Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

131 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

After so many requests for the full Droid 2 Global SBF Team Black Hat and MyDroidWorld are releasing the full 2.4.29 SBF for the Droid 2 Global.

We have heard many people state that they do not wish to support TBH by donating or buying the app in the market place. So with new members to the TBH family we would like to explain why the app and what we use it for.

==================================

Why the app?

To get the files that we have unique access to, we have had to expend great sums of money. Because of this expenditure, and our pockets not being limitless, we decided to build an app that would self sustain Team Black Hat, so that the access to these files may remain open. Another reason is this keeps the lines open to the files so that you may be able to access through multiple channels.

We have always asked that those who do have the TBH app to not post the contents of the app before we release them publicly. They are given to the holders of the TBH app early as a way of saying thank you for supporting Team Black Hat. We know that some will not adhere to our requests but to those who do, thank you very much.

You will find the download links in the following post.

If you like our work consider donating --------------->

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

If you like our site consider becoming a supporting member ----------> Supporting Members

Edited by p3droid, 02 January 2011 - 11:14 PM.

Posted Image
> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR INSTALL, YOUR BATTERY MUST BE FULLY CHARGED

Use at your own risk MyDroidWorld and Team Black Hat assume no liability for what you may do to your device

2.4.29 SBF Download -

2.4.29 SBF Download -

SBF File md5sum = 389acd9eb74a4f2c2ca2b8a08e9ab502

RSDlite 4.9 with Drivers -

If you are not familiar on how to use RSDLite here is a brief overview

Method 1: While phone is on
Switch your device to PC mode
Turn on debugging mode (settings>applications>development>debugging mode)
Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF
Start
Device will switch to bootloader and begin the flashing process and will reboot when it is complete.

Method 2: While phone is off
To manually put your device in bootloader mode:
Turn off device
press and hold the up and down volume buttons
power on device (continue to hold the up and down volume buttons)
wala - you are in bootloader mode
Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF
Start

=========================================

If you like our work consider donating --------------->

If you like our site consider becoming a supporting member ----------> Supporting Members

Edited by p3droid, 03 January 2011 - 05:57 AM.

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   aceperkins

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid 2 Global

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

An easier way to get to bootloader mode would be to hold the up arrow on your keyboard while powering on your phone. Just thought I would throw that out there since i find it difficult to hold the up and down volume buttons while powering on my phone. Thanks to P3droid and Cellzealot for all their hard work.

#4 OFFLINE   Currentweb

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:@CurrentWeb

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'm downloading now, I'll see if it is going to help my brick!
Oh, and one question. Can I downgrade from 2.4.30 using this SBF? I know most devices can't, but I heard that is was working with the Global.

#5 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

Currentweb said:

I'm downloading now, I'll see if it is going to help my brick!
Oh, and one question. Can I downgrade from 2.4.30 using this SBF? I know most devices can't, but I heard that is was working with the Global.

Yes you can.

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   CellZealot

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 414 posts
  • Device:D1,D2 dev, DX dev, D2G dev, D Pro dev, D3, Bionic

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

Yes, you can use this file on either version and it will work and the OTA update should work afterward to bring you to the current 2.4.33 release.

I have flashed back to 2.4.29 from 2.4.33 on my consumer D2G without any issues.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for Droid and beyond

#7 OFFLINE   Currentweb

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:@CurrentWeb

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

OK, it worked! Had a few bumps along the way, but nothing too major. Now, another question because I haven't had to do this in forever and don't remember much...
I have been saving my nandroid backups onto my computer, so I still have them. Can I restore to one of the backups even though I used the SBF to go back to stock?
EDIT - I'm sorry, where are my manners. Thank you to the entire Team Black Hat team, and especially to P3Droid and CellZealot, for all your hard work. And the dealing with my questions :)

Edited by Currentweb, 03 January 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   pjjameso

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

Ok, seems Im a bit stuck at the point where you should see the device after starting RSDLite. Have tried both methods, phone on and phone off but when i press the show device button nothing appears in the window of RSDLite. I have tried to install the 64 bit drivers on my win 7 pro machine but it aborts saying i have a more current set installed. Any thoughts to the issue?

#9 OFFLINE   p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:15 AM

pjjameso said:

Ok, seems Im a bit stuck at the point where you should see the device after starting RSDLite. Have tried both methods, phone on and phone off but when i press the show device button nothing appears in the window of RSDLite. I have tried to install the 64 bit drivers on my win 7 pro machine but it aborts saying i have a more current set installed. Any thoughts to the issue?

I would suggest you uninstall your drivers and reinstall them.

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   pjjameso

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

K, uninstalled both rsd lite and drivers then reinstalled both. No luck on seeing D2G in RSD Lite. Im running the Fission Rom, that shouldnt have anything to do with it, correct? USB debugging is on as is Mass Storage and I can see the drive from the D2G on my PC. Just no joy in seeing the device info in RSD Lite, what should it say?

#11 OFFLINE   CellZealot

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

You should select PC Mode from USB drop menu not Mass Storage.

ADB is not accessed nor is that interface initialized for flashing in RSD Lite.

If you have just loaded the drivers or have never flashed before on your PC then it will load several new devices when the phone is switched to bootloader.
These are the flash interfaces required for RSD Lite to flash the SBF file.

It is generally fine to have this occur after you have already started the flash in RSD Lite but be sure they all load successfully or the flash may fail.

You can also manually put the phone in bootloader by holding the up arrow key on physical keyboard while hitting power.

Then connect to PC and RSD Lite will see the device as an S Flash device and flash normally.

Edited by CellZealot, 04 January 2011 - 11:55 PM.

CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

#12 OFFLINE   VinhNhi

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

I used the RSD 4.9 but I did not know why, it just started at the droid logo, and rebooted time after time. I couldn't do anything with it since I just have the rsd 4.9 but not the drivers. I searched on google but the drivers seem nowhere to be found. Pls reupload the Drivers.
RSD told me to power up the phone manually, but the result was still "IN Process", and my D2G kept on rebooting, I had to take the battery out to stop it. It still can access the Boot Loader screen, but I really I do not know what to do next. I am using WIndows 7 32 bit. PLS help me. Thank you very much!

#13 OFFLINE   CellZealot

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

You need to boot into recovery by holding X key and pressing power. Then wipe data and cache and your phone will boot normally again.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

#14 OFFLINE   pjjameso

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

CellZealot said:

You should select PC Mode from USB drop menu not Mass Storage.

ADB is not accessed nor is that interface initialized for flashing in RSD Lite.

If you have just loaded the drivers or have never flashed before on your PC then it will load several new devices when the phone is switched to bootloader.
These are the flash interfaces required for RSD Lite to flash the SBF file.

It is generally fine to have this occur after you have already started the flash in RSD Lite but be sure they all load successfully or the flash may fail.

You can also manually put the phone in bootloader by holding the up arrow key on physical keyboard while hitting power.

Then connect to PC and RSD Lite will see the device as an S Flash device and flash normally.

Thanks for the help, found the problem. I cannot for the life of me get the MTP USB Device to load. Have uninstalled drivers, updated with 4.8.0 from the Moto site, upgraded my bios etc. Still no go. Any thoughts?

#15 OFFLINE   deepsee

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:D2G

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

The RSDlite 4.9 link is bad, I have 4.8 will that work? BTW thanks for all your hard work!

#16 OFFLINE   rusty815

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:droid 2 global

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

hey everyone, i have a major problem, i have used the sbf to revert to stock, and its stuck in a boot loop, but i cant get into recovery, what do i do?

#17 OFFLINE   rusty815

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:droid 2 global

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:20 AM

nevermind, i solved my problem, didnt know i had to push the space bar to open up the menu for recovery mode, problem solved.

#18 OFFLINE   VinhNhi

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:26 AM

CellZealot said:

You need to boot into recovery by holding X key and pressing power. Then wipe data and cache and your phone will boot normally again.

If there was a thanks button, I would click it a thousand times, thanks so much!

#19 OFFLINE   cosmin

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

does this unblock the radio? so will the users be able to use it on T-mobile/ATT network?

#20 OFFLINE   CellZealot

Android Pro

• Moderators
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

No, this does not unlock the radio either for foreign SIMs or for the US bands for AT&T and T-Mobile.

This is a stock file for the VZW firmware from Motorola. It is not hacked or altered in any way.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Google