←  Droid 2 Discussion

MyDroidWorld

»

Droid 2 Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release Thread

delsolracing's Photo delsolracing 27 Mar 2011

I am showing it as 265 MB (278,636,762 bytes)

jlwoodman21 said:

How big should the file be? 265.73 MB?

aeidian's Photo aeidian 27 Mar 2011

I purchased the app, dl'd the GB file. I made a backup via bootstrap reboot, do I now need to use rdslite to sbf the zip? Confused on the "install the firmware, then install zip from SD card" part. Is the firmware a separate DL?

orkillakilla's Photo orkillakilla 27 Mar 2011

aeidian said:

I purchased the app, dl'd the GB file. I made a backup via bootstrap reboot, do I now need to use rdslite to sbf the zip? Confused on the "install the firmware, then install zip from SD card" part. Is the firmware a separate DL?

Just flash the .zip in clockwork

This is a .sbf file they took and made it a flashable .zip file so you can use with clockwork recovery

To delsolracing, yes it should be that big. Remember, this is a full system .sbf file, which includes kernels, radios, basebands, etc. so its much larger than a regular ROM
Edited by orkillakilla, 27 March 2011 - 08:02 PM.

MischiefsMommy's Photo MischiefsMommy 27 Mar 2011

Ok, I wanna make sure im understanding correctly. Unroot before install? Or it doesn't matter. Can I re-root after the install? Thanks in advance. =)

orkillakilla said:

Just flash the .zip in clockwork

This is a .sbf file they took and made it a flashable .zip file so you can use with clockwork recovery

To delsolracing, yes it should be that big. Remember, this is a full system .sbf file, which includes kernels, radios, basebands, etc. so its much larger than a regular ROM

Finding update package.....
Opening update package.....

(1 min wait)

E: Can't open /sdcard/teamblackhat/Monster_D2_2.3.2_4.5.153.zip (bad)
Installation aborted

Suggestions?

MischiefsMommy said:

Ok, I wanna make sure im understanding correctly. Unroot before install? Or it doesn't matter. Can I re-root after the install? Thanks in advance. =)

You have to be rooted to install this. It's a flashable update.zip file, so you have to use clockwork to flash it. You CANNOT root this at the moment, but I'm sure the great devs here are working their hardest on it.
You CAN use the 2.3.20 SBF to return to 2.2 if you decide you don't like it.

aeidian said:

Finding update package.....
Opening update package.....

(1 min wait)

E: Can't open /sdcard/teamblackhat/Monster_D2_2.3.2_4.5.153.zip (bad)
Installation aborted

Suggestions?

Try redownloading. It sounds like the file got corrupted during download.

udaykiran0's Photo udaykiran0 27 Mar 2011

Just try to re-download the file again from the start of this thread(Mirrors posted). Delete the old file from tbh folder and flash the zip you download from the mirrors.....

udaykiran0's Photo udaykiran0 27 Mar 2011

Anybody with Gingerbread on Droid 2. Can u plz confirm the speaker phone volume during the calls mine is very very low......

Kevcube's Photo Kevcube 27 Mar 2011

udaykiran0 said:

Anybody with Gingerbread on Droid 2. Can u plz confirm the speaker phone volume during the calls mine is very very low......

I can confirm this, I recently had a double ear infection and I can barely hear anything, but I had my brother listen for me and he confirmed it was ridiculously quiet.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Kevcube said:

I can confirm this, I recently had a double ear infection and I can barely hear anything, but I had my brother listen for me and he confirmed it was ridiculously quiet.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Well these are leak files, so maybe it will be fixed before the OTA

I just tested the speaker phone on my d2 and everything works just fine.

cybrwulf's Photo cybrwulf 27 Mar 2011

I am so stoked that we have a sweet Gingerbread leak for the D2! I love it on my X, and the wife will like it on her D2... however, we need some sort of fix for the low volume on the D2... :(

orkillakilla said:

Try redownloading. It sounds like the file got corrupted during download.

Didn't download it from the mirror, dl'd it from the tbh app that I purchased. Has anyone else had a bad dl from them?

aeidian said:

Didn't download it from the mirror, dl'd it from the tbh app that I purchased. Has anyone else had a bad dl from them?

I downloaded from a mirror and had no problems with the file. If you can, try doing that instead of the app. Sometimes these phones are weird about downloading things and they end up corrupt

MischiefsMommy's Photo MischiefsMommy 27 Mar 2011

Perfect didn't want to unroot. Thanks. =)

jlwoodman21's Photo jlwoodman21 27 Mar 2011

I'm seeing some people with issues SBFing back to stock on the droid x over in there forums. Can anyone comment on that for the d2?

jlwoodman21 said:

I'm seeing some people with issues SBFing back to stock on the droid x over in there forums. Can anyone comment on that for the d2?

I'm going to try to sbf now. I'll report back.

I also just noticed that when I plug the phone in my computer, and go to the lockscreen the screen times out after about 2 seconds, and keeps doing so till I unplug it.... odd and slightly annoying
Edited by orkillakilla, 27 March 2011 - 09:26 PM.

jlwoodman21's Photo jlwoodman21 27 Mar 2011

I'm at work and I'm trying to use my phone to download the file through the mirrors, but it always finishes the download and the file is like 21 KB. Anyone else having this issue?

Ar ru's Photo Ar ru 27 Mar 2011

I can't get 3g connectivity for some reason with this, however, those of you with in-call volume problems. It seems to fix itself after a reboot. Now if only i could get 3g back, i'd be in business...