#1 nvmehaterz

nvmehaterz

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:mytouch 4g

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

i had somone make me a boot screen animation. but i would like step by step instructions on how to load it to my phone thanks in advance

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 09:30 AM

#2 fasteddie7

fasteddie7

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Device:thunderbolt

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:45 AM

First you need to be rooted. Next you'll need an app called root explorer. I will look up where the file is on a my touch (it's in media on my droid x) there will be a file named bootanimation.zip in it. Change the zip extension to bak. Make sure you click the read only button at the top right to r/w (read and write) next place your new bootanimation.zip in there. reboot and enjoy

Edit- it is located in system/customize/resource

More details here Custom Boot Animations - xda-developers

Edited by fasteddie7, 06 January 2011 - 06:58 AM.

#3 p3droid

p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

First you need to be rooted. Next you'll need an app called root explorer. I will look up where the file is on a my touch (it's in media on my droid x) there will be a file named bootanimation.zip in it. Change the zip extension to bak. Make sure you click the read only button at the top right to r/w (read and write) next place your new bootanimation.zip in there. reboot and enjoy

Edit- it is located in system/customize/resource

More details here Custom Boot Animations - xda-developers

I'm not sure what device/phone those directions are for but the op needs to state that as the process is different.

BUT you do NOT need to be rooted you simply need to know adb and be able to push your file to /data/local <-------- will work on any and all devices.

Posted Image
> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users