Photo
- - - - -

Finally Finished Custom Boot Animation, CHECK IT OUT!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 X-Factor

X-Factor

Droid

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOzark, AL
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw5Sc_HjKpc

Hope everybody enjoys this, it took what seems like forever to throw this together. Now that I'm done and figured everything out, I wanna do another! LOL:yahoo

edit: if anybody has any suggestions to make it a little better I welcome CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, so all you haters just keep it shut....also I credit on youtube, so I will here as well. The screaming portion or the animation is credited to WJD Designs and an unknown source for the dancing portions. I just threw it together and added sound.

*SHARING IS CARING* LOL

*As per request here is the link for the files for the boot animation.
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
(Download Each file individually, unless you have Pro Account then click on "Download This Folder" tab)

*You must download each file, then place each file individually onto your sdcard then use Root Explorer, or push individually using ADB commands for the next steps.

*I have attached both sounds. They are in ogg format and need to be placed in the /system/media folder (Use Root Explorer or ADB commands).

*I have also attached the bootanimationfile.zip which the bootanimation.bin needs to be extracted then placed in the /system/bin folder. Rename the original and move it to your sdcard first. It is the R2D2 bootanimation.bin file which is needed to play sounds during boot.

#Attached is the bootnaimation.zip which needs to be placed in the /system/media folder.

*After you place all the files in the correct folders, go to /data/local file and change bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak

*Then you should be partying like a rock star...LOL

Edited by X-Factor, 14 January 2011 - 01:51 AM.

Sent from my G-Nexus

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted Today, 10:59 PM

#2 socomdark

socomdark

Droid

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

Hope everybody enjoys this, it took what seems like forever to throw this together. Now that I'm done and figured everything out, I wanna do another! LOL:yahoo

edit: if anybody has any suggestions to make it a little better I welcome CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, so all you haters just keep it shut....also I credit on youtube, so I will here as well. The screaming portion or the animation is credited to WJD Designs and an unknown source for the dancing portions. I just threw it together and added sound.

Oh man that had me rolling. Good job. I don't think you can get any better than that

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#3 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:15 AM

That's awesome. Good Job.

#4 ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:11 AM

That was amazing. I couldn't stop laughing. Definitely one of the best boot animations. I like how he actually danced to the beat. Great job.

if yoda had a droid he would be running darkslide.

#5 juggalofx

juggalofx

Droid

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:51 AM

Very nice. You plan on sharing at all? I would love to rock this

Droid x v 2.3.588 Gingerbread
Launcher : ADW EX / O.C'd : 1.3Ghz, 1Ghz, 800Mhz, 400Mhz (under volt)
:yahoo:yahoo

#6 tony1208

tony1208

Droid

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Device:Droid X w/GB

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

Lol awesom ....when are you gonna share it?

#7 moosc

moosc

Android Master

• VIP
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC
  • Twitter:moosc
  • Device:DroidX on CM7, XOOM WITH HAMMERHEAD, DROID BIONIC ON STEROIDS 893..

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

Very funny. Add some Andys popping out along the screen sides.

Sent from DroidX running DarkSlide4.2

#8 matjmonk

matjmonk

Android Pro

• VIP
  • 359 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Add me to the "will you share" wishlist!!!!

#9 X-Factor

X-Factor

Droid

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOzark, AL
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

Add me to the "will you share" wishlist!!!!

I have edited the OP and posted a link to the folder containing each file. Read OP for instructions. ENJOY!!
Sent from my G-Nexus

#10 juggalofx

juggalofx

Droid

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:17 AM

Thank you for sharing the files. I have come to the fact that sound with boot will never happen for me haha. I did everything like you said and the animation works with out sound. But that's fine. Still look sweet. I think my x doesn't like sound. I have followed even the r2d2 steps to no lock. Even update.zip flashes that work for everyone else fails haha. I will record mine later with credit to you tyvm :)

Droid x v 2.3.588 Gingerbread
Launcher : ADW EX / O.C'd : 1.3Ghz, 1Ghz, 800Mhz, 400Mhz (under volt)
:yahoo:yahoo

#11 tony1208

tony1208

Droid

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Device:Droid X w/GB

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

works like a charm lol haha...

#12 matjmonk

matjmonk

Android Pro

• VIP
  • 359 posts
  • Device:DroidX

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

I finally had a chance to install this and it worked great! Thanks for the files and instructions! One word of warning to others though, the sounds are fairly loud during the animation so if your at work (not that I would do this there) be mindful young padawans!

After thought: Can anyone tell me how to control the sound level of the bootanimation? I've done some searching and I can see where you can enable/disable sounds but not how to control the volume. On my DX, the first half of this animation is really, really loud and the second half is played at a liveable volume. i'm suspecting it has to do with the actual soundfiles themelves but thought I would ask around.

Thanks

Edited by matjmonk, 04 February 2011 - 08:12 AM.
Just thought of something!

If at first you don't succeed ...
SBF it!

:computer

#13 Hawaiian

Hawaiian

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Device:Droid X, Dro[id 1

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

Ok, so I followed all the steps n now I'm stuck with no audio n a blankscreen at boot. Hrrp please . Im on .596 liberty .7

#14 torino216

torino216

Droid

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@torino216
  • Device:droid x

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

That is awesome cant wait to get home to loda it up. Fantastic job!

#15 torino216

torino216

Droid

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

ok how do i extract the bin file. I open the zip file but can not find the bin file. Could you tell me what i'm doing wrong.

#16 lostmind

lostmind

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

I am using darkside X, I followed the instructions got no sound and no animation. After the red M it went blank and no animation no sound. Put the original bootanimation bin file back in, I then got the animation but no sound. Any ideas ?

#17 torino216

torino216

Droid

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

I had that same issue. I love the animation just wish it would work on my phone.

#18 CheapTabletsSuck

CheapTabletsSuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Device:Dutch Qware TB-1007

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

Yeah, It looks pretty good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users