seems normal..

#27 OFFLINE   danman1010

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Droid 2

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

SVIZ said:

I use Barnacle for tethering, no issues. Bluetooth audio works fine too. However, I've discovered two more issues since upgrading:

If I try to use Voice Commands through a Bluetooth headset, the audio goes through the phone instead of the headset. However, if I place a call via Voice Command, the call is still routed through the headset as normal.

The other problem is that I'm not getting any audio when using navigation. This one's a big issue for me for obvious reasons.

#28 OFFLINE   jdog94

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

i sbfed back and it returned my kernel back to normal

#29 OFFLINE   gfcdean

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Device:Rooted Droid 2.2 Froyo on Verizon

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

How about Droid 1?? Will it work on that?

#30 OFFLINE   dadi83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:droid 2

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

can someone upload this files in the different uploader i cant download from this links which they are in here..thanka

#31 OFFLINE   willv624

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Motorola Backflip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

links are broken

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users