Droid X Gingerbread (2.3.3) - PreRelease Thread

1058 replies to this topic

#1041 OFFLINE   cheesebeard

Droid

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Device:Droid X2

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

Is it newer or older than the original leaked one?

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#1042 OFFLINE   jerkface

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Device:Droid X

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

drkcobra said:

Well there is more Droid X news. There is now officially a generic version of the Droid X firmware released by Motorola who calls that model the MB809 (same stunt as with the A855/A854). There is also an Alltel and Ntelos version of this firmware. Below is the exact file names for all 3 of these new released sbf files:

Ntelos:
SHADO_X6_3.1.39_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_1F_signed_secure_ntelos_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf
Brightpoint (generic or DST):
SHADO_X6_3.1.39_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_1E_signed_secure_DIST_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf
Alltel:
SHADO_X6_3.1.39_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_20_signed_secure_alltel_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf

What does that mean?

#1043 OFFLINE   dwstokley

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Device:DROID X

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

I have the rooted version on my X and it's smooth and very stable but my battery life sucks.... Very little texting, 2 phone calls in 8 hours and it went from 100% to dead. the only apps on the phone is what come on the rom.. Anybody have a clue ??

EDIT: And if this is a leaked rom for the droid x and not a built rom with borrowed files... why does it say AT&T on the hot spot sign in ?????????????

Edited by dwstokley, 08 April 2011 - 04:27 PM.

#1044 OFFLINE   cmartz369

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:droid x

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

If my phone has never been rooted and is stock can j just install this using the update.zip method on the boot screen camera+volume down

#1045 OFFLINE   DefinNormal

Android Pro

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Device:Droid. X

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

poseiden79 said:

HELP anyone!?!?!?!? I have been following this guide:

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

...trying to set my phone back to 2.2.1 (Froyo) and I am having no luck. The RSBLite app never tells me the flash is "pass". It has been saying "in progress..." and my phone is stuck in the reboot Red Droid Spinning Eye for over and hour now. What is going on and how can I fix this? Any ideas anyone???

Okay, you already seem to know how to begin the SBF process... so, I'll start from the point where RSDlite is showing that the SBF is "in progress..."

Let RSDlite run until either your phone boots up or until RSDlite finishes trying to get your phone to boot. If it doesn't boot up don't panic.. Once this part finishes RSDlite will ask you to manually attempt to boot your phone. Pull the battery and enter Bootloader Mode again. It should now tell you "Pass" if the SBF was successful.

If your phone wont actually boot up, either getting stuck at the logo or during the boot animation, pull the battery. Boot your phone into stock recovery by pressing and holding HOME + POWER until you see the Android guy and a triangle with an exclamation point in it.

Now press the SEARCH button and and wipe your data/cache twice at the very least. I would recommend at least wiping four times but that may not be necessary. The camera button is the enter button. Use the volume keys to scroll up now and select the option to reboot your phone.

If this doesn't work I would confirm all the initial steps such as running RSDlite as Administrator or using compatibility mode, trying RSDlite 4.8 or 4.9, confirming you have the correct drivers installed, confirming you have the correct FULL SBF (not system) and also checking the md5 sum to make sure you don't have a corrupt SBF file.. and making sure that the SBF is for firmware version 2.2.340 and such.

I hope this helps!

Edited by DefinNormal, 07 April 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#1046 OFFLINE   droidian84

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Wondering if anybody can set me up with a valid download link, even a torrent if possible. I can't find one anywhere. Much appreciated.

#1047 OFFLINE   dwstokley

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

First page has the Dl links

droidian84 said:

Wondering if anybody can set me up with a valid download link, even a torrent if possible. I can't find one anywhere. Much appreciated.

#1048 OFFLINE   droidian84

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

dwstokley said:

First page has the Dl links

All links have been shut down. (Files have been removed by megashare admins). I was wondering if anyone can upload the files and send me a link. Thanks.

#1049 OFFLINE   dwstokley

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

I'm going to post a link in about 5 mins... get it before its gone

droidian84 said:

All links have been shut down. (Files have been removed by megashare admins). I was wondering if anyone can upload the files and send me a link. Thanks.

#1050 OFFLINE   dwstokley

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

#1051 OFFLINE   dwstokley

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

#1052 OFFLINE   dwstokley

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

#1053 OFFLINE   Sierra8561

Junior Droid

• VIP
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

This is the original p3 leak file right?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#1054 OFFLINE   dwstokley

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

gingerbread droidx blackhat rooted leak

been running it for a few days and its a sweet rom.. had to turn off the wifi notice to save battery but i get over a day on full battery now

Edited by dwstokley, 12 April 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#1055 OFFLINE   droidian84

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

Thanks! I owe you.

#1056 OFFLINE   dwstokley

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

you welcome....in wifi setting uncheck everything or battery life will suck...scans non stop for wifi

#1057 OFFLINE   longstrethmitch

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Device:Droid x

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

i recently did the manual update with team black hats version. i followed all of the instructions, and it seemed to not have any trouble installing through bootsrap. once i rebooted my phone, the motorola sign popped up (like usual) and then it went to a screen that says "boot loader" on top, and said hit ok to program. what can i do to fix my phone?

#1058 OFFLINE   xryan18

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

longstrethmitch said:

i recently did the manual update with team black hats version. i followed all of the instructions, and it seemed to not have any trouble installing through bootsrap. once i rebooted my phone, the motorola sign popped up (like usual) and then it went to a screen that says "boot loader" on top, and said hit ok to program. what can i do to fix my phone?

Theres the program RSDlite that can fix the bootloader. Look up some videos on youtube. and be WARNED that you should have full battery or something close. i know you can't really check that now if it doesn't load. but if the battery runs out while doing that there is no way to charge the battery since it wont charge in that state. of course if your friend has a droid you could use his battery or put your battery in his phone to charge it. just be careful and there are discussions about this already. ive had to do this on more then one occasion.

#1059 OFFLINE   WugFresh

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

longstrethmitch said:

{{ WugFresh }}

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users