Well this is what we all were waiting for, Gingerbread, DroidX and Root
Follow these directions carefully.
To get back to stock:
1. Grab the SBF File
You must start the process with your phone running the official 2.3.340. If you have already upgraded to gingerbread grab this 2.3.340 sbf file.... 2.3.340 Official SBF file
2. Grab RSDlite
You must use RSDLite to use the sbf file from step 1 .... RSDLite
3. Grab the Drivers
4. Run RSDLite and sbf your phone back to 2.3.340
5. go into recovery and wipe data (otherwise you will bootloop)
1. Download the following file and place on the root of your sdcard.
File size = 175.8 MB (184313550 bytes)
md5sum = 52c88ab0c2954f1a1624f72e502175cc
Direct Download - Mirror 1
Rooted Droid X - Mirror 1
Rooted Droid X - Mirror 2
Rooted Droid X - Mirror 3
YOU MAY NOT NEED THE FOLLOWING FILE, ONLY USE THIS IF YOU HAVE A BROKEN RECOVERY
Download recovery patch.
2. Put phone into bootstrap recovery
3. Install the file you downloaded above
4. Sit back and watch (Your phone will bootloop for approx 30 secs, if any longer than that, pull battery and restart your phone.
You should now have gingerbread and it should be rooted.
5. You have to use D2 Bootstrap on Gingerbread, DX bootstrap won't work.Get it here http://www.mediafire...36we9h8bslejtwk
6. If you're having Sync Issues After flash you need to Go back and do a Factory Reset in Stock Recovery. It helps if you do it multiple times. I usually do it 3 or 4 at a minimum.
7. IF YOU FOLLOW P3Droid ON TWITTER YOU ALREADY SAW THAT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ROOT THEN YOU SHOULD NOT EXCEPT THE OTA. TO HELP THAT NOT HAPPEN RENAME UPGRADE.APK TO UPGRADE.BAK IN /SYSTEM/APP
8. Apps missing from your market? Here's an easy fix compliments of JRummy. Get it here.
To Help support the site please consider becoming a supporting member.
Edited by Aixelsyd, 30 March 2011 - 11:49 AM.