22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sensatti

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Device:Droid Bionic

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

Here's the latest official full SBF for the Droid 2 Global. This will put you back to the latest OTA 2.4.33 stock without the need to do any other upgrade after. Flash with rsd lite.

As with any file of this nature posted on a forum site, use at your own risk but know this is the official VZW SBF file.

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   dinlaca

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid 2 Global

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:22 AM

Can anyone mirror this on another server? The link is no longer up.

#3 OFFLINE   LZMF1

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:(Moto Droid+ Droid 2 Global-both retired) HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:40 AM

dinlaca said:

Can anyone mirror this on another server? The link is no longer up.

yes, someone please do that! i need this .sbf badly.

#4 OFFLINE   sid_wisc

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

LZMF1 said:

yes, someone please do that! i need this .sbf badly.

:fact you do not need this particular SBF. the old one (2.4.29) will work just fine.. Use RSD lite 4.9 and flash this one and then make sure to go in the recovery and then wipe data and cache and your phone will boot normally again. It will then download the new OTA update and you can install it to get the 2.4.33 version.. (I have done it twice already so know first hand):facepalm

If you have not performed the SBF flash before here are some suggestions: Before you take on to SBF make sure to have the moto software from the moto website that will help you to do the SBF'ing without any errors and also run the RSD lite in administrative mode.

Also read the http://www.mydroidwo...ll-rsdlite.html for some suggestions in case you are not familiar with the RSD lite flash...

You can get the motorola software from here

Edited by sid_wisc, 15 March 2011 - 01:30 PM.
add weblinks

#5 OFFLINE   LZMF1

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:35 PM

the only reason why i need it is that my d2g seems to go into global mode and then when i switch it to CDMA (being that i'm in the US) none of my TXT messages go through. i've been trying to find a solution to this problem but i have gotten nowhere FAST! i don't need my SIM card unlocked nor do i need it in global or GSM mode. i just want it to work again.

forgot to mention that i have read all the info you linked to and i have successfully done all of that. it's just driving me crazy that my stupid phone won't send TXT messages now. i can't figure out why.

Edited by LZMF1, 15 March 2011 - 01:37 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   sid_wisc

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

Did you perform a factory reset to see if that will help. I do not use the text thingy that much so cannot comment on it but i have having certain other issues and according to my readings on different forums i would like to give the factory reset a try and see if that will help.
Did you talk to the tech support to see if they have anything to say about it!

Also I would let the phone stay in global mode that will not create any issue (as per the tech support guy I talked to) best of luck with everything!

#7 OFFLINE   LZMF1

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

been there, done that, got a t-shirt and washed it twice and i'm still having problems sending TXT messages. thnx for trying to help me out. eventually i'll find a solution..............

#8 OFFLINE   Bigun

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Droid 2 Global - A956

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

sid_wisc said:

Did you perform a factory reset to see if that will help. I do not use the text thingy that much so cannot comment on it but i have having certain other issues and according to my readings on different forums i would like to give the factory reset a try and see if that will help.
Did you talk to the tech support to see if they have anything to say about it!

Also I would let the phone stay in global mode that will not create any issue (as per the tech support guy I talked to) best of luck with everything!

I had this same issue, a factory reset worked for me.

#9 OFFLINE   Xplorer4x4

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Device:Droid 2 Global

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

sid_wisc said:

:fact you do not need this particular SBF. the old one (2.4.29) will work just fine.. Use RSD lite 4.9 and flash this one and then make sure to go in the recovery and then wipe data and cache and your phone will boot normally again. It will then download the new OTA update and you can install it to get the 2.4.33 version.. (I have done it twice already so know first hand):facepalm

If you have not performed the SBF flash before here are some suggestions: Before you take on to SBF make sure to have the moto software from the moto website that will help you to do the SBF'ing without any errors and also run the RSD lite in administrative mode.

Also read the mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-2-global-discussions/6043-droid-2-global-sbf-file-2-4-29-full-rsdlite.html for some suggestions in case you are not familiar with the RSD lite flash...

Sure we can grab the OTA update, but 3G is typically pretty slow here for one, and for two I have a data cap on my home internet so I have to use it wisley, and am stuck with this carrier, so for me the 330 SBF would be very nice to have. Maybe some one could post the MD5 hash if they got the 330 sbf? I downloaded the 330 sbf else where and wanted to make sure it was legit.

#10 OFFLINE   LZMF1

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:11 AM

i ditched the D2G and got a Thunderbolt. i rooted it and have had no problems with it at all

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

#11 OFFLINE   Xplorer4x4

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

Found the SBF else where, heres a reup,

Edited by Xplorer4x4, 17 May 2011 - 02:27 AM.

#12 OFFLINE   Xplorer4x4

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

Here are the moto drivers and RSD Lite 4.9.

Edited by Xplorer4x4, 20 May 2011 - 04:24 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   EvanSexton90

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:D2G

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hey,

I am very new to hacking phones and whatnot. I believe i bricked my phone. I rooted it and was installing an app that asked me to restart my phone before use....so i did and it looped the droid bootup screen. i was reading other posts and i reset my phone hoping that would solve the issue but it didnt work. I really need help

#14 OFFLINE   bpl0477

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:droid2 global

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Is there a working d2g sbf out there anywhere, Links would be greatly appriciated

#15 OFFLINE   sensatti

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:00 AM

bpl0477 said:

Is there a working d2g sbf out there anywhere, Links would be greatly appriciated

I'll re up the one I had if you still need it. Let me know.

#16 OFFLINE   Foss870

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:droid 2 global

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

I need the sfb file!!

#17 OFFLINE   skazl

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

Okay, so I downloaded the Motorola drivers, RSD Lite v4.9, and the sbf files from above. But I hit "Start" (on RSD), and it says flash failed. Can someone please help? I just want to undue everything I've done to my Droid 2 Global so I can update and be done with the bugs and bad battery of custom ROM's. Maybe I'll try again later, but for now stock would make me more than happy. Thanks!

#18 OFFLINE   Bierz68

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

The link is bad. It says the file cannot be found. Is there anywhere else you would suggest looking?

#19 OFFLINE   sensatti

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

Bierz68 said:

The link is bad. It says the file cannot be found. Is there anywhere else you would suggest looking?

I still have the file and will try and upload it by the morning if anyone is still looking for it just pm me :)

Sent from the Blazin Bionic.

#20 OFFLINE   fchavez11386

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:Droid X / Droid 2 Global

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Buddy gave me this D2G for Verizon, but was Falshed to Cricket, trying to get my D2G back to Verizon stock sbf, but keep getting an error when flashing...i get the error at the below part:Attached File  2012-01-07_113153.jpg   87.92K   74 downloads

any help will be appreciated to get past this...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users