72 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts
  • Device:HTC Thunderbolt

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

ranman said:

Yes it accepts the adb shell but not the dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/data/local/flash_image copy and paste same result.

OK...did you flash the flash_image file first? ...also make sure the files are in correct locations. Also is your debugging enabled? :)

> Register at MDW | MDW Rules and Guidelines <
Click the Posted Image in a member's post to thank them for their post!
"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

MyDroidWorld.com

#22 OFFLINE   ranman

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Device:Droid

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

I transferred the flash image and the the recovery-0.99.2b.img to the sd card and debugging is enabled. I have gone over and over the steps, and I thought i was trying to flash the image to the phone. I think I need some sleep I'm getting confused now.

#23 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

ranman said:

I transferred the flash image and the the recovery-0.99.2b.img to the sd card and debugging is enabled. I have gone over and over the steps, and I thought i was trying to flash the image to the phone. I think I need some sleep I'm getting confused now.

Once you transferred the files to root of sd card, make sure and unmount (turn off mass storage), then use adb to type commands. :)

"BB Pearl > LG Dare > BB Storm 1 > BB Storm 2 > HTC Eris > Motorola Droid > HTC Incredible > Droid X > HTC Incredible > Samsung Fascinate - Rooted/CWM Recovery/Blackhole FROYO - WINNER" :angel

#24 OFFLINE   ranman

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

I have transferred the files to the sd card, but how do you transfer to root of sd card?

#25 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:05 AM

ranman said:

I have transferred the files to the sd card, but how do you transfer to root of sd card?

When you open the card to view files, that first place is root of SD card. The file just cannot be in any folder. ;)

#26 OFFLINE   ranman

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

OK I got that right, I unmounted the sd card and permission still denied.

#27 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

ranman said:

OK I got that right, I unmounted the sd card and permission still denied.

Do you have the USB drivers all set up, same as sdk? If yes, I would probably re-run the root update.zip. Then try process again. :)

#28 OFFLINE   ranman

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:35 AM

Yes I have, and re-running the root update was one of the first things I did, to make sure I re-downloaded it in case of corruption.

#29 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

ranman said:

Yes I have, and re-running the root update was one of the first things I did, to make sure I re-downloaded it in case of corruption.

Try typing the
adb shell then
su
And then copy/paste next line of code. :)

#30 OFFLINE   ranman

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

Now it says no such file or directory for dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/data/local/flash_image

#31 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

ranman said:

Now it says no such file or directory for dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/data/local/flash_image

I know I asked you before....but you do have both files, the flash_image and sprecovery, in root of SD card? :)

#32 OFFLINE   ranman

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

I have the 0.99.2b recovery img, and the flash_image. Where do I find the sprecovery?

#33 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

ranman said:

I have the 0.99.2b recovery img, and the flash_image. Where do I find the sprecovery?

oh ok...sprecovery is the 0.99.2b ;)

#34 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

Ok, try this guide...

Please Login HERE or Register HERE to see this link!

...and see if it clears more for you...I am puzzled as to why it is not working. I followed the guide (the first link) and it worked flawlessly for me ;)

#35 OFFLINE   ranman

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

All the same steps but thank you anyway. Wish I could figure this out.

#36 OFFLINE   dpeco

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:13 AM

olta777 said:

Also, try highlight, copying, then right click paste the code :)

Olta, where do I find this code exactly?

#37 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

:emo_im_winking:

dpeco said:

Olta, where do I find this code exactly?

The codes are in the link for custom recovery image. :emo_im _winking:

#38 OFFLINE   dpeco

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

olta777 said:

:emo_im_winking:

The codes are in the link for custom recovery image. :emo_im _winking:

Sorry, I meantthe path for the Android SDK folder. I am trying to do this the hard way that everyone says I should instead of the DM Updater, and have never done it so just a little lost.
I have the command promt up, no biggie, just not sure where to find the path to cut and paste

#39 OFFLINE   olta777

Android Master

• VIP
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

Open ask tools folder, and you will see path at. Or you can do cd (change directory). Let me find exact code for cd :)

Ok, so first tell me where your SDK tools folder is located at...

But here is the example...if it's located on C drive...to change directory, you would type:

cd c:\sdk\tools

When you open the Sdk tools folder, the path is in top navigation bar. :)

Edited by olta777, 09 March 2010 - 10:48 AM.

#40 OFFLINE   dpeco

Junior Droid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

olta777 said:

Open ask tools folder, and you will see path at. Or you can do cd (change directory). Let me find exact code for cd :)

Ok, so first tell me where your SDK tools folder is located at...

But here is the example...if it's located on C drive...to change directory, you would type:

cd c:\sdk\tools

When you open the Sdk tools folder, the path is in top navigation bar. :)

I saved it to a folder on my desktop, then I clicked on it and extracted it, and just hit OK. It placed a diff folder in the Folder and when I click on that I see a folder called tools. Whe I click on that it gives me a fairly long path in the nav bar, I copied it and placed it after "cd" as stated and gave me :

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>"cd"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Droi
d Programs for Root\android-sdk_r05-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>

Olta777, I believe I may have found the problem? Typing the quotes for change directory? and am I correct that the path will be where the Android SDK folder is saved to after being extracted? When I hit extract on the download, it places a folder in my original download folder that says "Android-sdk.... When I open that, there is a tools folder inside, once I open that (there are many items in that) then that is the path correct? And if so, what is it that I change the name of to Android (that is in a SDK Set up post you had http://www.mydroidwo...s-easy-way.html : ) I know, told you I was a noob, was not exaggerating!

Edited by dpeco, 09 March 2010 - 12:24 PM.
change and add link

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users