#101 OFFLINE   orkillakilla

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Device:Motorola DROID 2

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

Ronaldusmagnus80 said:

I was able to get into android system recovery but is there a way to get into cwm without booting up and running bootstrapper or a program similar to that?

You will have to SBF if you can't get the phone to boot.

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#102 OFFLINE   jlwoodman21

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Device:Droid 2

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

Ronaldusmagnus80 said:

I was able to get into android system recovery but is there a way to get into cwm without booting up and running bootstrapper or a program similar to that?

I thought that there was...can someone clarify?

#103 OFFLINE   jlwoodman21

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

orkillakilla said:

We currently do not have root for android 2.3 on our phones, so you cannot get clockworkmod recovery until they figure out how to root.

He means before the OS actually boots. I thought there was a way to boot into the cwm recovery

#104 OFFLINE   orkillakilla

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

jlwoodman21 said:

I thought that there was...can someone clarify?

Sometimes when your at the boot logo, you can pull your battery, boot up and get into clockwork, but that doesn't always work. Yeah i didn't understand what he ment till right after i replied :)

Bedtime for me. Night all

#105 OFFLINE   udaykiran0

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:udayk_
  • Device:Motorola Droid 2

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

Anybody facing problems with Swype I get a message that swype is running with reduced functionality as it is installed on a different device anybody with info plz.....

#106 OFFLINE   Ronaldusmagnus80

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for the help so far tonight, I'll try the battery pulling method for a while but I am going ahead with the sbf method.
Hopefully it works...it seems like what is happening to me is an anomaly

#107 OFFLINE   dco717

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Device:droid 2

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

how would i get back to stock when 2.3 actually is ota to us

#108 OFFLINE   DERacing

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:55 AM

I updated with the 2.3.3 attached .zip file.

Trying to sbf back using VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf (2.3.20).

After the sbf is complete, it gets to the bootanimation screen, then reboots again. I have ran the sbf several times. Also, downloaded the sbf again and ran another copy that I had used prior to this before that I know worked fine.

I tried to boot into recovery... Hold X and Power button til the triangle screen. But pressing both volume buttons does nothing. I can boot into the SBF mode by pressing the up arrow key while powering on the phone.

HELP! Im out of ideas!

#109 OFFLINE   jlwoodman21

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:28 AM

Try wiping the data and cache

#110 OFFLINE   DERacing

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:36 AM

jlwoodman21 said:

Try wiping the data and cache

Thats the problem. I cant get it to go into recovery to wipe anything. I can get to the triangle screen via X and Power on. But pressing both volume buttons is having no affect. Is there another key sequence to access the recovery screen on a phone sbf 2.3.20?

#111 OFFLINE   aampudia

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Device:Droid 2 (A955)

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:46 AM

DERacing said:

Thats the problem. I cant get it to go into recovery to wipe anything. I can get to the triangle screen via X and Power on. But pressing both volume buttons is having no affect. Is there another key sequence to access the recovery screen on a phone sbf 2.3.20?

it is working for me!! i used to get to recovery by pressing the magnifying glass instead of both volume keys, it might work! are you sure its not a hardware issue??

#112 OFFLINE   DERacing

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:54 AM

WEll, the magnifying glass got me into recovery... I'll update after I reflash.

Thanks for the tip.

#113 OFFLINE   brewcrewwheels

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Device:galaxy nexus

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

updated from apex without wiping. no issues thus far, aside from the fact the sync icon won't go away

#114 OFFLINE   Soxfan913

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:52 AM

I tried to update to GB, but all I got was a white screen. I couldn't do anything. I had the blue GB notification bar and just a white screen. My buttons had no haptic feedback, but I could somehow get into voice commands by pressing Home twice. I SBF'd back to stock and I'm going to try re-downloading again later, because it seemed like either a bad install or corrupted zip file. Has this happened to anybody else?

#115 OFFLINE   DERacing

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

Ok everything is back up and running again. GB loaded, had to do a wipe. The Vol buttons DID work this time to get into recovery.

What is with the unreadable CAPTCHA that you have to put in now for your google account? I can read a captcha, but these are soooo out of whack... very very hard to make out.

As said before though, SWYPE is not working now. Message as said above: I get a message that swype is running with reduced functionality as it is installed on a different device

Edited by DERacing, 28 March 2011 - 06:14 AM.

#116 OFFLINE   GloryUprising

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Device:D1/D2

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:34 AM

orkillakilla said:

I too came from liberty 1.5 and i wiped data and cache and all went smoothly

How does the performance compare between the GB build and Liberty 1.5? The bloatware on this rom is really annoying (nothing againts TBH of course!)....

#117 OFFLINE   udaykiran0

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

The performance of GB is far superior than any ROM so far (Ridiculous Quadrant scores -1894 on my Droid 2) Very Smooth Transitions and animations. Overall Performance has increased at-least up to 40-50%. Phone feels ultrafast.

As far as bloat ware - I could manage to uninstall City ID and NFS Shift..(Could not remove Verizon Navigator) Blur is at its best so far and very non-obtrusive..

Swype not working(Gives an error already discussed in this thread)

Cannot find the Cardock app(But could find the Cardock process running in the background)

No root available yet.

Definitely a worthy try and still can be SBF'ed to stock. Three cheers to TBH for this.....especially p3droid..

#118 OFFLINE   orkillakilla

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

GloryUprising said:

How does the performance compare between the GB build and Liberty 1.5? The bloatware on this rom is really annoying (nothing againts TBH of course!)....

Liberty right now seems to run smoother, but that is because it is rooted, bloat removed, and you can overclock. I'm sure GB will run smoother once we get root access and all the awesome devs start making their awesome ROMs

#119 OFFLINE   Craiger

MDW Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

Soxfan913 said:

I tried to update to GB, but all I got was a white screen. I couldn't do anything. I had the blue GB notification bar and just a white screen. My buttons had no haptic feedback, but I could somehow get into voice commands by pressing Home twice. I SBF'd back to stock and I'm going to try re-downloading again later, because it seemed like either a bad install or corrupted zip file. Has this happened to anybody else?

Same exact thing happened to me, can you explain how you got back to stock please?

#120 OFFLINE   udaykiran0

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

Craiger said:

Same exact thing happened to me, can you explain how you got back to stock please?

Ok guys try to SBF back to stock [URL="http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-2-discussion/5323-tbh-mydroidworld-present-droid-2-2-3-20-triple-threat.html"]

Details on how to SBF can be found in Droid 2 forums on XDA or droidforums.net

Once on stock root with z4 root. Install the Koush's bootstrap and try to wipe data cache and reflash the GB file and also plz check if the GB install zip you guys have is not corrupt....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users