#1 X-Factor

X-Factor

Droid

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOzark, AL
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

I have been trying to make a custom boot animation, but for the life of me I can not get it to work. Would anybody pick up the task of creating it for me or at least show me what I am doing wrong. I have followed just about every tutorial I have found on the internet and nothing seems to work.....HELP!
Sent from my G-Nexus

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 04:04 AM

#2 Daali

Daali

Droid

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/Daali
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:04 AM

What is the issue when you run yours? black screen?

Make sure you are using 7zip to zip up your bootanimation.zip and using "STORE" as the compression method not "NORMAL" which is default.
Droid X Tranquility 3.6.0
1GHz undervolted@49, 800MHz@44, 600MHz@30, 300MHz@19

#3 truckrod

truckrod

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Device:DROIDX

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

You Can also do this if you are rooted and have root explorer.
download the bootanimation you like after the download if it is not named bootanimation.zip then you have to rename it to bootanimation.zip
in root explorer go to System/ media check the box at the top to r/w then long press on bootanimation tap permission and take a note of the configuration of the check marks
Now for the download file
I take it out of the download file and make a file name boots.
thenin boots file name what's the actual bootanimation is
then placed the boot animation in the name of the file you created the name of the bootanimation
I do this because I have several bootanimations to keep them separate not to get them all mixed up because they have to be named bootanimation.zip for them to work.
In root explore go to the boots/your name of file/bootanimation.zip long press on that bootanimation.zip choose copy then you're back up arrow go back
go to system/media there is the bootanimation now at the top of the page turn the r/o to r/w with the little square box window
Now paste it there then it will say are you sure you want to replace this file. Yes
After that Long press on the bootanimation that you just put there . Make sure the Permissions . reader to write menu is the same as the stock one.. that you looked at earlier before you changed it make sure all the checks r the same. Back out .then reboot

Edited by truckrod, 07 January 2011 - 11:56 AM.

:stirNOT A ANDROID NOOB :stir bin at android for 3years:emo_im_wtf:

#4 p3droid

p3droid

Chief Of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,396 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

What is the issue when you run yours? black screen?

Make sure you are using 7zip to zip up your bootanimation.zip and using "STORE" as the compression method not "NORMAL" which is default.

Daali,

7zip is not the answer. I was following up on a tip I had and yep, 7zip was causing problems even in store mode. I have found that using Winzip and using its zero compression mode has a 100% success rate, while 7zip and its no compression was successful 9/10 times.

I have switced to winzip. just as a fyi.

Posted Image
> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!

#5 X-Factor

X-Factor

Droid

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOzark, AL
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:56 AM

Thanks for the advice everybody. I used 7zip and it worked like a charm. Now if I can only figure out the sound issue. I am trying to install a sound for the boot I created, but I am having no luck. I have converted the file to ogg format, put "s android.ogg" (without quotes of course) in the desc.txt, and put the file into the system/media folder but still no luck. Any ideas?
Sent from my G-Nexus

#6 Daali

Daali

Droid

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/Daali
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

Daali,

7zip is not the answer. I was following up on a tip I had and yep, 7zip was causing problems even in store mode. I have found that using Winzip and using its zero compression mode has a 100% success rate, while 7zip and its no compression was successful 9/10 times.

I have switced to winzip. just as a fyi.

Great to know P3Droid!. I haven't had a failure yet, but I have winzip as well. I get so used to recommending 7zip because of opensource. Hopefully they will fix it =)
Droid X Tranquility 3.6.0
1GHz undervolted@49, 800MHz@44, 600MHz@30, 300MHz@19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users