Check us out:

- - - - -

Droid 2 stuck at bootloader, am i doomed??

6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   aampudia

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Droid 2 (A955)

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:17 AM

hi everyone!! let me tell you that this is my first post in this forum... and im posting it because im really worried and i hope you guys can help me out!!! heres the story:

i have a droid 2, had flashed the full 2.3.20 SBF when i got it just to update it, then i tried several roms, and i was trying APEX 1.4.1, but the wifi wouldn't start, so i went to the TBH app, and downloaded a rom that said "2.4.5 from R2-D2" or something like that, but some apps where duplicated, so i wanted to start all over again, and the stupid me flashed the SBF again (without going back to 2.3.20 rom again).... oh shouldn't have done that.. now its stuck in the bootloader and when i try to flash with the SBF at 99% it says "Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode",

so the question here is: is there or will be there an "updated" SBF that could "unbrick" my phone?? is there something else i could do?? or im pretty much doomed?? please help me!! im really thankful for what i've learned and got in this forum, and if you help me fix this i'll be the most loyal of your fans!!! haha i swear!!

Edited by aampudia, 04 March 2011 - 01:57 PM.
orthography

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#2 OFFLINE   blueis300

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:98ls1
  • Device:Thunderbolt

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR INSTALL, YOUR BATTERY MUST BE FULLY CHARGED

Use at your own risk MyDroidWorld and Team Black Hat assume no liability for what you may do to your device

2.4.29 SBF Download - Download

2.4.29 SBF Download - Mirror Download

SBF File md5sum = 389acd9eb74a4f2c2ca2b8a08e9ab502

RSDlite 4.9 with Drivers - Download

If you are not familiar on how to use RSDLite here is a brief overview

Method 1: While phone is on
Switch your device to PC mode
Turn on debugging mode (settings>applications>development>debugging mode)
Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF
Start
Device will switch to bootloader and begin the flashing process and will reboot when it is complete.

Method 2: While phone is off
To manually put your device in bootloader mode:
Turn off device
press and hold the up and down volume buttons
power on device (continue to hold the up and down volume buttons)
wala - you are in bootloader mode
Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF
Start

=========================================

#3 OFFLINE   blueis300

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:98ls1
  • Device:Thunderbolt

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

Do a search for droid 2 sbf. Its on this site but i cant post links yet.

#4 OFFLINE   aampudia

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Droid 2 (A955)

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

thanks for your answer, Blueis300!!! i really appreciate it!! im familiar with RSD and flashing... it was just a lapsus, but let me ask you, isn't the Full SBF version 2.4.29 for Droid 2 GLOBAL?? thats the only one i found yesterday... or is this one you were trying to send me the link to a version for Droid 2?? no global or R2D2?? because as far as i know they are not compatible.. or are they??
well... if you could paste the link somehow i would be very thankful!! (splitting the url works, i think)
and i'll try to flash with the one i got, i mean... its all messed up anyway... =(
and thanks again, Blueis300!!

#5 OFFLINE   Kevcube

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Device:Droid 2

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

Blueis just completely copied and pasted that from somewhere else, it doesn't even have the right file names for the Droid 2. What you need is the Droid 2 2.3.20 sbf, search the forum for "triple threat"

I can't be completely sure that the 2.3.20 SBF will save you, the installation of the R2-D2 rom MAY have updated your bootloader to some incompatible version, but you're probably fine. Make sure you have 2.3.20 and not 2.2.20, I had that issue once.

Provided you have the right drivers installed and all that, you should be fine, but if you still can't get past the bootloader, your phone is done. Unless Moto gives us everything we need to unlock our devices, you might as well get an insurance replacement, but claiming it under warranty would be fraud, so I can't say I condone that or would advise it, however I hear it works fairly well.

#6 OFFLINE   benjamintirons

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Motorola Droid 2

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

I know this thread is old but I want to encourage you all that there is hope to fix Bootloader issue. I wigged out when it happened to me and I definitely could not afford another phone. First of all you have to have a full battery to fix things on your phone if you are stuck at this point. Secondly, the problem is not that you flashed the files wrong, rather that the files themselves were not valid files. The files you need in order to restore your Droid 2 are "VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf" and "BL_D235_cdma_droid2_Consumer_replacer_HSPart.sbf". I don't have the actual links on here but just cut and paste these file paths into google and you should be able to find where to download them. When you flash them using RSD Lite, DO NOT edit or replace any files in the RSD directory...just use it as it comes. Bottom line is that people need to stop linking others to bad .sbf files and everything will be fine.

#7 OFFLINE   702speedy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

why does this happen. i was using my droid then fell asleep,woke up and thats what i saw... bootloader

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users