#21 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts
  • Twitter:@NatttyBee
  • Device:Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

fireiscool said:

Alright so ill go blurless for this. So i copy the file to the sd card as the zip?
Yes, place the DarkSlide_v4.1.zip file on your sd card...but don’t use Rom Manager to install...i've sent you some instructions to take you from 2.3.15 to 2.3.32, and then to install DarkSlideV4.1, which will update you to 2.3.34 as part of it's install process...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#22 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

fireiscool said:

Alright thanks for that link, now that ive gotten on track and worked with some of the programs i understand now...thanks jm. i should get along with out any problems now.
If you have any questions- don’t be afraid to ask :)

#23 OFFLINE   fireiscool

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

Ok so how do i go about wiping the data/cache and formatting for the install of 2.3.32

#24 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

fireiscool said:

Ok so how do i go about wiping the data/cache and formatting for the install of 2.3.32
For that go back to wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache, both in the main Clockwork menu...
Just press the power button to go backwards through the Ckockwork menus...

#25 OFFLINE   fireiscool

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

im hanging at the M :/

#26 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

fireiscool said:

im hanging at the M :/

Hmm...you followed through every step of that exactly? Don’t worry, we'll get it workin....oh, how long hangin at M? First boot does take a bit...

#27 OFFLINE   fireiscool

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

hmm i let it sit for a few minutes...maybe not long enough. ill let it sit for a bit and report back. are we talkin like close to 5 minutes or just a few minutes?

#28 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

fireiscool said:

hmm i let it sit for a few minutes...maybe not long enough. ill let it sit for a bit and report back. are we talkin like close to 5 minutes or just a few minutes?
No, just a few...

#29 OFFLINE   fireiscool

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

yeah its hangin for 5 minutes now.

#30 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

fireiscool said:

yeah its hangin for 5 minutes now.

Ok...plan B...you pulled the battery yet?

#31 OFFLINE   fireiscool

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

yeah i pulled the battery and i held the button combo to get me into the boot menu for recovery

#32 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

fireiscool said:

yeah i pulled the battery and i held the button combo to get me into the boot menu for recovery

Ok...well, clearly something went wrong...the recivery you reached this was will be factory recovery...you can try wipe data/factory reset and then reboot, but if that doesn't work we'll have to sbf...you do have a pc, right?

#33 OFFLINE   fireiscool

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

yeah im on a pc.

#34 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

fireiscool said:

yeah im on a pc.
Ok, sent you sbf instructions...you need to get the latest Motorola drivers...

#35 OFFLINE   fireiscool

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

alright everythings good to go and im running on darkslide 4.1. Thanks JMTownsend83, you're the man.

#36 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:08 AM

fireiscool said:

alright everythings good to go and im running on darkslide 4.1. Thanks JMTownsend83, you're the man.
You're quite welcome my friend, i'm glad you got it running :)

#37 OFFLINE   -Ö¿Ö-

Droid

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:59 AM

JMTownsend83 said:

Yes, place the DarkSlide_v4.1.zip file on your sd card...but don’t use Rom Manager to install...i've sent you some instructions to take you from 2.3.15 to 2.3.32, and then to install DarkSlideV4.1, which will update you to 2.3.34 as part of it's install process...

I'm going from D1 to a DX for Christmas...I'm very accustomed to using Rom Manager to install ROMs. You say here NOT to use it to install Darkslide (which I'm already downloaded and waiting to do), why NOT Rom Manager?
-Ö¿Ö-

#38 Guest_Jolly_*

• Guests

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

-Ö¿Ö- said:

I'm going from D1 to a DX for Christmas...I'm very accustomed to using Rom Manager to install ROMs. You say here NOT to use it to install Darkslide (which I'm already downloaded and waiting to do), why NOT Rom Manager?

Bootstrap was specificly Designed to be used with the Moto locked bootloader Rom Manager wasn't.

#39 OFFLINE   NattyBee

Android Master

• Moderators
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

-Ö¿Ö- said:

If you notice, the install instructions call for "mount system" which you can't do via rom manager...also, rom manager doesn't include the OP instructions...many errors occur due to people installing via rom manager and missing important details (for example, DarkSlide 4.1 is built on system version 2.3.34, and can update your system from 2.3.32, but if one is on an older system version,they must update their system first or they will encounter issues. You have no idea how many people miss this important detail, lol). The best way is to get it from the source- read ALL instructions, and follow them EXACTLY. Trust me, these guys know what they are talking about....;) if the OP states you must install while standing on your left foot, touching you right toes with your left fingers- you better do it :p
But on the serious side...Rom Manager is a good toll on the D1, but it too often leads to issues on the DX. :)

#40 OFFLINE   -Ö¿Ö-

Droid

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:58 AM

Jolly said:

Bootstrap was specificly Designed to be used with the Moto locked bootloader Rom Manager wasn't.

Sorta thought that there would be issues with this but wasn't sure...thanks for the quick reply!

JMTownsend83 said:

If you notice, the install instructions call for "mount system" which you can't do via rom manager...also, rom manager doesn't include the OP instructions...many errors occur due to people installing via rom manager and missing important details (for example, DarkSlide 4.1 is built on system version 2.3.34, and can update your system from 2.3.32, but if one is on an older system version,they must update their system first or they will encounter issues. You have no idea how many people miss this important detail, lol). The best way is to get it from the source- read ALL instructions, and follow them EXACTLY. Trust me, these guys know what they are talking about....;) if the OP states you must install while standing on your left foot, touching you right toes with your left fingers- you better do it :p
But on the serious side...Rom Manager is a good toll on the D1, but it too often leads to issues on the DX. :)

And if while standing on my left foot, touching my right toes with my left fingers I drop my phone...my bad :b
Intended to follow directions but was just wondering why not...didn't realize that Rom Manager hasn't been modded to utilize the Bootstrap yet.

And in case I don't get back to do any more reading or posting until after Christmas and just to be PC (Publicly Christian was way before Politically Correct), Merry Christmas to all and a Very Happy New Year!
-Ö¿Ö-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users