Well this is what we all were waiting for, Gingerbread, Droid2 and Root and Deodexoed
Deodexing was done by xUltimate, give him a big thanks to Xeudoxus and a follow on twitter.
Follow these directions carefully.
YOU CAN ONLY USE THIS FILE IF YOU HAVE ALREADY UPGRADED TO GINGERBREAD
1. Download the following file and place on the root of your sdcard.
File size = 142.0 MB (148916872 bytes)
md5sum = 6caa64a98c88ba717ace7b6b20573530
Direct Download 1 - Download Now
Rooted, Deodexed Droid 2 - Mirror 1
Rooted, Deodexed Droid 2 - Mirror 2
Rooted, Deodexed Droid 2 - Mirror 3
Rooted, Deodexed Droid 2 - Mirror 4
Rooted, Deodexed Droid 2 - Mirror 5
2. Put phone into bootstrap recovery
3. Install the file you downloaded above
4. Sit back and watch (Your phone will bootloop for approx 2 mins, if any longer than that, pull battery and restart your phone.
You should now have gingerbread and it should be rooted.
5. You have to use D2 Bootstrap on Gingerbread, Get it here Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap v220.127.116.11.apk
6. If you're having Sync Issues After flash you need to Go back and do a Factory Reset in Stock Recovery. It helps if you do it multiple times. I usually do it 3 or 4 at a minimum.
7. IF YOU FOLLOW P3Droid ON TWITTER YOU ALREADY SAW THAT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ROOT THEN YOU SHOULD NOT ACCEPT THE OTA.
Market fix has been applied to build.prop - if still having problems see below
8. Apps missing from your market? Here's an easy fix compliments of JRummy. Get it here.
REMEMBER IF YOU BOOTLOOP, WIPE DATA.
To Help support the site please consider becoming a supporting member.
Edited by p3droid, 31 March 2011 - 07:05 AM.