ROOT FILE Link: update.zip
1. Connect phone to PC via USB. Pull down notification bar and select USB connection, then select "Mount" SD card.
2. Download the Droid Root file (update.zip).
3. Transfer the downloaded update.zip file to root of SD card. Once the file copied/moved, "Unmount" SD card.
4. Power off the phone, then while holding “X” on the physical keyboard, hold the power button to turn on the phone. You may let go of the power button, but do not let go of X until SP recovery menu comes up.
5. When you see a "/!\" symbol, press both vol+ and camera.
6. The menu will have four options, select “apply sdcard:update.zip”. Use the directional pad to navigate and push the gold center button to select it. The process will run for a few minutes.
7. Once the process is done, select “reboot system now” and select it. Your Droid will reboot, and when complete, you may open select your app drawer to bring up applications...where you will see a Ninja icon named "Superuser Permissions."
Your Droid has been rooted successfully.
IF YOU ARE ON 2.1, PLEASE VISIT THIS THREAD FIRST BEFORE ATTEMPTING A ROOT:
Edited by olta777, 08 June 2010 - 04:55 PM.